Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #1171
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

air conditioning question

(If this has been covered before, I apologize, I can't find it on this board) I've read on other boards about overriding the air conditioning unit because it shuts off without motion in the room. Do you have to do this at POR, if so, how? I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night sweating due to no air being circulated because we aren't moving in the night
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 03-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #1172
TK27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
(If this has been covered before, I apologize, I can't find it on this board) I've read on other boards about overriding the air conditioning unit because it shuts off without motion in the room. Do you have to do this at POR, if so, how? I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night sweating due to no air being circulated because we aren't moving in the night
I can't tell you for sure if its motion activated or not, but I saw in another thread that one way to combat this is to get a balloon and keep it within detection so it'll bob back and forth.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #1173
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
There are times when people ask me why I keep going back to Walt Disney World every year, even always staying in the same boring old hotel?

Oh I dunno, I guess I must have my reasons...

Andre
great photo!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 03-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #1174
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Hope you're feeling better soon
Thank you Sue!

Just so we can settle this other issue with the attention getters with no life but to stay up all night and stir issues.

This is the cockroach in the tub we found and I killed. Anybody who has been in a royal room knows that is the wallpaper used in the royal room bath areas.

Here is another photo I found online showing better detail and the smaller one is the ones we found in the drawers.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:16 AM   #1175
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Yikes!!

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 03-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #1176
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35 View Post
Yikes!!
I'm sure by now it's been taken care of ill check in with them tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #1177
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Thank you Sue!

Just so we can settle this other issue with the attention getters with no life but to stay up all night and stir issues.

This is the cockroach in the tub we found and I killed. Anybody who has been in a royal room knows that is the wallpaper used in the royal room bath areas.

Here is another photo I found online showing better detail and the smaller one is the ones we found in the drawers.

You're welcome. but EWWWW! Not the bed time pic I need Now I'm going to have to go back and look at Andres pic!!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 03-13-2013, 01:20 AM   #1178
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
You're welcome. but EWWWW! Not the bed time pic I need Now I'm going to have to go back and look at Andres pic!!!
Sorry but there was some trouble makers earlier.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:28 AM   #1179
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry not posting a lot. I don't have the motivation to post here. Plus My fiance and I have doctor appointments scheduled after this recent trip. The DD seems to have recovered. If anyone needs help with their faxes and or room requests PM me or post here and Ill PM you.
Hope you all feel better soon. Sorry your trip was not so magical.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:29 AM   #1180
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sure by now it's been taken care of ill check in with them tomorrow.
That's great that you are on top of things. Sorry you had a less than magical trip. I'm glad that you and your family are feeling better.

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 03-13-2013, 03:08 AM   #1181
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Sorry, this all blew up over my night-time so I've only just seen it.

For the record, Venom contacted me before he posted anything on the boards, asking whether he should keep quiet about his experiences in case it put people off POR. I said he should just be honest about what happened, and I think this is just an unusual series of strange co-incidences which just happened to hit one family. Perhaps coming out with the full story straight away rather than posting hints and PMs for a week might have helped reduce the rumour-mill, but he said was too busy with what was going on at the time - and anyway that's all water under the bridge now and it's now all out in the open.

Whether people feel Venomhatch is attention-seeking or not (as some have said) please can we keep this civil and stop the name-calling. I don't want the mods to have to close this thread down, we've all (and that includes Venom) put far too much time and effort into it. By all means take it up by PM, or in another more directly relevant thread if you really must, as that's your right, but please let's keep this one about Port Orleans Riverside specific questions.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 03-13-2013 at 04:03 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:43 AM   #1182
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

I really appreciate it when someone comes to the Disboards and posts about the not so magical time they may have had. Everything is not all roses and unicorns and there is useful information to be absorbed in those trip reports.

I always check my room for bedbugs..but now I will check for roaches too. Better safe than sorry. I can not stand the snakes at Disney postings but you can bet I will always keep a watchful eye out for Slytherin's mascot.

In fact, I would rather hear about the bad then to have to hear the " discheerleaders " who tell you to make lemonaid when things go south.

In the end I will take all information, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

By the way, I am still planning on staying at POR in July and I am looking forward to it. I am going to to everything in my power to have a smooth, fun and magical stay.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:13 AM   #1183
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Ok so how long is the boat ride to Downtown Disney?(my attempt to help derail this runway roach train)

ps. I worked at one of theist famous hospitals in Cleveland and they had a roach problem so it can happen anywhere
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
Old 03-13-2013, 04:23 AM   #1184
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post
Ok so how long is the boat ride to Downtown Disney
From POR the boat ride is about 20 mins, with a short stop at POFQ to pick up en route (they leave a few empty seats when the boat leaves POR). Boats run at least every 20 mins in the morning, and every 10 mins after 4pm.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #1185
aylarosie
Mouseketeer

I will be visiting POR THIS SAT -16TH. eXCITED ABOUT GOING BACK TO dISNEY.i HAVE BEEN TRYING TO PREREGISTER ON LINE AND THE SITE KEEPS SAYING IT IS DOWN.Can I register through reservations ? Thanks Nan
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: