Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
NH Disney Drmr
Earning My Ears

Parking at the resorts

Hey Guys...new here, but definitely not new to Disney World. It's my favorite vacation spot. Hope I am posting in the right place.

My daughter and I are going in October and want to explore some of the resorts we've never been to. What I would like to do is park at the Boardwalk Hotel, walk to Epcot for the day and then walk back late in the day to explore the Boardwalk. I am staying at the All-Stars, so I am a resort guest. So, would it be ok to park my car at the Boardwalk all day even though I am not going to be back to the Boardwalk until evening?

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know all you guys.
NH Disney Drmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Disney Drmr View Post
Hey Guys...new here, but definitely not new to Disney World. It's my favorite vacation spot. Hope I am posting in the right place.

My daughter and I are going in October and want to explore some of the resorts we've never been to. What I would like to do is park at the Boardwalk Hotel, walk to Epcot for the day and then walk back late in the day to explore the Boardwalk. I am staying at the All-Stars, so I am a resort guest. So, would it be ok to park my car at the Boardwalk all day even though I am not going to be back to the Boardwalk until evening?

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know all you guys.
In reality, probably. But you will get many contrary opinions. The only person's opinion who matters is the guard at the gate.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
In reality, probably. But you will get many contrary opinions. The only person's opinion who matters is the guard at the gate.
Wrong! It's about doing the courteous thing. The courteous thing is to give the same respect to the guests of the hotel you are visiting that you would expect at your home resort. That means not taking up a parking space longer than necessary. The lots are labelled not for theme park access. In other words, if you are going to Epcot then park in the Epcot lot. There is nothing worse than coming back to your home resort and finding no parking spot. You'd want to find one when you got back to your hotel wouldn't you Mesa. So don't block someone at a hotel you are visiting and do move your car regardless of what the guard says. It's just the right and courteous thing to do.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

I don't see it being an issue! We've stayed at boardwalk a few times And there always seems to be plenty of parking
Old 07-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydweller View Post
Wrong! It's about doing the courteous thing. The courteous thing is to give the same respect to the guests of the hotel you are visiting that you would expect at your home resort. That means not taking up a parking space longer than necessary. The lots are labelled not for theme park access. In other words, if you are going to Epcot then park in the Epcot lot. There is nothing worse than coming back to your home resort and finding no parking spot. You'd want to find one when you got back to your hotel wouldn't you Mesa. So don't block someone at a hotel you are visiting and do move your car regardless of what the guard says. It's just the right and courteous thing to do.
I totally agree and the rules say your not allowed to and Disney has been reported to be doing some towing (especially at the CR).

You are allowed to park at boardwalk and stay 3 hours for shopping and dining, even in Epcot, but your not allowed to spend the day.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

You are not supposed to use the lot for that. Give that is Food and Wine time, the resort is full and parking is at a premium, even for guests. We stayed last year and had to park way down.

The guards are going to be monitoring and I would guess will not allow you to park for the day. As mentioned, it might be wiser to park at Epcot in the morning and try for a spot at night when you want to go. Most likely, if there is room, it will be in the overflow lot which I believe is across the road.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
NH Disney Drmr
Earning My Ears

Thanks...don't mean to start an argument over parking. Sounds like I should park at Epcot and then drive over to Boardwalk for the evening's explorations. As long as I am able to drive and park there for awhile I am a happy girl. I really don't like the Disney buses (sorry) and have a rental car and want to know where to park to make everyone happy and still be able to see everything.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #8
NH Disney Drmr
Earning My Ears

I'm also trying to avoid the Wine & Food fest, so that is good to keep in mind. Maybe it will be a brief visit to the Boardwalk....but, still want to see it.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #9
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Thanks...don't mean to start an argument over parking. Sounds like I should park at Epcot and then drive over to Boardwalk for the evening's explorations. As long as I am able to drive and park there for awhile I am a happy girl. I really don't like the Disney buses (sorry) and have a rental car and want to know where to park to make everyone happy and still be able to see everything.
The die was cast as soon as you hit the "post" button. These arguments are never ending. I gave you the practical answer. The rest will argue on moral grounds.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerboy00 View Post
I don't see it being an issue! We've stayed at boardwalk a few times And there always seems to be plenty of parking
Seriously you must be seeing magical open parking spots. The #1 complaint of DVC members staying and owning at Boardwalk is not being able to find parking spots in the lot.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #11
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
Seriously you must be seeing magical open parking spots. The #1 complaint of DVC members staying and owning at Boardwalk is not being able to find parking spots in the lot.
OMG other 'Paying' Resort guests besides DVC members actually park in the parking lot

"Valet" read the word and live by it !

Before you respond... Am I a DVC member ??? hmmmm
Old 07-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #12
NH Disney Drmr
Earning My Ears

Ok, while we are still on the subject of parking...if Boardwalk is usually a hard place to park, is there another hotel near by that we could park at while we explore the Boardwalk that would be less of a hardship to guests? Looks like there are a few within walking distance. Walking isn't an issue to my daughter and I. Or, reversely, could we park at Epcot and take an hour out of our early evening and walk over to Boardwalk to look explore?
Old 07-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #13
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLepard View Post

OMG other 'Paying' Resort guests besides DVC members actually park in the parking lot

"Valet" read the word and live by it !

Before you respond... Am I a DVC member ??? hmmmm
I don't even understand your comments. I didn't say anything about begrudging spots used by non DVC members staying there (I don't own there or even stay there except once without a car). It's not a personal issue for me. I'm just saying its a frequent complaint.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
Old 07-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #14
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
I totally agree and the rules say your not allowed to and Disney has been reported to be doing some towing (especially at the CR).

You are allowed to park at boardwalk and stay 3 hours for shopping and dining, even in Epcot, but your not allowed to spend the day.

AKK
I agree with the posts above. The OP may not be aware that parking for some hotels can be limited and by taking a space it would be making things more difficult for those staying at the hotel.

If I remember correctly, we visited DTD last year and there is plenty of parking in the lots for DTD. You can walk to the BW from there and then to Epcot, or take the bus.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #15
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, while we are still on the subject of parking...if Boardwalk is usually a hard place to park, is there another hotel near by that we could park at while we explore the Boardwalk that would be less of a hardship to guests? Looks like there are a few within walking distance. Walking isn't an issue to my daughter and I. Or, reversely, could we park at Epcot and take an hour out of our early evening and walk over to Boardwalk to look explore?
There is a parking lot across the street* but you may find it filled during Food and Wine time. That is one particular time that the Epcot resorts really crack down on parking. As the PP mentioned, you can valet park at any of the Epcot resorts without an issue, and I believe that is true during Food and Wine too.

*usually referred to as the overflow lot, but it's also a cast member parking lot.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: