Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #646
webstah
DIS Veteran

Booked our dining today. We're 180 days out. August 30th can't come soon enough.
Sept 2010 POR Sept 2011 POR Sept 2012 POR
Sept 2013 POR Nov 2013 POR Aug/Sept 2014 POR

Old 03-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #647
AlexandAndysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
The reports of the bus service worry me as well. I stayed at ASMu and the buses weren't bad because there were designated spots for each park. There was also only one stop for the resort. I also stayed at AKL and that bus picked up KV as well. Those buses were a nightmare.

With 4 stops at POR, it could be a horrendous experience. I am actually debating changing to PORFQ because of it.
We shared the bus with PORFQ a few times. They would pick up there first alot of times. The buses weren't horrid, but it just seemed like chaos that didn't have to be, you know? I mean, even if at the main depot they had the spots separated 1/2 for this park, 1/2 for that park so you would know who you were waiting with would have been an improvement. We did stand quite a few times, but the ride was so short it was fine. This was the first time we have stayed at a Mod, and like I said, it was fine, it was just chaos that didn't have to be.
10/2010 for MNSSHP with DH, DS (8), and DS (3)
4/2011 Surprise Birthday and Graduation Trip!!
2/2013 Baby's First Trip!
2/2014 Cause we can!--And it was FUN!
10/2014 Who doesn't love Trick-or-Treating with the Mouse?!?!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #648
jadephoenixx
Earning My Ears

I'm SUPER EXCITED! Hubby and I will be visiting Disney for the very first time and we had an off-site hotel booked because we couldn't afford to stay on-site. Well, it turns out that with the Spring Offer, POR is the same price as our off-site hotel and rental car! So we cancelled our hotel and car reservation and booked POR! We still have 59 days to go but I've been feeling giddy and doing the happy dance all weekend!!
Old 03-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #649
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstah View Post
Booked our dining today. We're 180 days out. August 30th can't come soon enough.
That's awesome. Im waiting on May 20th to make mine. Seems like its never going to get here....
Old 03-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #650
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
"Notice the holes on the inner surface of the blue MagicBand above? [.. snip ..] Similarly, there seems to be a rumor that charms (think of those plastic charm bracelets from the 80s we all loved yes, I know that theyre coming back) will also be available for purchase. The charms will connect to the Band, but its unclear as of yet how that will work being that the holes are only on the inside in most photographs. Im sure that Disney will have a special Band with holes for the charm bracelet lovers out there."

I just wanted to mention I 'jokingly' mentioned adding pins a few posts back.....
When it comes to ways to make more profit there are no jokes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadephoenixx View Post
I'm SUPER EXCITED! Hubby and I will be visiting Disney for the very first time and we had an off-site hotel booked because we couldn't afford to stay on-site. Well, it turns out that with the Spring Offer, POR is the same price as our off-site hotel and rental car! So we cancelled our hotel and car reservation and booked POR! We still have 59 days to go but I've been feeling giddy and doing the happy dance all weekend!!
YAY FOR YOU!!!!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 03-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #651
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Generally most of the closest rooms are in Oak Manor, however the very best ones are in the northern wing of Parterre Place. I suggest just requesting a room close to the main building rather than requesting either building specifically, as then they can check both options for you. If you do want to request a building, go for Oak (which is also closer for the main swimming pool). The best category to book for easy access would be Royal Room Pool View by the way, as all of those rooms are very close to the bridge over to the main building.

Andre
Thank-you, Andre. My daughter is thinking of naming her baby Andre if she finds out that she's having a boy.

Is there a taxi stand at POR's main building?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #652
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Another thing I just remembered is that you can have multiple magicbands (e.g. if you buy a new themed one later) and you can easily activate new ones via your online account. You will apparently even be able to switch them around if you wish, but only one can be your 'active' band at any given time.

What's the betting that Disney want these things to become the next Vinylmation, with special collectible and limited-edition versions being released before too long?

Andre
Yes, I completely see this being the next big thing in that department. Why have a standard band when you can have a bedazzled, charm filled, character filled, name on the front band? I have yet to read anything confirming that the bands are reusable, has anyone read anything in regards to that? I personally cannot see myself spending the extra money on something that will only be worn just on 1 vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybaud View Post
It'll be just my luck that they will come out the day before our vacation. I'm not necessarily opposed to them and don't want to start a debate here - they get heated quick - but since they are having so many problems with the app and web site, now, I fear many problems once they have everyone up and running. Computers are currently so glitchy!! But, we will make the best of it!
Not debating either , I think they should make the bands optional for the "glitchy" period. I personally would love to try it, but I understand why someone would rather not.
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 03-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #653
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Are the busses still that bad if you are getting on it early enough to make it to RD?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #654
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstah
I see you ALWAYS go in September! We went September last year, but planning on August this time around so we don't take DS out of school...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #655
webstah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I see you ALWAYS go in September! We went September last year, but planning on August this time around so we don't take DS out of school...
Yes, we go the Friday before Labor day every year. Summer is too hot and crowded, and we go with my sister in law and her family. They live in New Hampshire, so the kids never shared any school vacations (NH does theirs the week after everyone else for the most part) and their kids start school in mid August. They have the Friday before Labor day and Labor day off, so they miss 4 days.
Our son is 25 now, and doesn't usually go with us so we don't worry about the school schedule anymore.
Sept 2010 POR Sept 2011 POR Sept 2012 POR
Sept 2013 POR Nov 2013 POR Aug/Sept 2014 POR

Old 03-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #656
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85
Are the busses still that bad if you are getting on it early enough to make it to RD?
We went at the beginning of jan, and always went early....had no bus issues.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #657
volunteeralot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
I can't figure out RD??
I just booked POR for early Feb 2014. I'm getting concerned about the bus issues. We've got a young adult with us who has never been to WDW so I hate to waste time waiting for buses in the morning. Is this a common problem at all times of the day, or just morning?
Old 03-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #658
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by volunteeralot
I can't figure out RD??
I just booked POR for early Feb 2014. I'm getting concerned about the bus issues. We've got a young adult with us who has never been to WDW so I hate to waste time waiting for buses in the morning. Is this a common problem at all times of the day, or just morning?
Rope drop
Old 03-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #659
volunteeralot
Earning My Ears

Thanks ALD! Wasn't in the definition section.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #660
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC423 View Post
I have yet to read anything confirming that the bands are reusable, has anyone read anything in regards to that?
Yes, they will be re-usable. In fact you can own as many as you like, but you'll only be able to have one of them set as your 'active' band at any given time (you'll be able to switch their status via the My Disney Experience site).

But I'm sure there's still lots more we've yet to find out.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: