Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #121
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I just thought I should let you know I'm going to bed now, and in less than 12 hours time I should be on a jet plane bound for the colonies and the shores of the Sassagoula River! Westward Ho!

Now, have I remembered to pack everything...?

Andre
Have a great trip, Andre. Stop by if you get a chance, but I may be at my other job as I split my time these days.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #122
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
I just thought I should let you know I'm going to bed now, and in less than 12 hours time I should be on a jet plane bound for the colonies and the shores of the Sassagoula River! Westward Ho!

Andre
Safe travels and have a fabulous time!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #123
Sherrkel
Disney World Dreamer . . . Wish I Could Be At My Home Away From Home . . .

Quote:

Andre
Hope you have a great time! We'll be arriving Thursday morning for 10 days, can't wait!! Thanks again to you, and to Venom, for all the great planning info you provide.

POR Grand Gathering Feb. 2013 **CSR Grand Gathering 2011, 2009 & 2007 ** CBR 1995 **Disneymoon 1989

Old 02-16-2013, 06:57 AM   #124
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Have an amazing time, Andre, and take lots of pictures!! (Not like you haven't already )

Venom: I just noticed that you are originally from Newport News. My husband has family there!

Corner Room Question:
We are currently booked in a royal room, garden view. I'm trying to determine whether or not it's worth it to add "corner room" to our request. I've requested to be on the river side of the building, so assuming that's honored...

In Oak Manor it looks like the garden rooms that would be a corner would be the ones ending in 66, 63, 47, 50, 35, 31, 30, 83, 410? It seems like these would all have windows facing walls of other parts of the building except for maybe 410? In Parterre it's similar. I guess what I'm really wondering is, are there garden corner rooms that actually have 2 windows that don't look straight at a wall/door/roof to another room? I hope I'm explaining this right!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 02-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #125
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Have an amazing time, Andre, and take lots of pictures!! (Not like you haven't already )

Venom: I just noticed that you are originally from Newport News. My husband has family there!

Corner Room Question:
We are currently booked in a royal room, garden view. I'm trying to determine whether or not it's worth it to add "corner room" to our request. I've requested to be on the river side of the building, so assuming that's honored...

In Oak Manor it looks like the garden rooms that would be a corner would be the ones ending in 66, 63, 47, 50, 35, 31, 30, 83, 410? It seems like these would all have windows facing walls of other parts of the building except for maybe 410? In Parterre it's similar. I guess what I'm really wondering is, are there garden corner rooms that actually have 2 windows that don't look straight at a wall/door/roof to another room? I hope I'm explaining this right!
Yeah we have family also up by Fort Eustis area of NN. Yeah some do have views of the building and that would be the gamble when requesting that But majority of the garden rooms in the courtyard area have far better views than the corner rooms in GV category.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #126
janine83
Earning My Ears

I will be DISNEYMOONING at POR Royal room Oct 26-Nov 3 and really want to be in building 90 by request. I want this trip to be extremely special and magical. I am hoping I get my requests
Old 02-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #127
OttawaON
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomama View Post
looking for some advice - we are staying in a RR in May. We really can't afford to upgrade any more than a standard. My mom is coming with us and has arthritis in her legs, we originally going to do a preferred room to make things easier for her but she insisted we get the RR for the kids. What should we request in order to get as close as possible to main building? TIA!
The Royal Rooms are located in 1/2 of Mansion buildings and they are not far from the food court or the bus stop. You can send in a fax 3-5 days before your trip and hope to receive a room close to either bus stop/food court. Also you may want to include a request for first floor.

Check out portorleans.org for an idea of the distance from the mansion buildings to the main building. It isn't as far as Alligator Bayour rooms.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #128
OttawaON
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertbloom View Post
If you are only going to be in your room to sleep then I wouldn't bother getting a garden view. You could spend that money on snacks each day at the parks instead. You're not going to look out your window very much when it's dark out or you're sleeping....
We just came back from a trip February 2013 and had a garden view room. However, we were in the parks and at other resorts until dark and only returned to our room for sleeping purposes and the more scenic location was not worth it to us. In addition, it may be better to get a room closer to a bus stop than scenery if you are traversing late at late in Alligator Bayou.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #129
aylarosie
Mouseketeer

Need advice on garden view room in 27 days

Hi ,just signed up for this thread .Tried to read other threads for answer to my question,but couldn't find best answer.We are two adults in our late 50's.I actually will turn 59 while there. We are leaving in 27 days ,I actually booked last week on a whim.I know but there was a snowstorm and I have the week off for a Florida trip. My husband needs a scooter to walk far distances(diabetic with nearopathy in his feet).We did visit in 2010 and stayed at Polynesion,, this time I wanted to spend a little less.I chose the POR because we wanted to enjoy the resort more. We bought the 4 day tickets and dining plan. I chose the garden view room . My question is which garden view room nearest the food court and accessible for the scooter (Ireserved from outside company,so he could use it when neccessary at resort) in the room. We will use busses and also some taxi's .Will the scooter break down to go in taxi's? Thank you so much for any help you can give .
Old 02-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #130
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

100 days......(need a post to sub)
Old 02-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #131
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by visitingapril09 View Post
100 days......(need a post to sub)
Actually, you didn't. At the top of every page of every thread is a link labeled "Thread Tools." Click on it and it will bring up a drop down menu where one of the options is "Subscribe to this Thread." Moot point now, but now you know for future reference.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #132
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicaca View Post
We arrive on May 28th. We have a friend who leaves on the 17th, and wants to leave her stroller for us - is that too long to leave something at bell services? Would they even hold it that long? Thanks!
Anyone know? I think my question got buried quickly once Andre got on! Hope you arrived safely, and have a great trip!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #133
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yeah we have family also up by Fort Eustis area of NN. Yeah some do have views of the building and that would be the gamble when requesting that But majority of the garden rooms in the courtyard area have far better views than the corner rooms in GV category.
Thanks I won't "waste" a request on a corner room then. I, honestly, don't really care that much where our room is. Thinking about it just gives me something to "do" for the next 111 days
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 02-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #134
amytech
Mouseketeer

How to do extra requests?

We are staying at the POFQ in May for our 26th wedding anniversary. Our son is currently in the CP and booked the room for us with his discount. He was able to book us a King bed room which is automatically a garden view or water view I believe. There was no place to make additional requests or mention that we are celebrating our anniversary. Does anyone know how we do that?

I have the confirmation # and I have booked dining reservations already and the system knows we have the room booked. I would LOVE a corner room since we will be in the room a lot with me studying and dh working a bit. We will only be going to a park one day and the rest of the time relaxing, studying and enjoying the resort.

Any help would be appreciated! We are so excited to be getting away and excited to see our son at the same time
'05 All Star Music,
'07-'12 offsite trips,
May '13-POFQ, Aug. '13 BC
May '14- BC
Old 02-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #135
jeeperwy
Mouseketeer

I have a "river view" booked for Mar 2-9. I am traveling with my DS10 and DS16. I would like to be close to transportation and food (like everyone else!). It doesn't really matter to me which section we are in. Could you tell me which buildings would be the best to request? I looked at the map, but I wasn't sure which buildings would be river view but not preferred, since that wasn't available when I booked.

Thanks!
Kari
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: