Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-10-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
Toffeewoffy's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: South of London
Posts: 448

Caribbean Beach Bonding Break : Day 8 - It's all over ... :(

I got up at 7.30am and left Emma in bed while I drove over to the DCC to drop the car off. I stopped off for petrol opposite, and put about $18 in. I timed it brilliantly: a shuttle was just about to leave. She said she’d wait for me as I was next in line for return anyway. Everything was fine – although I told the guy it would have been nice if the car had been valeted before I took it!

I was second drop: the couple in the shuttle with me were being dropped direct at Epcot, and then the driver offered to drop me right back at our building, which was really nice of her.

Back in the room, Emma was still in bed. I nagged her to get up as I wanted to go and get breakfast. She was so tired after her late night that I had a real job. It was 10.30am before I got her up! We went over to the food hall where Emma insisted on Mickey waffle and bacon for breakfast. Guess who had to pay for it. I decided to snack credit my bagel. After breakfast, we went to the shop so I could spend the rest of my card and use up my last 4 snack credits. I found some Goofy & Co sweets. I wanted the Mickey pretzels, but they only had the really big bags or the tiny ones. Emma persuaded me to buy her the big bag, and I used up the rest of the gift card on that. This meant I had no money left to buy my ‘Mine’ mug which I’d been ogling all week. Mind you, the bags were so full I don’t know where I’d have put it!

Back to the room where a bit of creative packing went on. We got everything packed. Well, I say ‘we’, but that consisted of Emma sitting on her bed picking at her skin while I did it all!

At a little after noon the scooter guy turned up to collect the scooter, the second charger and the key to the ‘dead’ one. He was English! I could have had a go about the state of the scooters and the appalling performance, but what was the point?!

We went back out to sit near the pool and take in the resort for a while before we had to leave.

Unfortunately the baby carrots I bought ended up frozen for some reason, but I ate my Cheetos that I bought. Emma sat in a hammock for a while but soon came back to me. She then decided it was far more sensible to use the public restrooms behind the food hall than go back to the room and use those – and so close to us being collected. After 10 minutes I couldn’t wait for her any longer and returned to the room. She finally got back at 1.25pm – but our porter hadn’t arrived yet anyway. He finally arrived just after 1.30pm. It was just time for a final photo back at our room (which is barely visible anyway, being smack behind the tree in the centre of the pic) and then off we went.

We went back and checked out and then it was a case of waiting for our coach to arrive. It was the water parks bus and had that pierced printed film over all the windows. While it kept the sun out beautifully, it also meant we couldn’t take any last-minute photos of anything. We were told that we were Terminal A which would be the first stop. Needless to say, the front of the bus was full and we had to schlep down to the back. I told them when we got off that they should have asked the second drop people to go to the back to make our life a bit easier.

A porter was vying for business, but I told him I didn’t have any change for him, anyway, and he went away quite grumpily. It was straight up in the lift and straight across to Virgin anyway, so it would have been a waste of money. We were met at check-in by my wheelchair assistance and he took us through to security – with a short detour so Emma could buy some Krispy Kreme donuts. We were fast-tracked through security and then taken to the departure lounge.

The plane started loading at 5.30pm and we were on the plane before we knew it. We found to our delight that we did indeed have a spare seat to ourselves. So, I sat in the window and Emma sat in the aisle, while my cabin bag sat on the floor in the middle seat.

I took the obligatory sunset photos out of the plane window as we left.
[I'll have to add these later, as Photobucket keeps crashing]

The flight was uneventful – and only 7 hours 18 minutes long. I think we actually got some sleep, too. I watched the end of After Earth which I’d missed on the outward flight because we were coming in to land, and also watched Elysium. After a bit of sleep I watched Star Trek again because I figure I doze better when I'm missing something I want to watch (:side, and then played a bubble popping game as we came in to land. The bloody woman in front of me reclined the whole way, so I had to recline too otherwise the screen was less than a foot from my face! Some people are so bloody selfish. If she’d sat in the empty middle seat then no-one would have been bothered. Or maybe I could have shifted over – but then I wouldn’t have had all that space to spread out in to try and sleep. There was no-one behind me or the centre seat, incidentally.

There was a bit of annoyance at dinner because they now only have two meals on offer – a meat or a vegetarian – and you don’t get a menu on the way back so there’s no way of knowing what you’re going to get. I had the chicken curry, which wasn’t too spicy in the end. Could have done with a bit more in it, mind you. It was thigh meat and I had to pick at it. There wasn’t a lot of rice and no veg at all. Emma couldn’t have either, but they found her a lemon chicken and rice to eat. We had hot chocolate and a lemon dessert after, but the dessert wasn’t brilliant. Emma refused to eat hers, as she thought the printed code of 261 was 26th January.

Anyway, we landed early and were fast-tracked through on one of Gatwick’s buggies. Everyone had gone through by the time we got to passport control, but they came to us instead of us going to them. Emma loved the way the buggy drove into a lift!!

They also got our bags off the belt for us (the last few going round on the Premium belt) and then I said I could manage from there on. I got one of the trolleys and put our bags on it and we walked through to the meeting point where we had to wait for Paul to come and get us. It took 1½ hours in the end due to heavy traffic, but at last he was there and we loaded up the car.

As soon as we got in, Emma and I took our cabin bags upstairs, and then took ourselves straight to bed. I think I slept through to gone 4pm.

Characters met this year (in order):

The Ugly Sisters
Prince Charming
King Louie
The White Rabbit
Snow White
Chef Mickey
Chef Donald
Chef Minnie
Chef Goofy
Chef Pluto
Talking Mickey

Total: 21, 10 of which were completely new
Toffeewoffy is offline  

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.