Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #1216
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
Is there a ceiling fan in the other rooms? I have to say the fan is actually important to us.
If memory serves, the Alligator Bayou rooms have ceiling fans.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #1217
TourPixie
Earning My Ears

We check in Saturday and i am so excited. Leaving tomorrow for our drive.

Then this morning I have a little freak out and I am in tears. Last years trip to POR was boked very last minute and it was a trip for my family to run away. My brother was killed January 21st and we checked into POR February 26th. We were really running away from life and it was a wonderful trip.

We immediately started planning this years trip. I have 3 children, a DD5, Ds4 and DD23months. My youngest was born with a disability so we were also recovering from that on last years trip. For this trip we had planned to take my father at my childrens request, sadly my car decided to break down and the budget to bring my father went to its repairs. In the long run it was a good thing as in January this year my fathers cancer returned, we almost lost him more than once during that month and he still remains terribly ill. I the mother also have been dealing with some health issues and underwent a radiation treatment in February, and have been terribly ill ever since, dizzy spells, weakness, confusion, body aches etc. I found out just yessterday that the treatment did not work and that is why I am still feeling so terrible.
So now we leave tomorrow to drive to POR. Staying 6 nights and I am so excited yet so scared. My budget for the trip went into a lot of my medical needs so I am coming in with less than I had hoped for, I am so worried about having the energy and ability to make it through the trip but I can not let my children down.
Like I say maybe this is a mini freak out but I just need reassurance that the disney magic will shine in my childrens eyes and bring us through this just as it is supposed to. Any tips or suggestions in regards to my situation would be greatly appreciated as well.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #1218
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourPixie View Post

Then this morning I have a little freak out and I am in tears. Last years trip to POR was boked very last minute and it was a trip for my family to run away. My brother was killed January 21st and we checked into POR February 26th. We were really running away from life and it was a wonderful trip.

We immediately started planning this years trip. I have 3 children, a DD5, Ds4 and DD23months. My youngest was born with a disability so we were also recovering from that on last years trip. For this trip we had planned to take my father at my childrens request, sadly my car decided to break down and the budget to bring my father went to its repairs. In the long run it was a good thing as in January this year my fathers cancer returned, we almost lost him more than once during that month and he still remains terribly ill. I the mother also have been dealing with some health issues and underwent a radiation treatment in February, and have been terribly ill ever since, dizzy spells, weakness, confusion, body aches etc. I found out just yessterday that the treatment did not work and that is why I am still feeling so terrible.
So now we leave tomorrow to drive to POR. Staying 6 nights and I am so excited yet so scared. My budget for the trip went into a lot of my medical needs so I am coming in with less than I had hoped for, I am so worried about having the energy and ability to make it through the trip but I can not let my children down.
Like I say maybe this is a mini freak out but I just need reassurance that the disney magic will shine in my childrens eyes and bring us through this just as it is supposed to. Any tips or suggestions in regards to my situation would be greatly appreciated as well.
WOW, sorry for all ur going through! I am glad to hear ur still going and didn't cancel ur vacation. Have you considered a wheelchair or a scooter to help you make it thru the parks? Where r u driving from?
I don't go until end of next month.
Michelle

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Old 03-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #1219
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Wait a minute, maybe I'm completely misunderstanding, but does POR have ceiling fans? In all of the rooms except the Royal Rooms?

Our old apartment had ceiling fans, but where we are now - nothing. And I so miss them. If I can get a ceiling fan on vacation, I would be so happy.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 03-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #1220
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRabbit View Post
And this is the exact reason why I stalked the Disney site hoping for a non-Royal room to open up with the Spring rate when we wanted to stay. I wonder why they took the ceiling fan out for those rooms?
I thought maybe it was because the refurb gave them newer stronger ac units. Which my fiancé thought was fine the ac did its job. I miss the fan personally, but whatever, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
Is there a ceiling fan in the other rooms? I have to say the fan is actually important to us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
If memory serves, the Alligator Bayou rooms have ceiling fans.
Both of the above comments: they do in the Alligator Bayou. As for the regular mansion rooms, I do not remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourPixie View Post

Oh my wow you have a lot on your plate right now. I don't know what your budget is but if you want some help you can PM me and I can help you the best I can there. I just don't want everyone to see your things like how much your working with etc. my fiancé is a planner so I can use her advice also if you want me to share it with her? Also we would need to see what kind and when special meals you have reservations for, tours, side trips, etc.

My fiancé is good at planning and can help tremendously. You don't have to but the offer is out there for you.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #1221
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Wait a minute, maybe I'm completely misunderstanding, but does POR have ceiling fans? In all of the rooms except the Royal Rooms?

Our old apartment had ceiling fans, but where we are now - nothing. And I so miss them. If I can get a ceiling fan on vacation, I would be so happy.
This is true. All rooms but Royals have ceiling fans. I know AB does for a fact and here is a shot from a new refurb regular mansion room with one.

Photo Credit goes to: Cherylsmike Pocket Door

Photo Credit goes to: TaraPA Regular Curtain Room

Last edited by Venomhatch; 03-13-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #1222
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

This is true. All rooms but Royals have ceiling fans. I know AB does for a fact and here is a shot from a new refurb regular mansion room with one.

Photo Credit goes to: Cherylsmike
Is that a pocket door instead of a curtain separating the bedroom from the bathroom? Are the sinks not separate from the tub and toilet? Is there a different room layout pic of the mansion rooms then?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #1223
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

I can't believe I didn't know about ceiling fans. And I'm searching my brain to try and remember if we had a ceiling fan at YC in October. I don't remember there being one, but I could be wrong.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #1224
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Is that a pocket door instead of a curtain separating the bedroom from the bathroom? Are the sinks not separate from the tub and toilet? Is there a different room layout pic of the mansion rooms then?
Yeah that is correct, but I posted a pic from a room that has the curtain also and still a fan is there.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #1225
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
It's a handicap room. I had the same type of bathroom at AOA LM. It's one big room with only one sink. Some have shower/tub some only have shower.

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

Old 03-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #1226
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I can't believe I didn't know about ceiling fans. And I'm searching my brain to try and remember if we had a ceiling fan at YC in October. I don't remember there being one, but I could be wrong.
Was it a room like this one. If so you can see one there in the room within the first minute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ideCbdJoarE
Old 03-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #1227
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Was it a room like this one. If so you can see one there in the room within the first minute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ideCbdJoarE
Yes, but we had a king bed, garden view. I just can't believe I don't remember. Wonder if hubby remembers? I'm going to have to go look at my photos.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #1228
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Photo Credit goes to: Cherylsmike Pocket Door

Photo Credit goes to: TaraPA Regular Curtain Room
Okay forgive me, but where are these rooms exactly? I was thinking of doing Royal, but wasn't in love with the fact that the "closet" was next to the sink. Are there armoires in all of the mansion rooms, if that is what this is? If its AB, I know it's farther away, but I might just be willing to switch from BC to POR.

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 03-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #1229
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Ok, I guess we did have a ceiling fan at YC and now it's starting to come back to me that we actually used it too. My memory is really starting to slip lately.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #1230
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4

Okay forgive me, but where are these rooms exactly? I was thinking of doing Royal, but wasn't in love with the fact that the "closet" was next to the sink. Are there armoires in all of the mansion rooms, if that is what this is? If its AB, I know it's farther away, but I might just be willing to switch from BC to POR.
That was a handicap accessible room. I too wish they all had the pocket doors vs the curtain and an armoire. Too bad...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: