Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

What does everyone do with their bag (full of camera, some cash/credit card, etc) on Castaway Cay when you are snorkeling?
Are there lockers? Do cast members at snorkel gear rental hold them? Do you trust? I wouldn't enjoy snorkeling if Im looking back at my stuff worrying the whole time!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
Csgrandma
Earning My Ears

Kyss bag

A Kyss bag can be locked to your chair. Google it, or someone more computer savvy can lead you to the right posts. I found it on here and ordered one right away. It locks and attaches to your chair. Brilliant!
Csgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

You could do a bike lock with your bag around a chair. That and a... crap I don't know what they're called... it's a little plastic lock that you twist and it breaks apart (they use them on the code carts at work.).
Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAbby'sMom View Post
What does everyone do with their bag (full of camera, some cash/credit card, etc) on Castaway Cay when you are snorkeling?
Are there lockers? Do cast members at snorkel gear rental hold them? Do you trust? I wouldn't enjoy snorkeling if Im looking back at my stuff worrying the whole time!
The only camera we take while on CC (or any day that has water excursions) is a waterproof one. That way, it stays with us.

I will point out that cash/credit cards/KTTW cards can all get wet. DH has a pocket in his swim trunks that he keeps his KTTW card in. And I generally just use a more "private spot" in the top of my suit.

You don't really need cash on CC, or credit cards. Just use your KTTW card for purchases there.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

So if u but something at their store (suvies) they can charge your room?
What (if anything) do u need $ for on the island?
Old 02-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
Sinderelly
Princess

The only cash you will need on CC is at the post office for stamps if you plan to mail postcards. You could use a waterproof lanyard for KTTW cards and bring a cheap disposable camera.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So if u but something at their store (suvies) they can charge your room?
What (if anything) do u need $ for on the island?
Only thing you need cash for would be stamps at the post office (if it's open).

Think of CC as an extension of the ship, you can use your KTTW card for purchases (just like on the ship).

Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
Old 02-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #8
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinderelly
The only cash you will need on CC is at the post office for stamps if you plan to mail postcards. You could use a waterproof lanyard for KTTW cards and bring a cheap disposable camera.
It's our 1st cruise & 1st time to the island...I kinda want tons of pictures though!?!? And underwater cameras don't always take the best pics!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
amberann6783
Earning My Ears

The ONLY thing you would need to worry about is your nice camera. There is no need for cash or credit cards on CC. Everything you buy, gets put on your KTTW card and will end up on your stateroom report at the end of the cruise. As for the camera, I always say "out of site, out of mind.". If you are done taking pics and are out swimming, put it away, in a bag, wrap it in a towel, stick it somewhere and bunched up with the rest of your belongings on your beach chair. Everyone on that island, with the exception of the CMs that live on CC is from that Disney Cruise. Most people don't care about your stuff and just want to enjoy their vacation. But for the small few that may be out there....just put it out of sight. They won't be rummaging through your things with CM's roaming the beach constantly taking drink orders.

Amber
amberann6783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #10
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberann6783
The ONLY thing you would need to worry about is your nice camera. There is no need for cash or credit cards on CC. Everything you buy, gets put on your KTTW card and will end up on your stateroom report at the end of the cruise. As for the camera, I always say "out of site, out of mind.". If you are done taking pics and are out swimming, put it away, in a bag, wrap it in a towel, stick it somewhere and bunched up with the rest of your belongings on your beach chair. Everyone on that island, with the exception of the CMs that live on CC is from that Disney Cruise. Most people don't care about your stuff and just want to enjoy their vacation. But for the small few that may be out there....just put it out of sight. They won't be rummaging through your things with CM's roaming the beach constantly taking drink orders.
Drink orders as in alcohol, or soft drinks & water too? Hmmm, kinda neat to be waited on like that. !!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #11
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's our 1st cruise & 1st time to the island...I kinda want tons of pictures though!?!? And underwater cameras don't always take the best pics!
Here's afew pictures taken with our Fuji (from WalMart) disposable camera on our recent Hawaii cruise:

I think they look pretty good.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #12
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

Here's afew pictures taken with our Fuji (from WalMart) disposable camera on our recent Hawaii cruise:

I think they look pretty good.
I would have to agree, maybe I will get a few waterproof ones & just take them with us in the water
And where can you get the lanyards everyone talks of for KTTW & IDs?
Old 02-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #13
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would have to agree, maybe I will get a few waterproof ones & just take them with us in the water
And where can you get the lanyards everyone talks of for KTTW & IDs?
You can wait and buy them onboard for about $8.00 apiece or buy them for much cheaper at places like WalMart or Dollar Stores.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #14
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have a Pentax waterproof point-and-shoot that takes great pictures. Here is a link to my flickr album with underwater pictures and videos taken at Castaway Cay: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7411850...th/5361907557/. Mine is 4 years old, so I'm sure there's a new version out.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #15
tessa67
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberann6783 View Post
To each his own but there have been posts about people having things stolen at CC. And the CMs have no idea who a particular bag belongs to so, as far as they are concerned, the person rummaging may be the owner.

Not a camera but several years ago a couple we were cruising with bought their littles a bucket of sand toys on the island and someone walked off with it.
tessa67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: