Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 11:58 PM   #811
just teachin
Earning My Ears

Just switched from AoA to a Royal Guest room at POR with a River View, and requested Oak Manor. Tonight I was reading the FAQ and came across this:

"At night there are outdoor movie screenings in the turfed courtyard in front of Oak Manor building."

Is this on the river view side or the other side? I'm just concerned about noise...

Thanks!!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #812
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by just teachin View Post
Just switched from AoA to a Royal Guest room at POR with a River View, and requested Oak Manor. Tonight I was reading the FAQ and came across this:

"At night there are outdoor movie screenings in the turfed courtyard in front of Oak Manor building."

Is this on the river view side or the other side? I'm just concerned about noise...

Thanks!!
We had 9274 and there was no noise from the movie. They play it on the river side. I took a photo of it somewhere I believe, I'll look for it then post again. But there was 0 noise that you could hear in room.

Last edited by Venomhatch; 03-07-2013 at 01:19 AM. Reason: As promised added photo.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 05:49 AM   #813
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBeMrs View Post
What a great thread. Everyone is so helpful, really made our resort decision easier. Officially staying at POR July 11 -18 for our DFTW and Disneymoon

We get there the day before our wedding, any suggestions on what we should do to relax and unwind before the big day? Any romantic suggestions?
Since I will be there the same time do I get some wedding cake??

Congrats and best wishes!

Denise
Old 03-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #814
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBeMrs View Post
We're wedding twins! haha

This is why I don't want to do the parks for too long the day we get there. We are having an Escape wedding at SBP so we don't have a rehersal (There will only be 20 people in total including DF and I) We arrive around noon so we're thinking we might just go to Magic Kingdom for a bit, get our APs and see the castle (I'm not in Disney until I see it ) then probably DTD for dinner. Unless anyone else has better suggestions
Wedding Twins! So fun! I'm trying to think of other suggestions for you, but I don't have many since we are commando vacationers Our "relaxing" days before our wedding involved touring 2 parks, our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, golfing, doing the Richard Petty Ride Along, and running around like crazy people

Maybe do the carriage ride around POR? Are you staying together the night before the wedding, or in separate rooms? Maybe you could head over to Cirque du Soleil after dinner at DTD? They also rent boats out of the DTD marina. Maybe you could take a boat ride? There are a bunch of spas too, if you're spa people
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 03-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #815
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

We're getting slammed by that storm that came across the midwest this week, but because we're in New England, we're also getting slammed from the winds off the Atlantic so it's just plain ugly here.

I so wish I was at POR right now.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 03-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #816
SoonToBeMrs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Denise View Post
Since I will be there the same time do I get some wedding cake??

Congrats and best wishes!

Denise
If my guests do'n eat it all haha But good luck getting it away from my 12 y/o sister, it's the only thing getting her to the wedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Wedding Twins! So fun! I'm trying to think of other suggestions for you, but I don't have many since we are commando vacationers Our "relaxing" days before our wedding involved touring 2 parks, our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, golfing, doing the Richard Petty Ride Along, and running around like crazy people

Maybe do the carriage ride around POR? Are you staying together the night before the wedding, or in separate rooms? Maybe you could head over to Cirque du Soleil after dinner at DTD? They also rent boats out of the DTD marina. Maybe you could take a boat ride? There are a bunch of spas too, if you're spa people
All good suggestions. DF would love renting a boat. I think he wants to rent one of those little Searacers (is that what they're called?) So this would be a good day to do it. I hadn't thought of that.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #817
dramaticmissy
Mouseketeer

Love Disney!

This will our first time at Port of Orleans Riverside, I was just wondering where I can find new pictures after renovations of the Alligator Bayou of rooms with the Murphy bed as we will have 5 in our room for our All Girl May trip. Will it be comfy enough for my 9 year old who is only 4'8 tall. Also we have a preferred room and want to be closest to the south bus and dining. Just wondering.

We have stayed at Saratoga, Music and Pop and loved them all

June 1976-My first trip!
March 2006 @ POP dd's 2nd birthday
August 2007 @ SSR 11 day trip
November 2008- POP dd's 7th birthday
May 2013 Port of Orleans Riverside- All girls week

Last edited by dramaticmissy; 03-07-2013 at 09:00 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 03-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #818
julieanddanny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaticmissy View Post
This will our first time at Port of Orleans Riverside, I was just wondering where I can find new picture after the Alligator Bayou pics of rooms with the Murphy bed as we will have 5 in our room for our all Girl may trip. will it be comfy enough for my 9 year old who is only 4'8 tall. Also we have a preferred room and want to be closest to the south bus and dining. Just wondering.

We have stayed at Saratoga, Music and Pop
http://www.portorleans.org/alligator-bayou.php
The photo there is actually a 360 you can move with your mouse. I haven't stayed since the change to the murphy so cannot comment but but do plan to have either our 8 or 9 yr use it when we go...
Old 03-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #819
just teachin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
We had 9274 and there was no noise from the movie. They play it on the river side. I took a photo of it somewhere I believe, I'll look for it then post again. But there was 0 noise that you could hear in room.
Thank you for your response!! After looking at a map of the room numbers, I'm just curious if your corner room had the second set of windows.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #820
kmg1107
Mouseketeer

We are here! We checked in at POR last night after midnight. About 5 days prior I faxed our room requests (thank you Andre and Venom), and all were granted. Paid for a garden view and indicated corner room preference on our online check-in, added a request for a Magnolia Bend location with a view. We are in a first floor, corner room, looking out at some gardens and a quiet pool.
Off to MK today. Feel free to send any questions about the resort since we're here!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #821
dramaticmissy
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much!

June 1976-My first trip!
March 2006 @ POP dd's 2nd birthday
August 2007 @ SSR 11 day trip
November 2008- POP dd's 7th birthday
May 2013 Port of Orleans Riverside- All girls week
Old 03-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #822
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Hmmmm....

Based on Venom and Andre's recent posts about the buses, I am confused as to which stop is now considered "better" for AM travel to MK. I had always planned on using the South depot in the AM but it seems like that is going to be the last stop on the way out, thus making already full buses harder to get on.

Am I better off using the East stop in the AM? (we are staying in the RR, hopefully Oak Manor).
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 03-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #823
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Hmmmm....

Based on Venom and Andre's recent posts about the buses, I am confused as to which stop is now considered "better" for AM travel to MK. I had always planned on using the South depot in the AM but it seems like that is going to be the last stop on the way out, thus making already full buses harder to get on.

Am I better off using the East stop in the AM? (we are staying in the RR, hopefully Oak Manor).
There really is no definitive "better" to be honest, it's rather too variable to call reliably. I was of the opinion that South was probably best, but staying in an Oak Manor RGR two weeks ago, we used the East Depot for several MK trips and it worked out very well, we always got on easily. Also, for Oak Manor, East is definitely better to get off at if you happen to get there first, rather than waiting until you get to the South Depot.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 03-07-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #824
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
There really is no definitive "better" to be honest, it's rather too variable to call reliably. I was of the opinion that South was probably best, but staying in an Oak Manor RGR two weeks ago, we used the East Depot for several MK trips and it worked out very well, we always got on easily. Also East is definitely better to get off at if you happen to get there first, rather than waiting until you get to the South Depot.

Andre
Thanks. Maybe we will use the South when we are eating in the food court first and the East for the days we will be going from room right to park and see what happens. I had pretty much planned on always getting off at East no matter what the park/time of day was.

This is the first time in years that we have stayed at a resort with multiple stops (and, I confess, was the main reason we initially chose POFQ over POR).
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 03-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #825
dormouse7899
Earning My Ears

The scent of the beautiful flowers stays with you

I stayed at this hotel a few years back. It was beautiful. My fondest memory is just strolling along the path by the river and smelling the gardenias. It really made you feel relaxed and peaceful.

It stayed with me and a few years later, I even put gardenias in my wedding bouquet to remind me of that peaceful place.

It has a lower key feel than some of the other disney resorts. I highly recommend it.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: