Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #676
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Booked our first POR stay yesterday for November and spent about an hour today reading thru this thread. Not even close to being caught up yet. So much great info! I'm looking forward to reading along as I plan the rest of our trip.
Well congrats to your upcoming trip! Let us know if there is anything you'd like to know. Just ask.

---------------------------------------------

Everyone else it seems our little one is turning for the better. We just went to the food court and she ate a full meal. No sicky. Quiet night up here at he food court.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #677
USS Disney
Military Mouse

Never stayed in a disney resort (good neighbor hotels only) but booked the Port Orleans Royal room for our 1st World visit after telling the Disney Reservation lady we wanted the "Disney-ist" room possible in our budget. Very excited after seeing all the pictures! We will not be going to the park our first day (april 15) so any reccomendations on activities at or near POR?

1997 DLR - 1ST VISIT! ~ 2004 DLR ~
~2007 DLR~ 2009 DLR - PROPOSED!~ 2010 DLR
~2011 DLR~ 2012 DLR - CARS LAND GRAND OPENING!
PENDING 2013 DISNEYWORLD!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #678
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

Venom,
Hope your little one feels better.

Last edited by ellie'smom; 03-04-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #679
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Ok so we are on day two and I got pics and videos of the requested areas only because our little one got food poisoning from "Be Our Guest", the only thing she ate the night before and the Disney referred clinic confirms the Cornish hen was not cooked properly. So today at 3:15 am our little girl started getting sick constantly. Around 4pm she finally was able to eat some grapes and drink some power aide and keep that down. We returned to the room right after where we woke after a nap and she has now been since 12 noon no sick moments just tired. Point being avoid the Cornish hen for now. I had the strip steak and my fiancé had the same and we're fine. I am sorry I have not been on here more today but its been first priority to her and when she was settled down this morning and resting I went out and snapped the photos and vids real quick. PM me if you have more photo requests and ill see what I can do.

Oh also for future guests... If you or someone in your group is not well, they will cancel your dining and tour ressies on that circumstance alone for no charge on the same day. So if your not well they won't force you to keep your same day reservations.
Food poisoning is horrible had it once in Italy. My girls got the stomach bug on our last night our last trip to WDW and on my youngest 1st birthday to top it off. Not fun to be there and miserable. Hopefully she will be able to sleep it off. At least it isn't summer heat which would really wipe you out. Make sure she doesn't overdo it tomorrow if she feels better, take it slow.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 03-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #680
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok so we are on day two and I got pics and videos of the requested areas only because our little one got food poisoning from "Be Our Guest", the only thing she ate the night before and the Disney referred clinic confirms the Cornish hen was not cooked properly. So today at 3:15 am our little girl started getting sick constantly. Around 4pm she finally was able to eat some grapes and drink some power aide and keep that down. We returned to the room right after where we woke after a nap and she has now been since 12 noon no sick moments just tired. Point being avoid the Cornish hen for now. I had the strip steak and my fiancé had the same and we're fine. I am sorry I have not been on here more today but its been first priority to her and when she was settled down this morning and resting I went out and snapped the photos and vids real quick. PM me if you have more photo requests and ill see what I can do.

Oh also for future guests... If you or someone in your group is not well, they will cancel your dining and tour ressies on that circumstance alone for no charge on the same day. So if your not well they won't force you to keep your same day reservations.
Oh no! It's bad enough to see your little girl sick at home, but on vacation! Sorry to hear. Sounds like she is on the upswing. Hope tomorrow brings a well rested, happy girl!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #681
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Everyone else it seems our little one is turning for the better. We just went to the food court and she ate a full meal. No sicky. Quiet night up here at he food court.
Happy to hear that, Venom! Hope you have a great rest of your vacation.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #682
Carlyzmom
AXIOM Crew Member
I see naked people all the time that are NOT pretty

Just wondering if people still decorate their windows in their resort rooms?
1995 Disneyland Hotel - California
1997 Fort Wilderness
1998 Fort Wilderness
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

Me DH DD 13 DS 11
Old 03-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #683
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Disney View Post
Never stayed in a disney resort (good neighbor hotels only) but booked the Port Orleans Royal room for our 1st World visit after telling the Disney Reservation lady we wanted the "Disney-ist" room possible in our budget. Very excited after seeing all the pictures! We will not be going to the park our first day (april 15) so any reccomendations on activities at or near POR?
You could do mini golf at either Winter Summerland or Fantasia Golf Course.
(I believe you get one or two rounds free if you are on the dining plan.)
Old 03-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #684
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

What linens are on the beds? I know a comforter, as we see them in the pictures (and I assume they are the generic stiff polyester that every hotel uses), and pillows. Can someone list from comforter down and a basic description of the items?

And are extras provided in the room or do we have to call for them?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #685
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Oh no!!! I hope the worst is over, and you can all go back to enjoying your vacation.
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 03-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #686
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Venom !!! Wishing the little one all the best (and you too of course) for someone who helps so many karma should be nicer !!! Hope tomorrow on is clear sailing and disney magic !
Old 03-04-2013, 03:23 AM   #687
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
What linens are on the beds? I know a comforter, as we see them in the pictures (and I assume they are the generic stiff polyester that every hotel uses), and pillows. Can someone list from comforter down and a basic description of the items?
Under the comforter there is a sheet and fairly thin blanket. They are, well, sheet-like and blanket-like...

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-04-2013, 05:03 AM   #688
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Venom I am sorry to hear about your little one, I hope she is feeling better.
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
Old 03-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #689
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Looks like things are looking up for the little one. Ready to restart the vacation.

Thank you all showing your support and wishes!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #690
Disneymaddness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looks like things are looking up for the little one. Ready to restart the vacation.

Thank you all showing your support and wishes!
Great news! Enjoy your day!
POR- 7/05, 8/07, 7/11, 5/13, 2/14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: