Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #61
Jacqui
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Do you just want adjoining rooms, meaning next to one another with no interior door between them? Or do you want connecting rooms that are next to one another with an interior door connecting the two? I'm only asking so you have a better chance of getting what you really want.

Also, adjoining and connecting rooms are only requests not a bookable category.
And if you want connecting and make your reservation over the phone, do NOT let the cast member tell you they are the same thing. I had two different people tell me that last year. Finally, I had one more call to make and that cast member knew the difference and couldn't believe that the other two had told me they were the same thing!! I followed up with a fax also and our connecting room request was happily granted.

DH DS DD
Old 02-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #62
mtfarlin
Mouseketeer

Room Advice

Will be staying at POR Oct 3-9th. Have booked a standard room for 4 adults and requested a non-royal Mansion room. We mainly will be in the room just for sleeping. Just wondered if it is worth it to upgrade to a Garden Room view or not....any advice would be helpful. Thanks!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #63
desertbloom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfarlin View Post
Will be staying at POR Oct 3-9th. Have booked a standard room for 4 adults and requested a non-royal Mansion room. We mainly will be in the room just for sleeping. Just wondered if it is worth it to upgrade to a Garden Room view or not....any advice would be helpful. Thanks!!
If you are only going to be in your room to sleep then I wouldn't bother getting a garden view. You could spend that money on snacks each day at the parks instead. You're not going to look out your window very much when it's dark out or you're sleeping....
2001 All Star Music
2004 Pop Century
2007 CBR
2008 Wilderness Lodge
2011 CBR
2012 POR Mansions
2013 POR Alligator Bayou

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Old 02-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #64
desertbloom
Mouseketeer

Only 5 more sleeps until I can send over my requests fax. Yay!!! Today I also got the "You're Disney Vacation Is Almost Here" email. I'm so excited.
2001 All Star Music
2004 Pop Century
2007 CBR
2008 Wilderness Lodge
2011 CBR
2012 POR Mansions
2013 POR Alligator Bayou

Old 02-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #65
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertbloom View Post
Only 5 more sleeps until I can send over my requests fax. Yay!!! Today I also got the "You're Disney Vacation Is Almost Here" email. I'm so excited.
I sent mine in the day before yesterday and called to confirm they received them and put them into the Room Assignment Managers box or office and got my email confirmation yesterday morning. That is with almost two weeks away.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #66
mtfarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertbloom View Post
If you are only going to be in your room to sleep then I wouldn't bother getting a garden view. You could spend that money on snacks each day at the parks instead. You're not going to look out your window very much when it's dark out or you're sleeping....

Thanks!!! That is what I was thinking too
Old 02-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #67
tink68
Mouseketeer

Checked into POR last NT and got everything we asked for! Love AB section!

2004 Pop Century, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POR, 2007 Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 Contemporary, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Boardwalk, 2012 POR, 2013 POR
Old 02-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #68
desertbloom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I sent mine in the day before yesterday and called to confirm they received them and put them into the Room Assignment Managers box or office and got my email confirmation yesterday morning. That is with almost two weeks away.
Hmmmn, maybe I should send them in today. I figured 10 days out was too early and it might get lost in the shuffle.
2001 All Star Music
2004 Pop Century
2007 CBR
2008 Wilderness Lodge
2011 CBR
2012 POR Mansions
2013 POR Alligator Bayou

Old 02-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #69
hockeymom3
Mouseketeer

I have to say, I knew were were going, but now that I've booked...I'm super excited!!!

Best part? The kids have NO IDEA yet!!! I'm going to keep it a surprise until at least Easter!! Then they will only have a little over a month to wait.

Now I just have to keep my lips zipped and my mind thinking about how I'm going to Surprise them!!

Second Family Disney Trip April 30 - May 8, 2013 POR
First Family Disney Trip May 2-12, 2009 AKL/WL
Old 02-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #70
stwestrox
Earning My Ears

My son has allergies and our last trip we stayed at AoA; in their quick service restaurant they had 'Baby Cakes' cupcakes available as dessert or snacks. This was fabulously convenient, since we'd get them and give him a small cupcake each day.
Does this place have them or do we need to head over to Down Town Disney the first night and stock up?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #71
theEncode
Mouseketeer

So excited to see the new thread, I had read almost all 250 pages of the last one and now I get to see the entire new thread as it grows! 105 days till we check in and I could not be more excited!!! We are checking into a non-disney hotel the night before POR, but I think I may just try to convince hubby to let us check in to POR that night for a room only stay. We shall see!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #72
desertbloom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom3 View Post
I have to say, I knew were were going, but now that I've booked...I'm super excited!!!

Best part? The kids have NO IDEA yet!!! I'm going to keep it a surprise until at least Easter!! Then they will only have a little over a month to wait.

Now I just have to keep my lips zipped and my mind thinking about how I'm going to Surprise them!!
One year I surprised my dd with a scavenger hunt type thing where the clues eventually led her to a stuffed Mickey and a certificate good for one Disney vacation
2001 All Star Music
2004 Pop Century
2007 CBR
2008 Wilderness Lodge
2011 CBR
2012 POR Mansions
2013 POR Alligator Bayou

Old 02-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #73
Martyboy08
Earning My Ears

Almost down to single digit until our 1st visit to POR!

I was finally able to check-in online today, but the only option I get in Room Requests is asking for a Pack'n & Play Playard. Can't even add something manually.
Anyone with the same problem?

Should I just give up and wait for my 5 days window to send my room request by fax?

Old 02-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #74
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyboy08 View Post
Almost down to single digit until our 1st visit to POR! :yay

I was finally able to check-in online today, but the only option I get in Room Requests is asking for a Pack'n & Play Playard. Can't even add something manually.

Should I just give up and wait for my 5 days window to send my room request by fax?
I'm almost down to the single-hours dance!

Sounds like you were diverted to the old WDW website (did it have the new 'My Disney Experience' link in the top right?). There aren't many more options on the new site to be honest (just upper/ground floors, etc) but it's a little better. I'd just send a fax with your requests in the next few days.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #75
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Yay!!

Doing the single digit dance
9 days to go and we'll be enjoying the Florida sun.

Preparing my fax this weekend to send on Tuesday.
So many things to do in these last days...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: