Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #16
mare07
Earning My Ears

I will caveat that we never do the dining plan. I actually had to go to the dining plan pdf to make sure everything is correct based on credits, but I may be off on one, sorry if that's the case!

1. Liberty Tree Tavern - We are just a fan of the dinner, atmosphere, etc. Never had a bad meal here.

2. Biergarten - it was really between this and Les Chefs. We usually snack our way around Epcot so we haven't eaten at either lately, but they are both fun with good food. We are eating at Via Napoli in a week and I'm excited to try it after all the good reviews, though!

3. 50's Prime Time - Fun atmosphere, good comfort food. Service is really dependent on the server, but it's usually a great time.

4. No comment as I've never actually eaten at a TS at DAK. Odd, because I worked here for over a year, but we always go to Flame Tree (yum!)

5. Portobello - Good meal, good service, often overlooked. Nothing fancy, though.

6. Earl of Sandwich - Yummy meal. Line can be intimidating, but moves quickly. Real choice? Ghiradelli, but that offers little in the way of nutrition, haha!

7. Boma - The food is always interesting and one of the better buffet experiences overall. Cape May seafood buffet comes in a close 2nd here.
If we do breakfast it's at Kona Cafe for the coffee and Tonga Toast!

7a. We love, love, love Hoop Dee Doo! I have a special place for it because I worked at Fort Wilderness for my CP program, but the show always makes me laugh and the food is typically yummy :-)

8. Norway - We are way out of the character dining experience (my sister and I are the "kids" at 25 and 28 with no kids yet!), but I'm going to go with Norway here.

9. We are bad planners and rarely decide on our trip 180 days out, so the choice of restaurants tends to be limited. We are lucky enough to be able to eat almost anywhere, so Signature dining typically includes many of our dinners (they're a pretty easy get late except for Cali Grill and Le Cell):

Honestly, if you enjoy an experience, wine, and consider yourself open to trying new and amazing dishes then Victoria & Alberts with the wine pairing is completely and utterly amazing. Best dinner I've ever had, hands down. We jokingly called it Vicky & Al's before we went and two courses in my dad said he would never call it that again.

V&A not sound like your cup of tea? I love the Brown Derby and haven't had a bad meal here, though service can be slow at times and I've seen mixed reviews overall. We are also big fans of Le Cellier and Yachtsman. We've eaten at Cali Grill twice but it's been a while and it's hard to get ADR's. If you can get them, GO.

I would say the best thing about the signatures is that the service is typically impeccable, servers knowledgeable and attentive, overall a more leisurely experience, and the food of fantastic quality. We also enjoy sharing a bottle of wine, so the wine lists here are all great as well.

Never done the CRT and never hung out at DTD.

MEd-Arizona State University 2011
Dinoland Attractions/Trainer: 2008-2009
WDWCP: 2006

GO ILLINI!
mare07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #17
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Please tell me your favorites in each of these categories AND WHY:

Favorite Magic Kingdom 1 credit table service: Liberty Tree
Favorite Epcot 1 credit table service: Akershus!!
Favorite Hollywood Studios 1 credit table service:Mama Melrose
Favorite Animal Kingdom 1 credit table service: Yak &Yeti!!!!!
Favorite DTD 1 credit table service: Raglan Road
Favorite overall DTD restaurant: Tie: Raglan and Wolfgang Puck (DH would add T.Rex)
Favorite Resort 1 credit table service: Boma, a must!
Favorite Character Meal: 'Ohana breakfast
Favorite 2 credit or expensive restaurant: Le Cellier; last seating because the atmosphere then is so chill

Bonus: Is the cost of Cinderellas Royale Table worth it if you don't have kids but enjoy character meals? Yes, especially if you book the more relaxed last seating
Extra Bonus: What DTD night entertainment spot would you pick if you weren't a drinker? The area around Paradiso, lots of musicians, and human statues, plus overlooking the water and you can see the amazing white birds sleeping in the trees

Last edited by hotcarib; 02-15-2013 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Add info
hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #18
budafam
DIS Veteran

Favorite Magic Kingdom 1 credit table service: Liberty Tree Tavern.. love the pot roast!
Favorite Epcot 1 credit table service: Biergarten - being from Wisconsin, I like the German food
Favorite Hollywood Studios 1 credit table service: 50's Prime Time... again, pot roast.
Favorite Animal Kingdom 1 credit table service: Yak & Yeti just for the appetizers & yummy wonton dessert!
Favorite DTD 1 credit table service: T-Rex! I have kids but still... I loved the food and the place was just cool!
Favorite overall DTD restaurant: again, T-Rex.. same reasons as above.
Favorite Resort 1 credit table service: Boma! The seafood gumbo got me hooked.
Favorite Character Meal: 1900 Park Fare, either breakfast or dinner... I found both to be great, the characters are excellent and strawberry soup! Hello!!!
Favorite 2 credit or expensive restaurant: California Grill just because of the sushi.

Bonus: Is the cost of Cinderellas Royale Table worth it if you don't have kids but enjoy character meals? I think it is. I'm probably in the minority but being in the castle is worth it to me... the princesses are okay but the food we had everytime has been fantastic.
Extra Bonus: What DTD night entertainment spot would you pick if you weren't a drinker? I would say Splitsville but I haven't been there yet either.
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #19
stink
Mouseketeer

MK - Tonys Town Square...however I have never been to Be Our Guest

Epcot - Chefs France tied with Rose & Crown, Food & atmosphere

Hollywood Studios - 50s Prime Time Case, why fun

Animal Kingdom - Never had TS, can't comment

DTD - tie between T-Rex for atmosphere, food & Cotton-tini (great with kiddos who love Dinos), Raglan Road for great Fish & Chips, Beer, Hard Cider & entertainment(more for adults)

Resort - tie between Ohana, Kona & Whispering Canyon, Fun & Food.
Ohana great food and kids loved it, can be loud & busy, we had a great table near Window with great view of MK real treat for our extended family. Kona I did with adults only and I loved the food, more relaxed & quiet. Whispering Canyon was a riot, again with extended family, very loud, so much fun !

Character Meal - 1900 Park Fare , best food,

Two TS - Artist Point had one of the best meals I've had on property, from appetizers to desserts to specialty coffee's.....

Really expensive Victoria & Alberts ! Took my parents there for their 50th Anniversary and it was a once in a life time meal...

I did CRT years ago, just to say I ate at the Castle. Glad I experienced it. Probably will not do again...

Evening Entertainment -
I have never been a huge fan of DTD at night, used to like the Adventurers Club, since that closed I tend not to go there as much,

What I like for Evening Entertainment, although not DTD...
On the cheap, watch fireworks & stroll the Poly Beach. Tour the resorts & soak up the atmosphere. See the monorail resorts, kick back & relax in the lobby of choice, than take a Boat to WL. Also...walking the Boardwalk and touring Y & B & stopping for Ice Cream at Beeches N Cream or one of shops at the BW is always fun. Sometimes you run into a Jugglar or a magician along the BW.

Little more Pricey - Carriage Ride around Port Orleans Resort. I think they also have them at Fort Wilderness

A lot more pricey - Fireworks Cruise to watch Wishes or Illuminations

Again these are not DTD but some non drinking options for the evening.
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #20
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeliot View Post
please tell me your favorites in each of these categories and why:

Favorite magic kingdom 1 credit table service:BOG- fabulous ambiance and better than average menu for a park ts
favorite epcot 1 credit table service: Biergarten. For the beer and the food.
favorite hollywood studios 1 credit table service: 50s PTC for great ambiance and fried chicken. And the best milkshakes
favorite animal kingdom 1 credit table service: TH breakfast-but only pre-opening
favorite dtd 1 credit table service: Raglan Road. For the ales, the food and the entertainment
favorite overall dtd restaurant: see above
favorite resort 1 credit table service: Sanaa. Best 1 ts restaurant on property
favorite character meal: Crystal Palace. Like the food. Love these characters
Favorite 2 credit or expensive restaurant: Citricos- one of the quieter signatures. Excellent food and superb service

bonus: Is the cost of cinderellas royale table worth it if you don't have kids but enjoy character meals? no
extra bonus: What dtd night entertainment spot would you pick if you weren't a drinker? Raglan Road
!
hth
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: