Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #1306
njsmama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Just keep trying, the Disney websites can be a little bit flaky at times. (Mostly on days when there's a "y" in the name of the day). Otherwise, just do it the old-fashioned way at the Front Desk when you arrive.

Andre

Isn't that the truth! I agree, keep on trying or just wait until you arrive
Old 03-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #1307
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcleveland65 View Post
My family will be staying at POR June 17th-21st and will be flying in to MCO. So my question is, our flight lands at 11:30am and I don't know what to do about lunch. We will have DD7 and DS4, who will have been up since about 5am to make our flight. Can we eat in the airport? Will we miss our ME ride to the resort? I'm not sure my little monsters will be able to wait to eat without a melt down.

The DME Bus for the trip TO your resort is not a scheduled bus. You can catch any bus that's leaving. If you take too long, your luggage may get there before you do tho

However, the DME bus FROM the resort to the airport is scheduled (3 hours before your flight) and if you miss it, you are stuck getting to the airport on your own.
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #1308
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
Wait so Venomhatch you suggest we fax our request 7-10 days out? I thought they were saying to fax it 3-5 days out?
Yeah I spoke with the Room Assignment Manager face to face a few times before the move from POR to SSR and he told me 7-10 days is fine.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #1309
TourPixie
Earning My Ears

Packing the car we leave in 3 hours woohoo, See you Saturday POR
Old 03-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #1310
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouskemom
I was looking at room diagrams for the alligator bayou and it seems there is really no place to keep your clothes. Is there really no dresser? Just the e little drawers under the Murphy bed?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Just a little tip that came in handy for me....

I brought a hanging sweater organizer and hung it on the "closet rod" in the sink area. I put all the folded clothes in that and used the small drawers for socks, undies, bathing suit etc. This worked great and they fold flat in the bottom of your luggage.

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 03-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #1311
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post

I brought a hanging sweater organizer and hung it on the "closet rod" in the sink area. I put all the folded clothes in that and used the small drawers for socks, undies, bathing suit etc. This worked great and they fold flat in the bottom of your luggage.
I need to remember to get one of these. It will also come in very handy for our cruise next year, I think.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 03-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #1312
kandim
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenney Klan View Post
Any suggestions of what rooms are better? Better view, better room? We are staying this May 2013 at Port Orleans for 4 days, just not sure what room to book. Any advice you an give me on the Port Orleans would be greatly appreciated.
Last month we were in room 1403 (garden view) which I thought was a great location. It was a short walk to the FC and parking lot. We had a car so being near the parking lot was a plus.

I've seen other posts about the a/c & ceiling fan. We used both to balance my liking it colder & my daughter wanting it warmer, and the temp in the room was fine day & night.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #1313
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131

Ooh...good idea!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #1314
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

eating at the airport

The Orlando airport has a great food court. We always eat there before our flight home. And as PP said, you won't miss your bus.
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 03-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #1315
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisny View Post
The Orlando airport has a great food court. We always eat there before our flight home. And as PP said, you won't miss your bus.
Yeah no matter who you fly home on there is always some good choices. Even if a hotel bell CM has to borrow a car from the motorpool you'll get back to you hotel in time as long as you don't put yourself down to 30 minutes before you leave. I had to take someone from poly to POR about a week before my vacation because they had to be there in an hour and wait times for any transportation then wait for another to bring you back from say DTD or something. Your be over an hour depending on any stops there are between.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #1316
punky1973
Earning My Ears

We are two couples staying at POR April 27 - May 3. We reserved preferred rooms at our travel agents suggestion. She also put upper floor and close together. We had originally booked garden view so we wouldn't be looking at a parking lot. When we fax our requests would it be better to do one fax for two couples? Can we add non parking lot view now? This is our very first visit to Disney....we are 50.....so this is a dream come true for us! I am getting so excited!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #1317
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky1973 View Post
We are two couples staying at POR April 27 - May 3. We reserved preferred rooms at our travel agents suggestion. She also put upper floor and close together. We had originally booked garden view so we wouldn't be looking at a parking lot. When we fax our requests would it be better to do one fax for two couples? Can we add non parking lot view now? This is our very first visit to Disney....we are 50.....so this is a dream come true for us! I am getting so excited!
I am sure you will have a wonderful time. Yes it is nice to get your request but an room in Disney is better than no room at Disney so not fret too much and just take in the magic!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #1318
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I need to remember to get one of these. It will also come in very handy for our cruise next year, I think.
I plan to get one of these for this trip also. I am also going to get a pop up hamper for dirty clothes. I think it will fit nicely in the sink area, maybe under the wall safe. I plan to do laundry at least once.
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 03-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #1319
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I plan to get one of these for this trip also. I am also going to get a pop up hamper for dirty clothes. I think it will fit nicely in the sink area, maybe under the wall safe. I plan to do laundry at least once.
We bring pop up hampers all the time and love them. They fold up and pack nice and they are great to take to the laundry if you have to do it while staying at the resorts. I may look into the hanging device the other poster spoke about, that might be nice to have since we are hoping to get a King in AB (already paid for King room).
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
Old 03-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #1320
tcleveland65
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the advice, good to know I can feed the kids without the worry of missing a bus.

Can't wait for our trip, my DH says I'm obsessed with planning our first trip to Disney.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: