Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
Nursedaddy
Earning My Ears

Vegetarian Restaurants

Heading to WDW at the end of August and I'm going through the planning phase now. Our ADR time is coming up and I'm looking at our dining options. My wife is a vegetarian while the rest of us (myself and kids 9,9 and 5) are not. Re there any restaurants that have particularly good vegetarian options? Most seem to have a pretty limited selection. Any help and advice is appreciated, thanks!
Nursedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
BusyMom2Three
Mouseketeer

Boma has the best and most extensive veg selections. Tusker House is known as "Boma lite". Also Jiko, Sanaa, Via Napoli, San Angel Inn, even Crystal Palace for TS. QS: Tangierine Cafe, Columbia Harbour House, Sunshine Seasons, Tortuga Tavern. Those are just a few. It's very easy to eat as a lacto-ovo vegetarian at Disney. You can check out the menus on AllEars.

1985 Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay)
Mar 2007 Pop Century
Mar 2009 Pop Century
Mar 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
Mar 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Feb-Mar 2013 Beach Club
Feb-Mar 2014 Pop Century
BusyMom2Three is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
everythingALICE
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

The majority of non-buffet restaurants will only have one vegetarian option on the menu. I would highly recommend that your wife check out the menus to see which options are most appealing to her, but to also keep in mind that menus can change, and the entree that sounds delicious now may no longer be on the menu in August.

If your family enjoys Mexican food, I would HIGHLY recommend La Hacienda de San Angel in Epcot. The food and service have been fantastic every time I've gone, and they have a separate vegetarian menu with a few different options (interesting desserts and delicious cocktails as well).

Some of my other favorites as a vegetarian have been: Crystal Palace, Akershus, Rose & Crown, Tusker House, the Wave, Ohana, and Sanaa. Boma was definitely up there on my list, but I have to say that I was less impressed with it on my last visit (although, I will say that they had an amazing vegetarian mushroom soup). I think if you're going to make the trip to AKL, Sanaa is a better option.

everythingALICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Teppan Epo has delightful vegi option and endeme too..

I go vegi there, and only partially vegi myself.

Also all buffets have a bunch of choices.

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: