Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #931
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobjennasmom View Post
Feeling a little (or alot!) nervous now about our trip in three weeks to a Royal Room at POR. Ugh. I'm so sorry for what happened to Venom. Looking forward to reading the trip report and trying not to freak out in the meantime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Geesh...cliffhanger much? Not to be redundant, but I'm a teacher and can't use the computer all day, so I just got all caught up on this. I echo the sentiments of everyone else in that it's so sad that the person who is always here for us cheering on POR and supporting us with room requests and questions and being, basically, the POR #1 fan has had to experience something terrible (on top of a sick little one!) Hugs that things are all better now
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisny View Post
just had to pop in and say that we have booked our airfare for our June trip! double digits now! I kept waiting for prices to go down with the airfare which is why I didn't book it when we made our package reservations, but... didn't want to wait any longer as it seems prices are going up not down. So, another thing crossed off my list!

Venom: so sorry about your troubles on your trip & glad your daughter is better! I will check out your TR when you post it.

Andre: thank you for all of the helpful info and the live feed while you were at POR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
That wasn't why he changed hotels. He didn't want to post the reason & I was concerned that it was bed bugs and he confirmed it wasn't. SO I am not changing but it wasn't because he little girl got sick at BOG.
Thanks everyone for jumping in showing support! Yeah my reason is in the PMs I have sent out.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #932
Wismgari
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Thanks everyone for jumping in showing support! Yeah my reason is in the PMs I have sent out.
Venom is there any chance you could send me a PM with what happened as I am worrying myself now!! I can't send you a PM as don't have enough posts! Thanks in advance if you are able to, but if you are too busy enjoying (hopefully!!) you Disney experience please don't worry
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #933
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermom3
Question about a split stay. Does this sound crazy?

We love POR, as it fits our family of 5 the best both style/location and price. I went to book a package with the Spring Offer from 5/23-5/30. There was no availablilty with the Spring Offer. It seems like the night of 5/26 there is no availability. So, I am able to book 5/23-5/26 gardenview with the DDP and 6 day base tickets under the Spring Offer; 5/26-5/27 room only rack rate preferred room; and 5/27-5/30 room only Spring Offer preferred room. This gives us the DDP for our first 3 nights and we'll pay OOP the remainder.

So my real question is: what is the likelihood of being able to remain in our room the entire stay? I realize that there is a big difference between gardenview and preferred rooms. I don't really want to change rooms 3 times.

Even though this sounds crazy, it saves me about $1300 over staying in the Fort Wilderness Cabins the entire stay, and about $1100 paying rack rate for the entire stay at POR in a preferred room. This includes what I would be paying OOP for food.

Opinions please.
How badly do you want to stay in your room? Did you HAVE to book preferred for the second two legs of your stay? It you could switch it all to garden view, I think the CMs would try their best not to move you.
If you really want preferred, my guess is that you will have to change rooms once, switching from garden view to preferred. That first part of your stay is Memorial Day weekend, so I would imagine it is pretty booked up. I will be there at the same time, and couldn't get preferred spring discount for my whole stay, but was able to get river view, so I was happy.
But who knows, you might get lucky! Request to move as little as possible.
And no, you are not crazy! I think that is a decent plan, given the situation. I have a family of five too. You gotta do what you gotta do!

ETA... And maybe your garden view room will end up being great, and you will ask to stay there the whole time. :-)
Old 03-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #934
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Venom is there any chance you could send me a PM with what happened as I am worrying myself now!! I can't send you a PM as don't have enough posts! Thanks in advance if you are able to, but if you are too busy enjoying (hopefully!!) you Disney experience please don't worry
It will be the next thing I do.

----------------------------------

Also everyone else no matter what I do I will continue to follow and provide assistance here. I could never abandon helping guests. As that is what I handle is guest requests and assistance.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #935
Wismgari
Earning My Ears

Quote:
It will be the next thing I do.

----------------------------------

Also everyone else no matter what I do I will continue to follow and provide assistance here. I could never abandon helping guests. As that is what I handle is guest requests and assistance.
Thank you so much Venom. I hope you are enjoying the rest of your holiday.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #936
Supermom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineOH View Post
How badly do you want to stay in your room? Did you HAVE to book preferred for the second two legs of your stay? It you could switch it all to garden view, I think the CMs would try their best not to move you.
If you really want preferred, my guess is that you will have to change rooms once, switching from garden view to preferred. That first part of your stay is Memorial Day weekend, so I would imagine it is pretty booked up. I will be there at the same time, and couldn't get preferred spring discount for my whole stay, but was able to get river view, so I was happy.
But who knows, you might get lucky! Request to move as little as possible.
And no, you are not crazy! I think that is a decent plan, given the situation. I have a family of five too. You gotta do what you gotta do!

ETA... And maybe your garden view room will end up being great, and you will ask to stay there the whole time. :-)
Thank you. Yes, garden view was not available for the second half. It is curious now though, only pool view is coming up for the first half. It seems like there is different availability every time I check, which is pretty often. Maybe I just need to call instead of booking online.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #937
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Thank you so much Venom. I hope you are enjoying the rest of your holiday.
Yeah I am now. But we can come back anytime. Just was a vacation for family time. Maybe we can come over there to the UK for vacation or holiday.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #938
Wismgari
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yeah I am now. But we can come back anytime. Just was a vacation for family time. Maybe we can come over there to the UK for vacation or holiday.
Haha the weather is awful here you don't want to come over here!!! I am really hoping I don't have any major problems over there as I have been saving for this holiday for about 5 years and will be my first time in the USA! I am really trying to make it as special as possible
Old 03-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #939
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermom3 View Post
Maybe I just need to call instead of booking online.
That's probably a good idea. Of course, you may get a CM who is subpar, but you might get someone who can fix everything. I wouldn't be afraid to call a few times and ask, if the first one can't find you something. Good luck! Maybe you'll get river view and end up next to us! ;-)

I was trying to price out a split stay a few weeks after I booked, and there wasn't anything left for the spring offer for POR over Memorial Day when I looked.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #940
LovetheTink
Mouseketeer

Building help!

Hi..this is our first time to Port Orleans! We usually stay at Wilderness Lodge. We are doing a very last minute trip. My question to all you experts at this hotel is what would you recomend for a building number? We would like to be close to transportation and pool. Prefered lodging was sold out so I was thinking of just doing plain standard view (want to cut costs) but looking to find the right building. Would you recommend paying more for garden/pool view? We are a family of five (DS6, DD4, Dneice 13). I am not picky as to staying in the Mansions vs the Bayou style? Thanks for all of your recommendations! Karla in PA
Old 03-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #941
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

I thought I remembered seeing a post about little kids sleeping in the Murphy bed without bed rails but using a pillow roll under the sheet or something? Anyone have ideas? I guess the2 year old could get the other queen with rails (are these first come first serve? Fee or not?) and the 6 year old could sleep on the Murphy bed?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #942
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I thought I remembered seeing a post about little kids sleeping in the Murphy bed without bed rails but using a pillow roll under the sheet or something? Anyone have ideas? I guess the2 year old could get the other queen with rails (are these first come first serve? Fee or not?) and the 6 year old could sleep on the Murphy bed?
You can get a free pack and play for the 2 year old
Old 03-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #943
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977
A pool noodle under the sheet works well.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #944
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovetheTink
Hi..this is our first time to Port Orleans! We usually stay at Wilderness Lodge. We are doing a very last minute trip. My question to all you experts at this hotel is what would you recomend for a building number? We would like to be close to transportation and pool. Prefered lodging was sold out so I was thinking of just doing plain standard view (want to cut costs) but looking to find the right building. Would you recommend paying more for garden/pool view? We are a family of five (DS6, DD4, Dneice 13). I am not picky as to staying in the Mansions vs the Bayou style? Thanks for all of your recommendations! Karla in PA
All the rooms for five are in the bayou section. If you look at the maps at portorleans.org, you can decide which non-preferred building you would like to request. You might want to decide on transportation or pool as a main request, and specify quiet pool or main pool.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #945
jacobjennasmom
Earning My Ears

Hi Venom,

Would you be able to PM me as we'll anytime in the next couple days with what your experience was? I'm just a little concerned for our trip coming up. If you are too busy getting back to "real life" no worries! I am unable to PM you as I'm too new.

Thank you!! Rachel

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: