Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
ginnenern
Earning My Ears

Walk to tram on CC

Is it a long walk from the ship to the tram on CC? If so, has anyone had experience with getting a person with mobility difficulties to the tram? Does Disney have a golf cart or anything? My MIL suffers from MS and gets easily fatigued or will have leg pain with long walks. She does not use a wheelchair, so does not fall under Disney's "Disability" clause. She occasionally uses a walking cane. This is probably the only port she will get off the ship at and I want her to enjoy it. Thanks everyone

~me DH DD(9)

ginnenern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

if you let the cm's know they will have a golf cart pick her up at the ship entrance and drop her off at the tram stop.
we had to do this for an elderly person with us. it worked fine. her daughter rode with her and the rest of us met them at the stop.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
ginnenern
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
if you let the cm's know they will have a golf cart pick her up at the ship entrance and drop her off at the tram stop.
we had to do this for an elderly person with us. it worked fine. her daughter rode with her and the rest of us met them at the stop.
Thanks. Is this something you do at guest services as soon as possible? Or can you just arrange it the night before or day of CC?

~me DH DD(9)

ginnenern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #4
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

my friend just told the cm's who were at the exit off the ship. they got it done. it didn't take long, theres always a golf cart running around. keep in mind thought, they will not take a large family so you may have to split up and meet up ahead.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #5
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Can't you borrow a wheel chair from Guest Services?

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #6
disdel
Ears? Anyone remember the GEnie boards?

It's not a terribly long walk, but just ask a CM as you disembark and they will summon a cart. Then, as you enter the beach areas, they do have available beach wheelchairs with oversized tires. Take advantage of one.
MAGIC Western Caribbean 10/06/07 WONDER 11/06/08MAGIC Transatlantic 4/10-24, 2010 WONDER in Alaska 6/28/11 DREAM 11/10/11 MAGIC in NYC 6/15/12 FANTASY New Year's Eve 12/28/13 DREAM 1/12/14 MAGIC WBTA 9/6/14 WONDER 10/01/14 - Completing 4 ships in 1 year

and waaaay too many visits to WDW to list (including midnight for the "millenium" - Y2K, bah), but never enough
disdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
You have to request a golf cart assist at security before you get off the ship so they can radio a driver.

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #8
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes99 View Post
You have to request a golf cart assist at security before you get off the ship so they can radio a driver.
i don't know if the cm was security or not but they just did it right where you scan your card to get off the ship. i didn't look that closely at the uniform so i don't know if he had a security tag on or not. either way, it was just as we were getting off the boat. didn't have to do anything else special.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: