Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #796
asherls
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana Julie
So excited we leave in 9 days for our first visit to POR! Thanks to all for all your posts helping us plan. Probably I will still be checking up until we pull out of drive for more tips.
I'm heading out in 9 days too!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #797
asherls
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmaw

Your welcome Ask to be seated in Neil Auster's section, he is AWESOME and really contributes to the experience. Another tip is ask for the check when your seated, will save a ton of time at the end when everyone is asking for the same thing.
Does Neil only do breakfast?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #798
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

For just a hair over 150.00, I switched my 4 night May reservation from POP to POR.

I just knew I'd be missing POR if I didn't stay there again and since the price difference was so small, I'm going for it.

Let's see - will this be my 5th stay at POR? I'll have to check my ticker.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
Old 03-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #799
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBeMrs View Post
What a great thread. Everyone is so helpful, really made our resort decision easier. Officially staying at POR July 11 -18 for our DFTW and Disneymoon

We get there the day before our wedding, any suggestions on what we should do to relax and unwind before the big day? Any romantic suggestions?
So your wedding is on July 12? We had a Disney Fairytale Wedding on July 12, 2007

We arrived two days before our wedding, but we aren't relaxers, ha! You will have a rehearsal session (or at least we did at the wedding pavilion) the day before your wedding. We then headed out to the parks for the rest of the day and had a rehearsal dinner at Ohana that night. It was so fun! (One tip, if you do go to the parks, wear a strapless tank so you don't get weird tan lines that will show when you wear your wedding dress the next day )
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 03-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #800
SoonToBeMrs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
So your wedding is on July 12? We had a Disney Fairytale Wedding on July 12, 2007

We arrived two days before our wedding, but we aren't relaxers, ha! You will have a rehearsal session (or at least we did at the wedding pavilion) the day before your wedding. We then headed out to the parks for the rest of the day and had a rehearsal dinner at Ohana that night. It was so fun! (One tip, if you do go to the parks, wear a strapless tank so you don't get weird tan lines that will show when you wear your wedding dress the next day )
We're wedding twins! haha

This is why I don't want to do the parks for too long the day we get there. We are having an Escape wedding at SBP so we don't have a rehersal (There will only be 20 people in total including DF and I) We arrive around noon so we're thinking we might just go to Magic Kingdom for a bit, get our APs and see the castle (I'm not in Disney until I see it ) then probably DTD for dinner. Unless anyone else has better suggestions
Old 03-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #801
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Hello all from VIP seating at fantasmic! Very chilly here right now. I believe 56F right now and dropping.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #802
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat1978 View Post
Question on the bus route...does it always stop at the South depot first? Then go West, North then East or vice versa?

I am staying in the mansions and I am trying to figure out which bus stop I should use. South or East.

I am used to values where there is a line at the depot. I am a little afraid of the chaos that might be at the South depot (which I read is the busiest) but if I am never going to get a seat if I go to the East Depot, I might brave the South Depot.
Mk bus to POR is west, north, east, then south depot.

Best bus depot in my opinion to MK is south depot.

As via our trip currently all other parks go to south depot first dropping off and picking up.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #803
AmyandMichael
Mouseketeer

Leaving next week to for our first family trip to Disney. We are getting a Princess room and wondering if we should request anything special or just leave it to luck? Feel free to message me if you have any advice as I dont want to crown this board with another post like this. My daughter will still be recovering from foot surgery(nothing too severe) but will need to rest and we will want to be close to either the cars or restaurant to refill our mugs. Im just wanting to make memories, we will have fun no matter where we are, just want to make sure I cover my bases. Thanks in advance. you are all so wonerful and I am already ready to book our next trip!!!

Read our family's adoption story at www.thechristopherfamily.blogspot.com
Old 03-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #804
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmaw View Post
I don't think they take reservations at POR. These are 2 different experiences. POR if you just want a relaxing nice evening with the family and FW Halloween one if your in for the experience. That would be up to you.
You can (and I guess probably should) book for the carriage ride at POR. They will take walk-ups if there is a slot free, but best not to risk it. Details in the FAQ in the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat1978 View Post
Question on the bus route...does it always stop at the South depot first? Then go West, North then East or vice versa?
It varies by park, some hubs do South>West>North>East, some do West>North>East>South. But even then there is some variation within that scheme based on need at the time, it's all computer co-ordinated these days.

They are also constantly experimenting with alternative options - for example at busy times they have been testing a few buses going South>West>North and then heading straight to the park via a back route, while another bus then enters and does East>South>park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyandMichael View Post
Leaving next week to for our first family trip to Disney. We are getting a Princess room and wondering if we should request anything special or just leave it to luck?
I'd suggest just asking for a room close to the main building. You don't say which category you are booked in? Standard Royal rooms are mostly a bit further away, with River View (and especially Pool View) generally offering the closest rooms for accessing the main buildings.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #805
nickgid
Earning My Ears

Hello, our family will be heading to POR in days!!! These pages have been extremely helpful thanks everyone! We have reserved a preferred room. Any suggestions in any particular floor or room I should request?
Old 03-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #806
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

I've just uploaded updated versions of the floorplan maps based on my research trip a week or two back. I've not finally linked to them yet as I'm still checking the details, but I think they're just about done now:

Floorplan-POR-MagnoliaBend-v1.1.pdf

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-v1.1.pdf

Floorplan-POFQ-v1.1.pdf

The only slight question I have left is which floors/corners feature ice machines in the Magnolia Bend buildings, as somehow I can't work out my notes in a couple of places. If anyone would care to walk three times round the center section of their building and let me know if there are any errors, I'd appreciate it.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #807
SoonToBeMrs
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have any pictures of the king bed rooms?
Old 03-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #808
~Tinkerella
Mouseketeer

Have been off the boards for about a week and catching up. Glad to hear that your little one is doing well now; hope the rest of your vacation is magical!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....it's about learning to dance in the rain!"
Old 03-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #809
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Hello all from VIP seating at fantasmic! Very chilly here right now. I believe 56F right now and dropping.
If it makes you feel warmer, it is 34 degrees with snow blowing sideways here right now.

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #810
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
It hasn't warmed up then. We left on Monday and we were cold those last few days even with pants and sweaters. It was windy too. It made coming home to the zero temps here a little more bearable though

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: