Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #1051
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian95 View Post
we are booked in a riverview.looking at the map it must be bld 38.
As a family of five you could be in 14, 27 or 38 (all of the river-view rooms, even those in the otherwise 'preferred' buildings, come under the River View category). You can request any of those (14 being the best for your wishes). See the floorplans at www.portorleans.org/images/buildingmaps/Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou.pdf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian95 View Post
almost forgot we are concerned about what happened to venom. would really like to know .bugs don't bother me but I hate snakes sombody tell me it wasn't snakes in the room.
No, not snakes - although to be fair they are not uncommon in Florida (Quick Indiana Jones moment there... "Snakes, why did it have to be snakes?")

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #1052
brian95
Mouseketeer

thanks andre i am sure I will have a lot more questions. i got a pm from venom .somewhat of a relief for me.as long as the snakes stay outside I"m ok
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #1053
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

3 months away

90 days until we check in to POR:cool1
We have a preferred room booked for 6/9-6/18. So excited. Anyone else planning to be at POR in June?
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 03-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #1054
msdaisy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisny
90 days until we check in to POR:cool1
We have a preferred room booked for 6/9-6/18. So excited. Anyone else planning to be at POR in June?
Me, me, me! We were going to do Disneyland this year, but our one and only DL trip warped back into a trip to DW! We will be in a preferred room on 5/31, and we will then check into royal room on 6/1-6/10. We are super excited to stay at POR. I think we will really like the theming. Last year when at OKW we went over to POFQ in the mornings for breakfast since it was so close, but we never ventured over to riverside. I am booked using the spring discount, but I am hoping my sister gets a pin! She has received a few over the last year, and we are hoping for free dining.

We are going to go to downtown disney and swim on our day of arrival. We have a 7:00 reservation for Trail's End that evening. We will then do 4 park days, 1 pool day, and then back to the parks for 4 days! We have lots of character meals planned - some that we haven't done in a few years.

2006 Offsite, 2009 Yacht Club, 2010 Offsite, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Old Key West, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2013 First Trip to Disneyland! Embassy Suites North
Old 03-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #1055
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

We'll be there May 27th-June 5th in a "river view" room. We have requested the mansions. I hope our wish is granted!! We did the new "royal room" last May so I don't feel the need this year.

Can't wait to go!!!

Carla
Old 03-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #1056
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdaisy View Post
Me, me, me! We were going to do Disneyland this year, but our one and only DL trip warped back into a trip to DW! We will be in a preferred room on 5/31, and we will then check into royal room on 6/1-6/10. We are super excited to stay at POR. I think we will really like the theming. Last year when at OKW we went over to POFQ in the mornings for breakfast since it was so close, but we never ventured over to riverside. I am booked using the spring discount, but I am hoping my sister gets a pin! She has received a few over the last year, and we are hoping for free dining.

We are going to go to downtown disney and swim on our day of arrival. We have a 7:00 reservation for Trail's End that evening. We will then do 4 park days, 1 pool day, and then back to the parks for 4 days! We have lots of character meals planned - some that we haven't done in a few years.
Awesome! Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Looks like we will overlap for a couple of days at POR. I think you will love it! We loved it so much on our last stay that we couldn't make ourselves go anywhere else for this trip. I hope your sister gets a great pin, I have gotten one in the past also, but not yet for this year. I used the spring discount as well and that took off quite a bit so i am happy! We were in Acadian house last time so we booked preferred to make sure that we would be on the AB side, just to switch things up a little. My 7 year old is really looking forward to the murphy bed.
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 03-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #1057
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Sorry if the PMs I have sent out were Generic everyone. But I had to do it that way to respond so quickly to all of them.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #1058
stephyarcouette
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Yep. It's expensive beer, but they do have beer* at the resort stores all through WDW property. (ETA really quick...and specifically YES at POR's store, in case you were worried I was assuming...I stared long and hard at the beer/etc refrigerated section at the POR store on our trip, because I really wanted one beer, but not the beers they had and not for those prices)

*and wine. and liquor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yep, you can. At hotel shop prices of course.

Stronger spirits are available upon request from behind the counter:

It goes without saying to remember to take ID with you.

Andre
Lol Thanks. As for the prices, we're Canadian so I'm pretty sure the price of beer at the resort won't be shocking!!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #1059
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyarcouette View Post
Lol Thanks. As for the prices, we're Canadian so I'm pretty sure the price of beer at the resort won't be shocking!!
Buahahaha, Love this.

You could just do what we are going to do (Canadians as well) Either picking up some beer/Vodka in the airport shops past security. OR, ordering through Garden Grocer and having it delivered.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #1060
stephyarcouette
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Buahahaha, Love this.

You could just do what we are going to do (Canadians as well) Either picking up some beer/Vodka in the airport shops past security. OR, ordering through Garden Grocer and having it delivered.
beer delivery? The hubs will be drooling all week!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #1061
BrentSD
Earning My Ears

Staying at POR beginning on Mother's Day in May with my family. Our plane lands at 2:15 pm and we are hoping to make it to Epcot that same day. How long does it take, on average, to get to the resort from airport, check-in, and take a bus to the Epcot?

I realize times can vary, just wondering what time I should expect to arive at Epcot so I can plan out the day. I'm hoping we could make it there by 4:30?

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #1062
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentSD View Post
Staying at POR beginning on Mother's Day in May with my family. Our plane lands at 2:15 pm and we are hoping to make it to Epcot that same day. How long does it take, on average, to get to the resort from airport, check-in, and take a bus to the Epcot?

I realize times can vary, just wondering what time I should expect to arive at Epcot so I can plan out the day. I'm hoping we could make it there by 4:30?

Thanks!
If you arrive on time, I think it would be safe to say you'll be there between 3:30 and 4 pm.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #1063
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
I lived in South Florida for 13 years... *I* wouldn't travel to Miami...
I lived in Florida for a while-twice, and when I read that I was thinking...."only ONE person that day????"

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
Old 03-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #1064
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

Anyone know how long the ME ride is to POR from the airport?

Old 03-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #1065
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnowewontgo View Post
Anyone know how long the ME ride is to POR from the airport?
About 30 minutes give or take with traffic.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: