Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Jonell
DIS Veteran

Rude CM

My husband forgot his GAC at the resort this morning. When we arrived at AK and realized this we went to GR to ask for a replacement card for just today. I explained the situation to the CM and he was very rude and insisted that they did not give out a GAC with the stamp my husband has at AK. We knew this was incorrect because for the past 5 years he has the same stamp and we sometimes get the card from AK. After see how packed the park was today we went back to GR and requested the card a second time with the same stamp and it was given to us without a problem by a different CM. I know my DH was wrong in forgetting his card but I just don't understand why some CM's can be so rude and deny you and others are are very helpful. Why would he lie to us about the stamps?!?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

It's possible that he was misinformed himself and believed he was telling the truth.

Doesn't really make the end result any better, though.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
jmartinez1895
DIS Veteran

First off I don't think your husband was ' wrong" for forgetting his card, mistakes happen and I bet that it is something that happens a lot. As pp said, the CM may have not really knew what he was talking about, but I hope that you told his manager so that he can be trained and if he was rude then that is another issue all in itself that should be addressed. I am glad that it worked out in the end.
POR 2011
POR 2013
jmartinez1895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

I don't think you should assume this CM was lying. Possibly he was not familiar with the rules.

It's a waste of time to dwell on such an insignificant thing, especially when you're on vacation!
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #5
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

I don't understand why the CM thinks that different parks have different stamps? Since the GAC is good for every park not specified to individual parks he can't be trained up very well in the GACs,
Did you leave GR the 1st time with out a GAC or at least a GAC with the accomadtion stamp you needed?

I would have asked to speak with a manager straight away after getting the answer from the CM that you knew was wrong, at least this way the CM would have been informed that he was infact wrong and could then be shown & explained the correct procedure for the GAC.

We have forgotten our GAC on a few occasions our son likes to hold his own a few times leaves it behind on the bed, once my DH had to go in and explain that he jumped into the pool straight from the park without emptying his pockets and so handed over the unreadable GAC lol.
We have never had a problem with the CM then denying us a new GAC and they always re-issue it for the entire length of stay

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #6
Jonell
DIS Veteran

We left the first time with no GAC. When we tried explaining the reason for the GAC to the CM he kept repeating that "our park is handicap accessible and the lines are mainstreamed". We understood but my DH is not in a wheelchair or scooter and immobility was not the reason for the card. It was like he had that one line memorized and he was not listening to anything we had to say. Lesson learned- don't forget your GAC, because we wasted 50 mins of our park time dealing with this!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
bidnow5
DIS Veteran

I had a problem a couple of times I ask for a supervisor one time the supervisor was no better so I asked for the area supervisor that one can take 20 minutes to get but she did solve my problem. I think there are so many variations of disabilities and rules that can't possibly cover every issue it just gets hard for them to put a GAC and an issue together sometimes

bidnow5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: