Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #721
luciagirl
Earning My Ears

hoop dee doo transportation

Hello, I am new to these boards and have found a lot of great information regarding Port Orleans Riverside. So thank you everyone for all the great posts!
I was wondering if anyone has taken the bus service from the riverside to the hoop dee doo? This is our first time staying at Disney and we made a reservation for a 6:15 show. Can we take a direct bus from the riverside or do we have to change buses? I have 2 children and if it is going to take forever or is a nightmare to get to, I just may cancel it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #722
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciagirl
Hello, I am new to these boards and have found a lot of great information regarding Port Orleans Riverside. So thank you everyone for all the great posts!
I was wondering if anyone has taken the bus service from the riverside to the hoop dee doo? This is our first time staying at Disney and we made a reservation for a 6:15 show. Can we take a direct bus from the riverside or do we have to change buses? I have 2 children and if it is going to take forever or is a nightmare to get to, I just may cancel it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
For hoop dee Doo I would take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then take to boat to Ft wilderness. It's not really a big deal and you and the kids will love it.
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #723
webstah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciagirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy View Post
For hoop dee Doo I would take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then take to boat to Ft wilderness. It's not really a big deal and you and the kids will love it.
If you do take the bus to Magic Kingdom and then the boat to Ft Wilderness, pay attention as you get near the Contemporary, the boat will go right over the highway you take to get to MK.
Sept 2010 POR Sept 2011 POR Sept 2012 POR
Sept 2013 POR Nov 2013 POR Aug/Sept 2014 POR

Old 03-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #724
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

you can always take a cab they are not very expensive. The show is great!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #725
gigi from canada
Earning My Ears

POR room

We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside from February 22 to March 3. our were room request was granted. I had requested a river view room in the north section of Parterre. If you are looking for a room nearest to the bridge leading to the main building, this is what you should request. It is the closest room to the bridge. Closer even then Oak manor.

One afternoon we Rented a Surrey bike for four people. Our girls loved it. You just go around the river.

The bus system was not bad. We always took the bus from the north depot nearest the main building. We also had to character breakfasts at the parks prior to park opening. There are buses running very early for the breakfast people.

Although we did not eat supper at the resort, we ate breakfast and a couple of lunches. I recommend the make your own pasta.

This is truly a nice resort Although I feel that housekeeping could have been a little better.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #726
luciagirl
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstah View Post
If you do take the bus to Magic Kingdom and then the boat to Ft Wilderness, pay attention as you get near the Contemporary, the boat will go right over the highway you take to get to MK.
Thanks so much that puts me at ease and thanks for the tip about the boat. I will keep my reservation. Do you know how long it should take to get there. I wouldn't want to be late.

We are getting very excited. I have stayed off site when I was little and always wanted to stay on site...can't wait! The resort looks absolultely beautiful!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #727
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstah

The boat goes right over the highway ?!?!
There has to be a typo in there somewhere.....
Old 03-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #728
holtr727
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28

Nope, and to be technically correct the road goes under the water, kinda a reverse bridge
Old 03-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #729
Roborn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
Actually not a typo. There is a water bridge that spans the road leading from the toll plaza to the MK bus depot. You go under it on the bus and when you come out the CR is on your right.
Fyi there is also a water bridge to drive under on your way from BWI to BC. This connects Crescent Lake to the International Gateway boat dock.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #730
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916chipndale View Post
Does the boat to DTD stop at Riverside first, or FQ?
POFQ is between POR and DTD, so it goes POR, POFQ, then DTD.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #731
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
What r these magic + band trials u talk about?
It is a replacement to the RFID Keys to the world cards. Same technology, but you can wear it as an adjustable wrist band with customizable options like color, having your name on it, being able to swap the inside piece to another bracelet should you choose to change your bracelet. But they will also be coming in the form of key chains, necklace charms, and a few others. All will be waterproof and if they will be available during your stay they will have an option to add this at your My Experience Login site.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #732
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
It is a replacement to the RFID Keys to the world cards. Same technology, but you can wear it as an adjustable wrist band with customizable options like color, having your name on it, being able to swap the inside piece to another bracelet should you choose to change your bracelet. But they will also be coming in the form of key chains, necklace charms, and a few others. All will be waterproof and if they will be available during your stay they will have an option to add this at your My Experience Login site.
but there not using them until the end of this year?

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Old 03-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #733
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

I know this has been asked and answered a million times, but I just booked for our may trip yesterday, and I want to be sure I am clear about something. We booked a king room- I can now request preferred and have a decent shot, right? I know there are king beds in the preferred buildings, just don't remember if those are booked as preferred with king requests, or booked as king with preferred requests...thanks!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #734
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
but there not using them until the end of this year?
They said perhaps summer time, but can be late spring. There is no official info about when they will be released at the moment.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #735
Carlyzmom
AXIOM Crew Member
I see naked people all the time that are NOT pretty

Just wondering if people still decorate their windows in their resort rooms?

And what about Lime Green Mickey Heads?? I don't hear much talk of these either.
1995 Disneyland Hotel - California
1997 Fort Wilderness
1998 Fort Wilderness
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

Me DH DD 13 DS 11
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: