Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
Genie-In-Training
Earning My Ears

When to buy Rainforest Room day passes?

Hi everyone! Last time we did the RF room, I bought our day passes before we left for the cruise. This time I would like to see the prices for a 7 day pass at their open house. Can I buy single day passes onboard(if I don't go with the 7 day)? Thanks a lot!
Genie-In-Training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

In Dec on the fantasy they said NO single day passes would be sold onboard 9we tried twice). Said ppl were complaining when they didn't recognize day-passers? ugh! Typical DCL-busybody
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Genie-In-Training
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the heads-up! I guess I'll have to decide and buy(day passes) before we go.
Genie-In-Training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
TifffanyD
I need to reload

No problem! I've been to the rainforest room on the fantasy but not the classics. It's totally worth the $16ish! And you can go in/out for the day. There are like 3 sections. The saunas and themed showers (LOVE the showers!!!!!!!!!), the tiled loungers, and then the hot tubs overlooking the water. Bliss!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
maps81
Earning My Ears

Where do you (pre-cruise) purchase the day passes for the Rainforest Room?

On line? If so- where do I find it? Thanks!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

2012 prices on a 7 night were $99 for the length of cruise pass, $149 for couple's 7 night. This was the "regular" rainforest, not the "enhanced" that included the scrubs. They also sold a 3 day pass for $45 on our Fantasy cruise.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #7
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
2012 prices on a 7 night were $99 for the length of cruise pass, $149 for couple's 7 night. This was the "regular" rainforest, not the "enhanced" that included the scrubs. They also sold a 3 day pass for $45 on our Fantasy cruise.
When was this? In June they sold me a day pass but in Dec they said NO. Policy seems to be changing a lot around these...
Old 02-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
FabFivePA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maps81 View Post
Where do you (pre-cruise) purchase the day passes for the Rainforest Room?

On line? If so- where do I find it? Thanks!
I called the number on this form:
http://dcl1.wdpromedia.com/media/dcl...sOrderForm.pdf
FabFivePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #9
dawn117
Earning My Ears

When you buy a Rainforest Room day pass before you board, can you use it on whichever day you want? So I don't have to decide which day(s) I'm going to go before I start the cruise?
dawn117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #10
neg58
DIS Veteran

On the Wonder at Christmas (7 days) it was $149/wk with the scrubs, but no other options offered. I think they did begin selling day passes too but claimed they 'might not'.

If you want to pre-order a day pass, you do it on line in the section where you order chocolates, flowers, plush toys for your room on arrival.

What is stupid about the argument that people complained about not recognizing 'day pass' people is that as long as they keep selling them in advance, there will be day pass people and they won't be recognized by those who have been there all week if they don't use their pass until the last day. The spa also would have no control over the number of people in the spa if 45 people bought them on line and all decided to use them on the last day.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #11
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

What did they mean they weren't "recognised"?? As in, a personal greeting when they walked in to the spa???

We did the 1-day pass on the Magic last year and LOVED it, and we'll definitely be pre-purchasing the 1-day pass for the Fantasy next year.

If I recall correcty, when we toured the spa on the first day, the attendant told us that we could convert our 1-day pass into a length of cruise pass if we wanted to; they'd apply the cost and charge us the difference.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #12
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
What did they mean they weren't "recognised"?? As in, a personal greeting when they walked in to the spa???

We did the 1-day pass on the Magic last year and LOVED it, and we'll definitely be pre-purchasing the 1-day pass for the Fantasy next year.

If I recall correcty, when we toured the spa on the first day, the attendant told us that we could convert our 1-day pass into a length of cruise pass if we wanted to; they'd apply the cost and charge us the difference.
Uhhh, no.

Like busybody DCL spa guests would be all "HEY who is that person in here? I don't recognize them from this week!" and complain.

That's what they told me... not saying it's the real reason. I doubt it is.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #13
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
Uhhh, no.

Like busybody DCL spa guests would be all "HEY who is that person in here? I don't recognize them from this week!" and complain.

That's what they told me... not saying it's the real reason. I doubt it is.
Oh, I see! Thanks for explaining.

Good grief, now we have "The Rainforest Police" eh? lol

John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #14
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
Oh, I see! Thanks for explaining.

Good grief, now we have "The Rainforest Police" eh? lol
EXACTLY... wth?!

Reminds me of one time when we were on the elevator and my husband or I was wearing a shirt from Nassau and a gold CC lanyard. This rude guest poked him in the back and declared that we shouldn't be allowed to earn gold on 3 nights. I just blinked at her because all of the replies that shot into my head would've started a fight. Funny thing is, the Nassau shirt was from a 7-night cruise on NCL. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, PEOPLE!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #15
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
EXACTLY... wth?!

Reminds me of one time when we were on the elevator and my husband or I was wearing a shirt from Nassau and a gold CC lanyard. This rude guest poked him in the back and declared that we shouldn't be allowed to earn gold on 3 nights. I just blinked at her because all of the replies that shot into my head would've started a fight. Funny thing is, the Nassau shirt was from a 7-night cruise on NCL. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, PEOPLE!
And like complaining to the guy in the elevator is going to change Disney policy?

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: