Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
mishlove68
Mouseketeer

Anyone stay at the Liki Tiki

Groupon is having a deal on the Liki Tiki Village resort, has anyone stayed here? How was your time there, was the resort clean and the rooms? Thank you
mishlove68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #2
MidgeD79
DIS Veteran

Bookit is also having a great deal, but I'd like to hear from someone who stayed there also.
MidgeD79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
swilshire
DIS Veteran

We stayed there a few years ago because it was all we could get at Christmastime. We had some real cleanliness issues. The room was nasty, particularly the bathroom.

I wouldn't go back. Others have posted positive reviews, however, so maybe we just had back luck.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

I stayed this past year and wouldn't go back or recommend. Definitely cleaner and newer timeshares for the money! Property is nice, but too bad you have to stay there to use it. They need to update the place.

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:02 AM   #5
VictoriaM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishlove68
Groupon is having a deal on the Liki Tiki Village resort, has anyone stayed here? How was your time there, was the resort clean and the rooms? Thank you
We are there right now, we are in the 1300 bldg, can't complain at all. We love it.
VictoriaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaM

We are there right now, we are in the 1300 bldg, can't complain at all. We love it.
Have you stayed in any other timeshares?

Old 02-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
I stayed this past year and wouldn't go back or recommend. Definitely cleaner and newer timeshares for the money! Property is nice, but too bad you have to stay there to use it. They need to update the place.
Nice to know that some things never change! I went there 7 years ago and swore I would never go back. I wrote to the managment about how disgusting the room was and got a nasty letter back. There are plenty of timeshares in Orlando and honestly, the fact that not just me but others have had the same experience tells me they just do not care.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
swilshire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
Nice to know that some things never change! I went there 7 years ago and swore I would never go back. I wrote to the managment about how disgusting the room was and got a nasty letter back. There are plenty of timeshares in Orlando and honestly, the fact that not just me but others have had the same experience tells me they just do not care.
I agree. Every property can have a bad day and we aren't real cranky. If we see something minor, we just take care of it and move on. Our bathroom at Liki Tiki was just gross, however. Even when we called to complain, the reclean was not satisfactory.

We were told at check-in that we were in one of the best buildings, but I was not impressed. We have been visiting timeshares multiple weeks a year since the mid-90s. There are many, many nice properties in the Orlando area. You can do better.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilshire

I agree. Every property can have a bad day and we aren't real cranky. If we see something minor, we just take care of it and move on. Our bathroom at Liki Tiki was just gross, however. Even when we called to complain, the reclean was not satisfactory.

We were told at check-in that we were in one of the best buildings, but I was not impressed. We have been visiting timeshares multiple weeks a year since the mid-90s. There are many, many nice properties in the Orlando area. You can do better.

Sheila
I was also told that and feel exactly the same. My kids socks were black within the first hour we were there! My child was a crawler at the time too!!! Ick!

Old 02-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #10
RnbwSktles
DIS Veteran

My family stayed here a few years ago and I remember having an ant problem in the room. I honestly can't say if my parents ever complained about this or if we just dealt with it.

The pool was a lot of fun and we enjoyed watching the turtles in the lake, but I don't think this resort was any better/worse than others in the area we have stayed at.

On a side note since we're on the subject....

We stayed at a Marriot owned timeshare in the Orlando area once. I had my own room with a full sized bed and the entire week I kept thinking my room smelled funny. I couldn't figure out what it was! On the last night I did a little more investigating and discovered a dried urine spot underneath my pillow! I had slept on that all week!!!

I pulled all of the blankets off the bed to check for more and discovered a child's sock. It was clear the linens were never changed in the room.

When we checked out, my parents tried to point this out in the nicest way possible, but the manager at the desk kept saying "It's ok, don't worry about it." He thought we were the ones that made the mess! We ended up leaving without so much as an apology.