Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #1021
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
One family in one room had an issue, which we've been told will be fully documented in a forthcoming trip report. They were moved, and the problem has apparently been rectified. It did not (again, as far as we know) affect any of the other 2,047 rooms at POR.

So please don't let it worry you too much, I'm sure you will be fine and you'll have a great time.

Or, to put it another way... in unrelated news, someone was mugged in Miami last week so I'm now seriously considering not travelling to Florida in August after all. [OK, that last bit was meant as a humorous interjection, for those folks who don't pick up so well on my wry British irony ]

Andre
This is the perfect response. It does not downplay that the individual's experience was not ideal, or acceptable, BUT, recognizes that that situation has been addressed and that it is the exception to the rule.

Even my wife, who is a very paranoid traveller, was just told about this, and her reaction was "that can happen anywhere ! As long as the majority of experiences are still great, thats all that matters" ... I was actually quite impressed with her reaction.

Lets all wish Venom the best, especially since this was not the only hiccup in his family's vacation, and since he does so much for all of us here, and lets look forward to our own awesome vacations and disney magic to come !
Old 03-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #1022
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

One family in one room had an issue, which we've been told will be fully documented in a forthcoming trip report. They were moved, and the problem has apparently been rectified. It did not (again, as far as we know) affect any of the other 2,047 rooms at POR.

So please don't let it worry you too much, I'm sure you will be fine and you'll have a great time.

Or, to put it another way... in unrelated news, someone was mugged in Miami last week so I'm now seriously considering not travelling to Florida in August after all. [OK, that last bit was meant as a humorous interjection, for those folks who don't pick up so well on my wry British irony ]

Andre
ROFL!!! I laughed out loud about the Miami news and my DH said, "Alright I'm listening."

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #1023
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by edinburghlass View Post
Pops the elephant in the room into a cupboard and wondered if anyone can tell me about hiring a Sea Raycer?

Thanks in advance.
Thank you for asking this. After watching some POR videos yesterday, I started thinking it might be fun to rent one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden's Momma View Post
Yeah I figured it was the same thing. I like the rose idea though and hope they keep it. Will be at POR in 8 days! I am so excited... We tried the Caribbean last time and hated it so back to POR we go!
Can someone explain the rose to me? I keep seeing it mentioned but no idea what it is.

Quote:

Andre
LOL.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 03-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #1024
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:

Andre
I lived in South Florida for 13 years... *I* wouldn't travel to Miami...
Old 03-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #1025
Braden's Momma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977

What did you hate about CBR? What do you love about POR in comparison? I am still trying to decide which mod we want to stay at in August...
It did not feel very Disney to us. We were in the farthest building, hated the long and boring walk after a long day in the park (the internal bus was not a quicker way to get around). The main pool was always packed whereas POR was not (May). The food court was not good and lacked a lot of the options POR has and always seemed more crowded. We experienced some very long bus times too...1 hour at times. The best thing about the Caribbean was the pirate room. POR in comparison never felt crowded and on the walks from our room to the food court were beautiful with flowers and other things to look at. The bus service was much quicker than the Caribbean but we had to stand more as the buses were more crowded. Overall POR to us is much nicer. Oh, I also love the quiet pools at POR (even better than the main pool). Also we really missed the relaxing boat ride to DTD and the buses from DTD to the Caribbean were almost non existent. Hope this helps.

(DH 32) (ME 27) (DS 7) (DD 3)

Annie

1985-1989 -Florida Resident - Multiple Day Trips
2000 - Off Property
2010 (May)- Port Orleans Riverside (Mansions)
2011 (May)- Caribbean Beach - Pirate Room - 1st Trip w/ our son
March 2013 - POR - 1st trip w/ our 4 yo !
Old 03-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #1026
Disneymaddness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
This is the perfect response. It does not downplay that the individual's experience was not ideal, or acceptable, BUT, recognizes that that situation has been addressed and that it is the exception to the rule.

Even my wife, who is a very paranoid traveller, was just told about this, and her reaction was "that can happen anywhere ! As long as the majority of experiences are still great, thats all that matters" ... I was actually quite impressed with her reaction.

Lets all wish Venom the best, especially since this was not the only hiccup in his family's vacation, and since he does so much for all of us here, and lets look forward to our own awesome vacations and disney magic to come !
I agree ! Only 63 more sleeps for us!
POR- 7/05, 8/07, 7/11, 5/13, 2/14
Old 03-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #1027
Braden's Momma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1

Thank you for asking this. After watching some POR videos yesterday, I started thinking it might be fun to rent one.

Can someone explain the rose to me? I keep seeing it mentioned but no idea what it is.

LOL.
Keep in mind I have not been but was told about this when I called to make some ADRs.... you order your meal at a kiosk and it spits out a rose petal. You take the petal to your seat and your food magically appears....it has an RFID chip in it.

Annie

2000 - Off Property
Old 03-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #1028
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Quote:
Keep in mind I have not been but was told about this when I called to make some ADRs.... you order your meal at a kiosk and it spits out a rose petal. You take the petal to your seat and your food magically appears....it has an RFID chip in it.
Ah ok. Thank you. That sounds cute.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #1029
Braden's Momma
Mouseketeer

What movies will be playing on the law 03/18 to 03/24?

Annie

2000 - Off Property
Old 03-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #1030
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden's Momma

It did not feel very Disney to us. We were in the farthest building, hated the long and boring walk after a long day in the park (the internal bus was not a quicker way to get around). The main pool was always packed whereas POR was not (May). The food court was not good and lacked a lot of the options POR has and always seemed more crowded. We experienced some very long bus times too...1 hour at times. The best thing about the Caribbean was the pirate room. POR in comparison never felt crowded and on the walks from our room to the food court were beautiful with flowers and other things to look at. The bus service was much quicker than the Caribbean but we had to stand more as the buses were more crowded. Overall POR to us is much nicer. Oh, I also love the quiet pools at POR (even better than the main pool). Also we really missed the relaxing boat ride to DTD and the buses from DTD to the Caribbean were almost non existent. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info! That helps a lot!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #1031
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
What movies will be playing on the law 03/18 to 03/24?
www.portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php

And on the lawn too I suspect.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #1032
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
Why no rides? I went once early in my pregnancy with DD#2, but know many who went 4-7 months. I would ask your OB/GYN but mine and my friends allowed pretty much all the non height requirement rides (except for the tea cups). That basically just excludes the mountains in the MK. My OBGYN was okay with the safri ride but I know others said no. Mine basically said no rollercoasters, no centrifuge, was okay with any ride an infant could go on. That really leaves a lot. Also was okay with soarin but not test track. Just remember to take a ton of breaks stay hydrated and go back to the hotel and rest and swim.
Yeah I was being sarcastic, lol. I figure I'll just stay away from the mountains, and roller coaster type rides. And unfortunately that includes the Tower of Terror which is my favorite. I haven't been to the OB-GYN yet since it's still so early, but I'll have ample opportunity to talk with them about it before our July trip. I will definitely be taking it easy, and slow this trip. We've got 7 full park days....we'll get it all done.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #1033
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's not quite how it works (or what it looks like ). You can see a picture of the rose device (as well as a description of how the ordering process works) here:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...nd-town-12812/
Old 03-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #1034
Braden's Momma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

www.portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php

And on the lawn too I suspect.

Andre
Haha stupid iPod

Annie

2000 - Off Property
Old 03-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #1035
kelleigh1
Disney Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
That's not quite how it works (or what it looks like ). You can see a picture of the rose device (as well as a description of how the ordering process works) here:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...nd-town-12812/
Thank you!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: