Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #661
Disneymaddness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Are the buses still that bad if you are getting on it early enough to make it to RD?
Our last few trips were in July/Aug. We always went for rope drop and never had a problem with the buses.
POR- 7/05, 8/07, 7/11, 5/13, 2/14
Old 03-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #662
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Ok so we are on day two and I got pics and videos of the requested areas only because our little one got food poisoning from "Be Our Guest", the only thing she ate the night before and the Disney referred clinic confirms the Cornish hen was not cooked properly. So today at 3:15 am our little girl started getting sick constantly. Around 4pm she finally was able to eat some grapes and drink some power aide and keep that down. We returned to the room right after where we woke after a nap and she has now been since 12 noon no sick moments just tired. Point being avoid the Cornish hen for now. I had the strip steak and my fiancé had the same and we're fine. I am sorry I have not been on here more today but its been first priority to her and when she was settled down this morning and resting I went out and snapped the photos and vids real quick. PM me if you have more photo requests and ill see what I can do.

Oh also for future guests... If you or someone in your group is not well, they will cancel your dining and tour ressies on that circumstance alone for no charge on the same day. So if your not well they won't force you to keep your same day reservations.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #663
msdaisy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch
Ok so we are on day two and I got pics and videos of the requested areas only because our little one got food poisoning from "Be Our Guest", the only thing she ate the night before and the Disney referred clinic confirms the Cornish hen was not cooked properly. So today at 3:15 am our little girl started getting sick constantly. Around 4pm she finally was able to eat some grapes and drink some power aide and keep that down. We returned to the room right after where we woke after a nap and she has now been since 12 noon no sick moments just tired. Point being avoid the Cornish hen for now. I had the strip steak and my fiancé had the same and we're fine. I am sorry I have not been on here more today but its been first priority to her and when she was settled down this morning and resting I went out and snapped the photos and vids real quick. PM me if you have more photo requests and ill see what I can do.
I am so sorry! I feel your pain. My mom and youngest daughter had a stomach bug or food poisoning last year. It was miserable for them. My poor little girl laid her head on the table at Tusker House and ate nothing. She did stand for a few pictures. We went back to the room and let her sleep. We had had many meals at that point so who knows. It could have been something she and my mom ate or just a stomach bug. It is no fun being sick and especially at Disney World! I hope she feels better soon.

2006 Offsite, 2009 Yacht Club, 2010 Offsite, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Old Key West, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2013 First Trip to Disneyland! Embassy Suites North
Old 03-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #664
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Ok so we are on day two and I got pics and videos of the requested areas only because our little one got food poisoning from "Be Our Guest", the only thing she ate the night before and the Disney referred clinic confirms the Cornish hen was not cooked properly.

Oh also for future guests... If you or someone in your group is not well, they will cancel your dining and tour ressies on that circumstance alone for no charge on the same day. So if your not well they won't force you to keep your same day reservations.
Oh no.. I am so sorry to hear that..

It's amazing.. you're having a bad situation and yet you STILL are able to give us advice...

I hope she feels better and it's not food poisoning from chicken..
Old 03-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #665
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:

So sorry!

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
Old 03-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #666
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Thank you all, I am up at concerige right now and POR is not, repeat not selecting my magic+ band trials. Only AKL is doing this at the moment.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #667
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

Well I just bought our $800 plane tickets. At least we don't have to drive this time. Our fares kept going up and up, so I had to finally buy them before it got outrageous. It's already $100 more than it was going to be a month ago. Sheesh. I also have to call and add another day to our reservation....convinced hubby to leave on Sunday instead of Saturday! WOOHOO! 7 FULL days in the parks!

Old 03-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #668
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnowewontgo View Post
Well I just bought our $800 plane tickets. At least we don't have to drive this time. Our fares kept going up and up, so I had to finally buy them before it got outrageous. It's already $100 more than it was going to be a month ago. Sheesh. I also have to call and add another day to our reservation....convinced hubby to leave on Sunday instead of Saturday! WOOHOO! 7 FULL days in the parks!
Yeah 7 days is our current park days with park hopper, we extended from our 6 day package after our little one got sick. But yeah 800 was around what we normally paid also before for airfare. Congrats on your upcoming trip!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #669
kandim
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch
What an terrible thing to happen to her at Disney! Hope that she's up & enjoying the magic soon!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #670
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandim View Post
What an terrible thing to happen to her at Disney! Hope that she's up & enjoying the magic soon!
She is back to sleep trying to sleep it off.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #671
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
She is back to sleep trying to sleep it off.
Hope it clears through her system quickly and she's back to normal tomorrow.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #672
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

To the Wolkowich (hope I spelled that right.) family.

Thank you so much for the gift bag left with Mr Elg, I did receive it at check in and I love everything you sent me. I started on the smarties right away!!!

I actually got a huge smile on my face after seeing this!

Donald
Old 03-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #673
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Hope it clears through her system quickly and she's back to normal tomorrow.

Andre
Thanks Andre, I dropped by your old room during my videos and mentioned that god awful light outside it. I have some things to share with you once I get done with my stay.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #674
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes, they will be re-usable. In fact you can own as many as you like, but you'll only be able to have one of them set as your 'active' band at any given time (you'll be able to switch their status via the My Disney Experience site).

But I'm sure there's still lots more we've yet to find out.

Andre
It seems to me that the best way to make collectable bands is to make the "working" insides transferable so that you could move them from one band to another easily.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #675
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Booked our first POR stay yesterday for November and spent about an hour today reading thru this thread. Not even close to being caught up yet. So much great info! I'm looking forward to reading along as I plan the rest of our trip.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: