Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #856
havinfun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch
Ok so we are on day two and I got pics and videos of the requested areas only because our little one got food poisoning from "Be Our Guest", the only thing she ate the night before and the Disney referred clinic confirms the Cornish hen was not cooked properly. So today at 3:15 am our little girl started getting sick constantly. Around 4pm she finally was able to eat some grapes and drink some power aide and keep that down. We returned to the room right after where we woke after a nap and she has now been since 12 noon no sick moments just tired. Point being avoid the Cornish hen for now. I had the strip steak and my fiancé had the same and we're fine. I am sorry I have not been on here more today but its been first priority to her and when she was settled down this morning and resting I went out and snapped the photos and vids real quick. PM me if you have more photo requests and ill see what I can do.

Oh also for future guests... If you or someone in your group is not well, they will cancel your dining and tour ressies on that circumstance alone for no charge on the same day. So if your not well they won't force you to keep your same day reservations.
I hope your daughter is feeling much better now and enjoying herself!

August 2008 - Walt Disney World, Lots of Pictures
1977, 1978, 1984, all off site. 1996 FW cabins, 2008 CSR.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #857
Megsmachine
I love Minnie!

Incredibly excited! We just paid off our balance today. We are that much closer!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #858
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Love the room number maps, Andre! Is that new? Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Frying Pan and Fire comes to mind (does that saying translate across the Atlantic?).

Chill, you're on vacation.

Andre
That's what my dh always says. His day to day job is very stressful.
Waiting for a bus at WDW...not stressful in comparison.
Leaving enough time is key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
SO TRUE!!!! Some of our absolutely terrible experiences have been at CR, BWI, and the Dolphin. I'd much rather have bus issues and be paying 1/3 the price
Our worst bus experience was at the Contemporary, after a breakfast at Chef M. I agree whole-heartedly!
Old 03-08-2013, 03:17 AM   #859
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
I am concerned about the multiple stops because I have a scooter and there will be 6 in our party. I will pay for preferred room but which stop would be better. That is why I really want POFQ unless there are no discounts there.
If you're staying in a Preferred Location, you should use the South Depot. Do you have an Accessible room booked? There's a handy shortcut pathway past the parking lot area which avoids the main building completely when getting to the South bus stop.

There are two covered shelters for the buses. Wait under the one for the park you want, and get someone in your party to let the driver know that there's a scooter to load. You will be loaded first before the other passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyandMichael View Post
Leaving in 5 days for POR and getting excited. Not going to stress about the busses, It will just be about my sweet girl and making memories anyway. I know everyone is busy. But if we are getting a royal room, and want to be be near the mug refills and not too far from parking or the bus, any suggestions? I know I have asked before but wanted some input before I send my fax over. How is building 90? Should I ask for a bottom floor since we will have a stroller or does it really matter since there are elevators? Thanks for everything guys! Will blog and post our trip!!!!
The Royal Rooms that are closest to the main buildings are also mostly the furthest from the elevators (see my floorplan maps). However apart from the central block, the mansion buildings are only two floors and the stairways are fairly shallow, so getting an empty stroller up and down one of the closer sets of stairs is not a major issue as long as your little one can help out by walking a short distance.

Oak Manor (90) is mostly closer to the main area, but as I've said before, the very best rooms are actually in the northern wing of Parterre Place (95). I'd word your fax in terms of what features you want rather than asking for a specific building (e.g. ask for "close to the main buildings, and probably on the ground floor unless the room is fairly close to an elevator as we have a stroller". If you had more time, I'd have said to also put this request in your original booking too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
Love the room number maps, Andre! Is that new? Great job!

That's what my dh always says. His day to day job is very stressful.
Waiting for a bus at WDW...not stressful in comparison.
Leaving enough time is key.
Yes, the maps are fairly new, I first uploaded them over the Christmas break, and I've been doing some update tweaks this past trip to finalise a few of the finer details. On my website, you can click on the overall resort maps to zoom in to each building directly.

Amen to not stressing about the buses - people are getting far too worked up about it! You're on vacation, just chill and allow yourself plenty of time, and if you get there early then that's a bonus - oh, and it might help to try to avoid peak exit times when coming back from the parks.

Just consider the alternative of getting buses from off-site hotels, where they may only have a few a day, and then only to the TTC!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-08-2013, 05:35 AM   #860
hockeymom3
Mouseketeer

When we stayed at AKL and WL there was a toaster at the condiment station that I saw people use for their own bread and bagels.

Is there one at POR and is it for use by anyone (I'm trying to figure out why someone would need it if they were purchasing cooked food)

Thanks!!!

Second Family Disney Trip April 30 - May 8, 2013 POR
First Family Disney Trip May 2-12, 2009 AKL/WL
Old 03-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #861
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom3 View Post
When we stayed at AKL and WL there was a toaster at the condiment station that I saw people use for their own bread and bagels.

Is there one at POR and is it for use by anyone (I'm trying to figure out why someone would need it if they were purchasing cooked food)
Yes there is. You can buy slices of bread, or bagels, etc in the food court and then toast them if you wish. Or even buy a loaf of bread at the hotel shop and then make toast I guess.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #862
anniedream
Mouseketeer

So excited! Will be our First experience staying on Disney Property! Roll on 196 days, lol!

Onewomanonedream.tumblr.com
Old 03-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #863
hockeymom3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Yes there is. You can buy slices of bread, or bagels, etc in the food court and then toast them if you wish. Or even buy a loaf of bread at the hotel shop and then make toast I guess.

Andre
Thank you so much for the quick response!! Now I know I can add bagels and butter to the grocery list.

Second Family Disney Trip April 30 - May 8, 2013 POR
First Family Disney Trip May 2-12, 2009 AKL/WL
Old 03-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #864
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
You have no idea how much that is true. I had a very not so fun experience I will be sharing with my Trip Report once we have returned to our normal day to day. People who have easily disgusted stomachs do not read. I head back into the work circle of life on the 9th but I will post sometime that week after.

I'll put it this way. We are not at POR now and our Vacation isn't up til the 9th!
I lurk in this awesome thread and my heart just sank for you Venom. You are so helpful here and to read something so UNmagical has happened that you had to move to another property...ugh. It just makes me sad.

I hope all is well now and you're able to enjoy the rest of your trip. Sending you some extra pixie dust!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #865
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

OK, so in my heart I guess I knew a week's break in mid-February 2013 really wasn't going to tide me over until late 2014...

... so I've just booked two weeks in August! It had to be the first two weeks unfortunately due to work commitments (I much prefer the last two weeks) but hey, it's Port Orleans so any time is good!

So just 144 days to go.

And Be Our Guest is already booked solid for Dinner every day.

Andre

Old 03-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #866
Braden's Momma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
OK, so in my heart I guess I knew a week's break in mid-February 2013 really wasn't going to tide me over until late 2014...

... so I've just booked two weeks in August! It had to be the first two weeks unfortunately due to work commitments (I much prefer the last two weeks) but hey, it's Port Orleans so any time is good!

So just 144 days to go.

Andre
I am going to do BOG for lunch.....I think the RFID rose sounds awesome!
10 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(DH 32) (ME 27) (DS 7) (DD 3)

Annie

1985-1989 -Florida Resident - Multiple Day Trips
2000 - Off Property
2010 (May)- Port Orleans Riverside (Mansions)
2011 (May)- Caribbean Beach - Pirate Room - 1st Trip w/ our son
March 2013 - POR - 1st trip w/ our 4 yo !
Old 03-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #867
alhurricane
DisDads #733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
You have no idea how much that is true. I had a very not so fun experience I will be sharing with my Trip Report once we have returned to our normal day to day. People who have easily disgusted stomachs do not read. I head back into the work circle of life on the 9th but I will post sometime that week after.

I'll put it this way. We are not at POR now and our Vacation isn't up til the 9th!
That's terrible! So sorry this happened to you. I will anxiously await your report as I know it must have been something awful to drive you away from POR.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #868
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

What do you all do about trip insurance? I am thinking of going through ***************** and getting a basic plan for peace of mind. They seem to run about $100 for my whole family.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #869
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhurricane View Post
That's terrible! So sorry this happened to you. I will anxiously await your report as I know it must have been something awful to drive you away from POR.
I really hope the food poisoning didn't end up turning into the stomach bug for everyone but that's my guess. Hope you are all feeling better-how disappointing!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #870
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So just 144 days to go.

Andre
We're probably going the first week of August, and yeah...I keep checking BOG though, thinking there could be a cancellation? Haha...right...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: