Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #46
twob4him
DIS Veteran

I love the idea and appreciate you trying to reach out to us who can't watch during the day. It just sounds like a LOT of work for all of you. Maybe if you do this for special occasions it wouldnt be so much on your part. Again, I admire all of your hard work and dedication.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #47
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybridein2k3 View Post
Speak for yourself. Many of us have been there from the beginning, watching the show evolve into what it is today and remember how much fun chat would be when the team was there. The opportunity to chat while watching gives that same feeling- one community joining in for a common interest. I had to watch last Tuesday's show on YouTube and definitely felt like I was missing out. I love being part of this community -- not just The Dis, but The Dis Unplugged board.
Umm. First of all, I am speaking for myself. The OP wants to know what we, individually think. I have stated that. Second, the proposal to do sort of a wrap-up show later in the day would not aid in any way your ability to chat live during the broadcast. If you miss the live show when it is live, then you miss it. The simple truth is that the vast majority of viewers/listeners are going to be catching the show after it airs live. That is going to be true no matter what time the broadcast airs. If you glean great pleasure from texting and chatting live, that is fine. But to do so, you have to watch live. The addition of another broadcast won't change that. Which is not to say that the additional broadcast is a bad thing. But is it essential?

And I really don't understand the notion of "missing out" if you watch the replay on Youtube. You suggest that you have "been there from the beginning". Well, if that is true, then you have been listening to the Podcasts hours after they were taped. Were you negatively impacted by this all those years?
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #48
IbeAbitGOOFY
Dis Dad #736
Half of it would end up on my face and hands

I really like the idea of doing a re-broadcast of the show later in the day with a "limited" crew. As twob4him stated, this seems like a lot of work for you guys, but for me, if you are up to doing it, I'll stay up and watch!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #49
kbelle8995
DIS Veteran

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
Umm. First of all, I am speaking for myself. The OP wants to know what we, individually think. I have stated that. Second, the proposal to do sort of a wrap-up show later in the day would not aid in any way your ability to chat live during the broadcast. If you miss the live show when it is live, then you miss it. The simple truth is that the vast majority of viewers/listeners are going to be catching the show after it airs live. That is going to be true no matter what time the broadcast airs. If you glean great pleasure from texting and chatting live, that is fine. But to do so, you have to watch live. The addition of another broadcast won't change that. Which is not to say that the additional broadcast is a bad thing. But is it essential?

And I really don't understand the notion of "missing out" if you watch the replay on Youtube. You suggest that you have "been there from the beginning". Well, if that is true, then you have been listening to the Podcasts hours after they were taped. Were you negatively impacted by this all those years?
Because some of us would like to take part on occasion and cannot because we are at work. I don't know about your boss but mine is not understanding about chatting and watching a podcast when I am supposed to be working. The boss doesn't fuss when I go post but only occasionaly when I am on a break as I am now.

I too feel slightly left out because I cannot chat. It does not negatively impact me but it does make me feel like I am missing something.

All I am saying is if it Pete and the crew are okay with doing it at night once in awhile, I think that this is a nice gesture and satisfies me just fine. If not I'm okay with that too. I'm grateful to Pete and Crew for even batting around the idea and posting our opinions.

Last edited by kbelle8995; 02-19-2013 at 11:23 AM.
kbelle8995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #50
Miss Monorail 1971
Please Stand Clear of the Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSURyan
I don't post here often but I'm a long time member of the DIS and long time listener. love the live shows even though I don't watch them "live." I understand and surely appreciate your desire to reach as many people as possible but I'm sure it's needed. I know the live show is your new toy but its still Christmas. I worry about it becoming a bit too much for you and the team. I'd hate to see you guys burn out or have the show become a chore. I know it's a lot of work as it is. Spend that time and energy on the new segments. 7 in 7 and the park bench is great! I'm looking forward to what you guys come up with next. The video shows have really opened up you guys creatively.
I totally agree with this.

Miss Monorail 1971 - Konni
Miss Monorail 1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #51
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbelle8995 View Post
All I am saying is if it Pete and the crew are okay with doing it at night once in awhile, I think that this is a nice gesture and satisfies me just fine. If not I'm okay with that too. I'm grateful to Pete and Crew for even batting around the idea and posting our opinions.
I agree with this 100%. Give it a try. If 1,000 people log on to chat on topic, then WHAM!! It's a huge success. If 50 people log on to chat amongst themselves, then, maybe, not so much. Trust me. If you haven't been able to follow the live chatting that has gone on during the show so far, you haven't missing anything.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: