Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #751
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post
Do any of the Royal Guest Rooms have the Murphy Bed? If not, are there any rooms that do have a Murphy Bed that are themed with young children in mind?
The Murphy beds are only in the Alligator Bayou section.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #752
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Do any of the Royal Guest Rooms have the Murphy Bed? If not, are there any rooms that do have a Murphy Bed that are themed with young children in mind?
Sorry, but as the FAQ in the first post says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
  • The 512 Royal Guest Rooms are located exclusively in Oak Manor and Parterre Place and are all fitted with two queen beds (no Kings or fold-down Murphy beds).
All of the rooms with the murphy beds are located in the Alligator Bayou section, and they all have the same decor (although it's still quite fun, if you take a look at the photo in post #5).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #753
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Sorry, but as the FAQ in the first post says:

All of the rooms with the murphy beds are located in the Alligator Bayou section, and they all have the same decor (although it's still quite fun, if you take a look at the photo in post #5).

Andre
Thanks! I read that some rooms had been recently renovated and just wanted to make sure that nothing had changed. Seems like the Murphy Beds would serve a better purpose for young kids in the Royal Guest rooms. :0/

I'm currently booked at AoA but would like to switch to a Mod if Free Dining is offered. Trying to decide between POR RG Rooms or a Pirate room at CBR. The Murphy Bed would have sealed the deal for sure! Not ruling out POR just yet though. :0)
Old 03-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #754
danicaca
Mouseketeer

I'm currently booked at AoA but would like to switch to a Mod if Free Dining is offered. Trying to decide between POR RG Rooms or a Pirate room at CBR. The Murphy Bed would have sealed the deal for sure! Not ruling out POR just yet though. :0)[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, the pirate rooms are really far away from the main building at CBR! That is why we chose a RGR at POR! Plus, our girls are really into princesses right now!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #755
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Thanks! I read that some rooms had been recently renovated and just wanted to make sure that nothing had changed. Seems like the Murphy Beds would serve a better purpose for young kids in the Royal Guest rooms. :0/
However, the royal guest rooms are for occupancy of 4, so they only come with two beds.

AB is for occupancy of 5, so the murphy bed was added in lieu of the previous trundle bed that was on the floor.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #756
just teachin
Earning My Ears

Question

Seriously contemplating a switch from AoA-LM to a POR Royal Guest room for our early June stay. It's likely to be our family's one and only trip to the World (though everyone who I tell that to laughs and says "that's what *you* think!").

I saw that the Royal Guest rooms are housed in buildings 90 and 95-- I'd like to avoid the smoking area... is that something I should put in a request? Any other tips for staying in that area of the resort?

Thanks for helping a newbie!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #757
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by just teachin View Post
Seriously contemplating a switch from AoA-LM to a POR Royal Guest room for our early June stay. It's likely to be our family's one and only trip to the World (though everyone who I tell that to laughs and says "that's what *you* think!").

I saw that the Royal Guest rooms are housed in buildings 90 and 95-- I'd like to avoid the smoking area... is that something I should put in a request? Any other tips for staying in that area of the resort?

Thanks for helping a newbie!
You can ask to be placed in an area where you do not have to walk through the smoking areas.

Depending on what level booking category you pick, some of the RR's can be a bit of a hike. I would choose garden view if you can, and request the Oak Manor. Parterre Place does have some remote rooms at the standard view level, but the garden, waterview and riverview are nicely located.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #758
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by just teachin View Post
I saw that the Royal Guest rooms are housed in buildings 90 and 95-- I'd like to avoid the smoking area... is that something I should put in a request.
All of the buildings and rooms are non-smoking. There are outdoor designated smoking locations dotted around, but they won't affect you in your room at all.

To reduce the amount of walking, the Pool View Royal Rooms are all very well located for easy access to the main building (they are all on the closest side of Oak Manor, except for one room in Parterre Place which is even closer).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #759
just teachin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
All of the buildings and rooms are non-smoking. There are outdoor designated smoking locations dotted around, but they won't affect you in your room at all.

To reduce the amount of walking, the Pool View Royal Rooms are all very well located for easy access to the main building (they are all on the closest side of Oak Manor, except for one room in Parterre Place which is even closer).

Andre
I knew that the rooms were non-smoking-- sorry I wasn't clear. I was referring to the smoking area outside. Would rather not walk through that to get to buses, etc.

Would you go to the main building for buses or to the east depot? I was planning on a garden view Royal Guest room as opposed to a river view Royal Guest room... at least for now!

Thanks for your help!!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #760
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:

Andre
She is referring to walking through smoke designated areas to get to the room.

Many people who have highly sensatized allergies to smoke, even second hand, have issues walking through areas that are smoking areas. Since one may be walking there several times a day, it would be good to have a room where they could avoid them.

Especially people who suffer from asthma.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #761
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Officially paid the trip off today! 52 days to go!

Can anyone explain to me the benefits of checking in online? The website tells me I can do it now, but I'm not sure what the reason to do this would be.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 03-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #762
kmg1107
Mouseketeer

We leave for POR in less than 24 hours! Let's hope this snowstorm doesn't delay us. :-) Can't wait another day to relax at our favorite resort.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #763
cartoon lover
Earning My Ears

thank you Andre! and dansdad! for the advice on the bus system
Old 03-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #764
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
Officially paid the trip off today! 52 days to go!

Can anyone explain to me the benefits of checking in online? The website tells me I can do it now, but I'm not sure what the reason to do this would be.
My experience has been that the on-line check in line at the resort is usually very short if there is a line at all. Last year we arrived at 11:00 and our room was ready for us. I do it because I feel it's one less thing to do(and it gives me something to check off )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmg1107 View Post
We leave for POR in less than 24 hours! Let's hope this snowstorm doesn't delay us. :-) Can't wait another day to relax at our favorite resort.
Have a great vacation!!!
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 03-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #765
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm currently booked at AoA but would like to switch to a Mod if Free Dining is offered. Trying to decide between POR RG Rooms or a Pirate room at CBR. The Murphy Bed would have sealed the deal for sure! Not ruling out POR just yet though. :0)
completely agree that they should have put Murphy beds in the royal rooms. We would love to stay in one, but not enough to pay for 2 rooms.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: