Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #31
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Winner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
First year in college...blind date from a dorm-mate.

Background, I am asian, very petite, and a shade under 5ft.

I meet up with my blind date he takes me to my first kegger and we both get a bit drunk but we are having great time. There was a live band, games, food....a perfect college party and we were all over each other. We get seperated for a little while and I eventually I start looking for him. Finally I call him and say where he is....He replied "About halfway home from your dorm"....and something about how cute I was, great first date, and a really good kisser.

Turns out he mistakenly walked ANOTHER asain girl home and didn't realize it...and made out with her! She didn't even look like me other than she is asian. She was about a foot taller, wore glasses, and had accent!

I don't really have a terrible one. One bad one, in college, I was "seeing someone" for 3 years on and off. During a fresh off, he went home for a weekend. His best friend asked me out to dinner. I went thinking it was friends, but nope he took me to a really nice restaurant, brought me back to a party and then made the move. Um no thanks. I was so pissed at him. He ruined our friendship.

He told me he had enough friends he wanted more.

And we denied denied denied when I got back with the sometimes on boy. Years later he asked me if anything had ever gone on between his best and me. I said ask him.

But I've told my friends worst date story on here before. She was on a terrible date. She thought she was going to get stuck paying, he was acting nuts. Well surprise he was nuts! The paramedics came and took him away from the table in a straight jacket! and yes she had to pay!
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #32
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

I was 18 at the time and MySpace was really big. I met this guy from there who was a few years older and we started with talking on the phone for awhile. He seemed pretty normal, as far as you can tell on the phone anyway. We decide to meet up for coffee at my local Starbucks.

He shows up wearing a dirty tee shirt with holes in it, with an 80s style sweater vest on top. He looks nothing like his photo and foams a little in the sides of his mouth when he talks. And when he starts talking.. It just gets worse. He proceeds to tell me every horrible thing that's ever happened to him in his life. His mother committed suicide, he was hit by a bus, bit by a snack, stabbed and shot. And he still had the bullet in his chest, do I want to feel it? Are you really sure you don't want to feel it?! I made some lame excuse to get out of there and when we were saying goodbye I thought he was attempting to give me a kiss on the cheek and I wasn't sure how to rebuff it so I leaned in for it but he got me right on the lips. Ugh.

We never spoke again.
IheartMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #33
Scornelius
Suburban Princess
My last doctor didn't even make eye contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurafergie View Post
Prefacing this whole story with the hope I don't offend anyone.

I met this guy through a friend of a friend, and for our first date he asks if I want to go to a concert. Sure! Love concerts! So we go to this old school building. And went inside to the auditorium and then wait for the concert. It ended up being a Born Again Christian concert. People were swaying with their hands up, screaming Thank You Jesus,....including my date. I was freaked out.
OMG!!!! I have almost the exact same story!! It was a boy in highschool that I'd lusted after for months, and our first date ended up being a concert at this mega-church that I hadn't even known existed. People we wailing and thrashing and speaking in tongues. At one point my date collapsed and rolled from side to side. I was so naive, I had no idea that people celebrated their faith in that particul manner. It's hilarious now, but at the time I was absolutely terrified.

On the plus side, I ended up meeting a friend of his there and dating him for the next two years. His was my first real love and the best boyfriend a girl could have asked for, so I regret nothing.
Scornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:41 AM   #34
intheworks
Mouseketeer

Not me but oldest DS went to a Valentines party with a girl at a church once.Apparently it was to celebrate abstinence;they wanted him to sign a little contract and everything.He was nit impressed
intheworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #35
mombrontrent
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheworks View Post
Not me but oldest DS went to a Valentines party with a girl at a church once.Apparently it was to celebrate abstinence;they wanted him to sign a little contract and everything.He was nit impressed
Ok now that is funny. I would have laughed so hard at my own son if that happened to him
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #36
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Year: 1985 I think. I was 23. 3rd date. 1st was to a movie. Normal movie date. Kiss goodnight but no tonsil surgery. 2nd date was to dinner. Normal dinner date. Kiss goodnight. Very respectful.

3rd date was to a Superbowl party in a town about an hour away where he proceeded to do lines of coke (not my thing) and get wasted. I had seen no indication of this in the previous 2 dates. I ended up leaving and calling a cab to take me home which ended up being a $60 cab ride...a lot of money in 1985....and the cabbie gave me a break because he was father-age guy and when I told him why I needed to take an hour-long cab ride, he told me I did the right thing and took pity on me. He and my father bonded while my father was paying the fare. I tried to call my parents prior tocalling the cab, but they weren't home and this was in the days LONG before cell phones.

He called the next day wondering why I had left. I told him it was because I didn't feel comfortable with the fact that he was going to be driving me home after having done umpteen lines of coke. (He had a standard shift car which I didn't know how to drive so I couldn't have driven him home). He then asked for another date and was quite shocked when I told him no. Proceeded to imply that since I lived in the city and he lived in a "well-to-do" suburb that I was lucky he was dating me, and that he really thought I was "The One". You thought I was "The One" after 3 dates?????????? Oh no darling...I don't think so.....

I thanked him for "slumming" with the city rat and wished him a nice life.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #37
intheworks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombrontrent View Post
Ok now that is funny. I would have laughed so hard at my own son if that happened to him
Yeah we quite enjoyed it. And no, he didn't sign the contract
intheworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #38
violetrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
Winner!
But I've told my friends worst date story on here before. She was on a terrible date. She thought she was going to get stuck paying, he was acting nuts. Well surprise he was nuts! The paramedics came and took him away from the table in a straight jacket! and yes she had to pay!
Yeah I think your friend is the winner of this contest so far!

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #39
violetrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheworks View Post
Oh wait this one might be the winner. Hard to choose.

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #40
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scornelius View Post
OMG!!!! I have almost the exact same story!! It was a boy in highschool that I'd lusted after for months, and our first date ended up being a concert at this mega-church that I hadn't even known existed. People we wailing and thrashing and speaking in tongues. At one point my date collapsed and rolled from side to side. I was so naive, I had no idea that people celebrated their faith in that particul manner. It's hilarious now, but at the time I was absolutely terrified.

On the plus side, I ended up meeting a friend of his there and dating him for the next two years. His was my first real love and the best boyfriend a girl could have asked for, so I regret nothing.

Makes me wonder if this has ever gone worse, to a Church where they handled rattle snakes, with the "aren't you going to handle the rattlesnake too?"

(Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #41
ZephyrHawk
I can nicker too, but I'm not nearly as embarrassed about that
Please don't ski with your kid on a leash
I firmly believe in ghostly figments of my imagination

I didn't date much and don't have anything like these stories, but there was the one school dance when I was in high shcool. It was a charity auction where you could bid on a person to be your date. Both me and my best friend participated. I bid on a guy I was really sweet on. He was a senior, not particularly attractive, but cerebral. Just the kind of guy I liked. And we were friends because we were both in drama club. The problem was, he liked my best friend (who was a junior). He thought she had been the one who bid on him (it was a secret ballot type thing). When he found out that I, a lowly freshman, had won him and she had gotten her crush (the school's basketball star), he was...disappointed. Then, of course, we ended up making it a double date, which resulted in him trying to monopolize my best friend for most of the evening and basically ignoring me.

Not so bad, and we were still friends after all was said and done. Years later he ended up working in the same office as my DH (then fiance). My DH asked him if he remembered me. The guy said yeah, I had been a nice girl, but way too young for him. Then he asked how my DH knew me. When my DH told him, he said, shocked, "That's your fiance?!?!" Yes, my old friend, even freshmen dorks can grow up into attractive professional young women.

Polynesian Village (1983), Polynesian Village (1986), Grand Floridian (1989), All Star Sports (1997), Disneyland (1998), All Star Movies (2000), Port Orleans - French Quarter (2001), All Star Music (2002), Disneyland (2004), Wilderness Lodge (2007), Pop Century (2010), Saratoga Springs (2013), and Disney Land and Sea Extravaganza - Fantasy/Villas at Wilderness Lodge (coming Dec 2015)
ZephyrHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #42
zoo2tycoon
DIS Veteran

Not me but my sis....

Got a call from a guy in her college class. Thought it was this nice looking guy. He gets to our house and it is not who she thought it was. Think Revenge of the Nerd type nerd. It was cold out and he had on Elmer Fudd hat (this was in 80's before people thought they were cool) and pants tucked into boots. It was a very short date for her...went to dinner and then she had him bring her home. I had a good laugh because it wasn't me on it!

He was a nice guy but not her type....
zoo2tycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #43
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

I have a first date tonight. I hope I don't have a story to contribute later.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #44
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimblebee View Post
ooh a Valentine's first date! Good luck and have fun!
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #45
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartMickey View Post
I was 18 at the time and MySpace was really big. I met this guy from there who was a few years older and we started with talking on the phone for awhile. He seemed pretty normal, as far as you can tell on the phone anyway. We decide to meet up for coffee at my local Starbucks.

He shows up wearing a dirty tee shirt with holes in it, with an 80s style sweater vest on top. He looks nothing like his photo and foams a little in the sides of his mouth when he talks. And when he starts talking.. It just gets worse. He proceeds to tell me every horrible thing that's ever happened to him in his life. His mother committed suicide, he was hit by a bus, bit by a snack, stabbed and shot. And he still had the bullet in his chest, do I want to feel it? Are you really sure you don't want to feel it?! I made some lame excuse to get out of there and when we were saying goodbye I thought he was attempting to give me a kiss on the cheek and I wasn't sure how to rebuff it so I leaned in for it but he got me right on the lips. Ugh.

We never spoke again.
You mean bit by a snake right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimblebee View Post
Best of luck!! I expect a post if you have a story. LOL

The one that comes to mind for me, I was a Sophomore in High School, this guy who was a Junior (and really cute) asked me out, I said yes. He comes and picks me up and his best friend and his date are in the car, no big deal. We drive up into the mountains and find a place to park, well my date and the best friends date start drinking, I had some of a wine cooler but not much, turned out my date heard a rumor that I'd "put out" so he thought he'd get me drunk and take advantage, well the rumor was wrong so he got mad, took his joint, the alcohol and his best friends date and went "for a walk", where he got what he wanted. His best friend and I spent the hour or whatever talking and became good friends, when my "date" came back and we left I rode in the back seat with my new friend, to make the other mad he and I had agreed to cuddle all the way back, so we did. And yes, they got mad. Which we didn't really understand because we were the ones who got shafted. But I came out of it with a good life lesson and a good friend as well so the 2 of us felt it worked out better. LOL And yes, the friend I made ended up ditching the guy who was supposed to be his best friend and no, he didn't date that girl ever again either. LOL

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: