Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #1276
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916chipndale View Post
Thanks for the quick response. I'm just thinking that when we go in the summer we will always get on at the South Depot, but get off at whichever is closest.
Just when you get there and kinda have to make sure your keeping an eye out for the bus you want because if everyone waiting is going to the same place they kinda jump up and swarm the bus area.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #1277
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4butlers View Post
Just for reference and for anyone interested, this was our view from our room. We had room #8781 in Magnolia
We walked up that pathway several times a day during Presidents Week to get from our Royal River View room to the parking lot or the East Depot bus stop.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #1278
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypenguin29 View Post
Can I ship a case of water to the resort from Walmart, Costco, or staples? How long does it take?
Yes you can, I can't say how long it takes though. The resort will hold your items for you until you arrive, but please make sure the package is marked accordingly if it needs to be kept refrigerated. See www.portorleans.org/services.php#Mail for shipping details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Disnewby View Post
I'm curious about POR...I really like the look & rooms in Magnolia Bend but really do NOT like the theme of Alligator Bayou. Aside from booking a Royal Room (I have 2 young boys who would not be fans of that lol) is there a way to ensure I end up in MB?? By booking certain views??
Sadly no, apart from booking a Royal Room there's no way to guarantee you'll get the mansion buildings section. No particular room category gives you a much better chance than any other, it's all down to requests and keeping your fingers crossed I'm afraid. See www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for suggestions on how to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
Me again.....I was able to book a preferred room for Sat 4/27...our package starts on Sun in a preferred room which means we have 2 reservations (a room only for Sat and then package starting Sunday). So what does this mean? I assume I'd get the same room since I was able to book and pay for the same category for both the one night room only and 6 night package reservations. Do I check out on Sunday morning, check back in and get my tickets?
Just make sure that your reservations are listed as continuing, and let the resort know you'd like to stay in the same room if possible. They usually can arrange this. Technically you'll need to check out and back in, but usually it's just a formality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrkel View Post
We returned last month from POR with extended family and had 10 different Royal rooms, river view, in the northern wing of Parterre - right next to the pool between Parterre and Oak.
That's a perfect location, those River View rooms are about the closest to the main buildings that you can get. If you had ten of them, you must have had just about the whole end of the wing!

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #1279
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
We walked up that pathway several times a day during Presidents Week to get from our Royal River View room to the parking lot or the East Depot bus stop.

Andre
So since you were in the RGR's did you find the east depot was better, or is it worth going to the south depot. It sounds like the south can get crazy if you try to get on with kids, but it seems like people don't mention the east stop making me wonder if it is worth going to south to get on and east to get off. If you go to the east stop, do they run as frequently as south? Is it one bus for south, the another for west, north, and east? What order do they go in for pick up?
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 03-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #1280
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
So since you were in the RGR's did you find the east depot was better, or is it worth going to the south depot.
From where we were, the East Depot was closest and we found things worked quite well from there. The order that the buses take varies by park (and other random variables that I still can't fathom!) but for the MK we found that the buses were mostly fairly empty, and they then went on to the South Depot and then to their destination.

Andre

Old 03-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #1281
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Andre
This was a great location. We had a rental car, so we really liked the proximity to the parking lot.

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Old 03-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #1282
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

The south depot was more convenient for RR's in Parterre, particularly if you are in a courtyard or wing room near POFQ.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #1283
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
The south depot was more convenient for RR's in Parterre, particularly if you are in a courtyard or wing room near POFQ.
Yeah plus if you say ate breakfast in the room you can cross that foot bridge and go right down the front of the main building to the South Depot or stop at the FC then down to the SD.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #1284
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yeah plus if you say ate breakfast in the room you can cross that foot bridge and go right down the front of the main building to the South Depot or stop at the FC then down to the SD.

So would it be fair to say if you are in Parterre the south is closer or just more convienent bc you ate at the FC, and if you are in oak then east is easier? Or does it matter what side of the buildings you are in. We will probably eat in the room. We have a RGR garden view and are requesting upper level close to the main building as possible.
We will be there 61 days from now
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 03-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #1285
Mouskemom
Mouseketeer

I was looking at room diagrams for the alligator bayou and it seems there is really no place to keep your clothes. Is there really no dresser? Just the e little drawers under the Murphy bed?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Wilderness Lodge - Dec 2007
Polynesian - Nov 2009
Beach Club - May 2013
Old 03-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #1286
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
So would it be fair to say if you are in Parterre the south is closer or just more convienent bc you ate at the FC, and if you are in oak then east is easier? Or does it matter what side of the buildings you are in. We will probably eat in the room. We have a RGR garden view and are requesting upper level close to the main building as possible.
We will be there 61 days from now
I am just saying heading to the parks the south depot is the best way to go.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #1287
allboyhouse
Mouseketeer

Hi all! I have a couple questions....we have always stayed in Alligator Bayou being a family of 5. This year my sister and her girls are going so we have two royal rooms booked. What would I need to request to be a close distance to walk over to main building to food court? And how many days from arrival should we request? I'm a little confused. Also, I should know this one but I'm blank.....the boat to DTD can also be taken back to POR, correct? For some reason we have always taken the bus back. Lol
Old 03-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #1288
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

IIRC, if you are staying in Oak or Parterre, you will have to walk through the Parterre, Oak, and Magnolia parking lots to get to East depot. We were in the center of Parterre and South was more convenient for us (and a prettier walk).
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #1289
dawgsgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Disnewby View Post
Hi all!

I'm currently booked at CBR for early May and while I LOVE the look/idea of the resort, the not so great things I keep hearing about it make me nervous...

I'm curious about POR...I really like the look & rooms in Magnolia Bend but really do NOT like the theme of Alligator Bayou. Aside from booking a Royal Room (I have 2 young boys who would not be fans of that lol) is there a way to ensure I end up in MB?? By booking certain views??

I looked on Port Oleans.org and maybe I missed it

Any advice given would be much appreciated
Be very careful...there is no way to guarantee the mansions unless you are in a royal room. I finally gave in and booked POR with a request for the mansions. Our request was not met and we ended up in the AB section--or the swamp as we called it. I did not care for it at all!! Such a shame, as I really wanted to like POR!!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #1290
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

What do this year's refillable mugs look like? Anyone have a pic?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: