Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #586
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickman1962 View Post
Just got off the phone with reservations after trying to add my son (18 5 feet 95 pounds so will have no issue with the bed) to the four already on the reservation. The CM told me you can only book five in a room if one of them is five or younger. I have never heard of this, is it true?
Not true. We have 4 adults and one 17 year old booked for July.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #587
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzieheartscindy View Post
Woo hoo! Congrats Bob!!

What time would you recommend getting there to get seats?
I am curious about this as well....what time should we arrive for seats to see Bob?
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #588
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
I love this thread...what a great job Andre and thanks.

We are planning on 11/30-12/7, 2013. I think our first choice is POFQ beacusew of the size but POR seems to haqve so much more to do.

Anyway we will need 2 or 3 rooms for 3 generations that include me, my Dh, dd and her husband, DS and 2 DGS age 5 and 13. I am mobility challenged and will need a scooter. If we go POR I would think we should get preferred room.

We are hoping for some kind of discount. What are your suggestions??? Please help!
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #589
nickgid
Earning My Ears

Hello, we are first timers heading to POR in 33 days. We are staying in a preferred room. Is there at room or building in particular I should request?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #590
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley
The March 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans Riverside are now available. See the main Recreation Activities Schedule page on portorleans.org for full-size PDF versions, or click on the images below.

The outdoor movies will start at 8pm and the daily campfires commence at 6:30pm this month.

Andre
How likely is this schedule to be the same in May? While campfires and movies are not as big as being in the park, there islikely a night or two we will be around and like to do this, and I am an ultra -nerd planner so need to get an idea of which night we might like.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #591
alhurricane
DisDads #733

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Given the ages of the kids, I think you would find staying onsite a lot easier. Those mid-day naps are pretty important, and it's so much easier to do that with an-site hotel, no matter how close the alternative offsite location may appear to be on a map.

One thing to bear in mind is even though you have a car, if you stay offsite you really all need to stay together all the time, whereas staying on-site means you can very easily split up on occasions - perhaps for one parent to take the younger child back to the room an hour earlier, or for one of the adults to stay on a little longer in a park while the other adult takes both kids back for a nap (and swap round the next time). It just gives you a lot more options to get what you want done, while avoiding meltdowns - for both you and the kids! (Quite apart from the obvious bonuses of room charging/shipping, extra magic hours, etc).

Andre
Thanks Andre and to others for their advice!

We have decided to keep our POR reservation. We are going to make the most of our first trip and get the full Disney experience.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:44 AM   #592
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
Anyway we will need 2 or 3 rooms for 3 generations that include me, my Dh, dd and her husband, DS and 2 DGS age 5 and 13. I am mobility challenged and will need a scooter. If we go POR I would think we should get preferred room.

We are hoping for some kind of discount. What are your suggestions??? Please help!
Erm, what do you want suggestions about? Seems like you've got the basics worked out pretty well already (Preferred Location would indeed be a very good idea for you) but I'm not sure what sort of discount you are looking for? Are you a AAA member for example? Or do you plan to get an Annual Pass? Or are you just waiting to see if any special offers come along? www.MouseSavers.com is a great resouce for tracking discount offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
I am curious about this as well....what time should we arrive for seats to see Bob?
Around 8pm should be fine to get a good table -and Bob often walks the room before the show chatting to the guests. But don't worry about turning up later in the evening after leaving a park, Bob always welcomes newcomers - and it's amazing how many friends from your hometown you might find there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgid View Post
Hello, we are first timers heading to POR in 33 days. We are staying in a preferred room. Is there at room or building in particular I should request?
It's hard to say as everyone's ideas and wishes are different. Is there anything in particular that you want to request? It might be worth asking for a garden/bayou view rather than parking lot view (unless you just want to have very easy access to your car).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
How likely is this schedule to be the same in May?
The schedules change monthly. May will most likely have more pool activities and later movie/campfire times though. See last year's May timetable to get a rough idea (they are archived at www.portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #593
TK27
Earning My Ears

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but I can't remember.

Are the RFID wristbands active throughout the resort and Disney? For instance, is this how we'd get into the room, parks, charge our room and use our dining credits? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #594
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK27 View Post
I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but I can't remember.

Are the RFID wristbands active throughout the resort and Disney? For instance, is this how we'd get into the room, parks, charge our room and use our dining credits? Thanks in advance!
The wristbands aren't out yet. Keep an eye on the theme park board as there will be a bazillion threads about it when they are finally spotted...
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 03-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #595
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Here now no RFID bracelets. They are talking late spring right from the senior cast members mouth!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #596
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK27 View Post
Not yet, they will be phased in across property though. I seem to recall AKL might be one of the first hotels to get them? Port Orleans won't be until maybe May time though, although a lot depends on how the final testing goes (it's already been pushed back a month or so). There are still some teething problems with the touch-to-pay terminals for example - and if you only have a wristband, I guess there's no manual 'swipe' backup option any more.

When they do arrive though, if you've pre-registered online they will come already boxed up ready for your whole room - and everyone will have their own individually named bands. Super cute!

Of course, with the probability of no turnstiles any more very soon, I wonder how they'll count people back out of the parks...?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #597
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopdisneymom View Post
Today is the beginning of double digits for our family!! Yay! 99 days!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I am also at double digits; we are 14 weeks out tomorrow - 99 days!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
OK, so ya'll got me curious so I had to check!

96 days for us! I had no idea we were in double digits already!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyMomInOhio View Post
We are at 99 days too! Our trip will start at SeaWorld (6/8) and then onto POR (6/9)!!
Looks like we'll all be there the same week Yesterday (when ya'll posted) we were at 98 days.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 03-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #598
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Here now no RFID bracelets. They are talking late spring right from the senior cast members mouth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Not yet, they will be phased in across property though. I seem to recall AKL might be one of the first hotels to get them? Port Orleans won't be until maybe May time though, although a lot depends on how the final testing goes (it's already been pushed back a month or so). There are still some teething problems with the touch-to-pay terminals for example - and if you only have a wristband, I guess there's no manual 'swipe' backup option any more.

When they do arrive though, if you've pre-registered online they will come already boxed up ready for your whole room - and everyone will have their own individually named bands. Super cute!

Of course, with the probability of no turnstiles any more very soon, I wonder how they'll count people back out of the parks...?

Andre
SafetyMom (Moderator and from the DIS Unplugged) posted that AP holders might be getting them as early as the 20th of this month...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47674762

Not sure if she meant just the ability to have the RFID cards or the bracelets. WDWMagic is reporting the AP holders will be among the first to test out the bracelets

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagi...n-revealed.htm
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 03-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #599
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

I just added requests to my preferred room reservation and one of them was "non parking lot view" But when I got the e-mail verifying the change on my reservation the word "non" is on one line and "parking lot view" is on the following line.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but I'm wondering if I should call back and have them switch it to "garden, bayou or river view please". I'm just afraid if the room assigner sees the phrase "parking lot" and not the word "non" then we will in fact end up right next to the parking lot which is exactly what I do not want.....

hmmmmmm
Old 03-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #600
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Hi all! I am subscribing to this thread. Our next trip isn't planned yet. We need to do a budget trip next time and probably an All Star but I'm hoping there will be some sort of promotion where we can stay at POR. DH wants to stay in a Royal Room. He thinks those beds look awesome. It's just the two of us and we usually get a king and I realize those rooms don't come with a King but it appears that the upcharge for the Royal room is close to what the surcharge is for a King so possibly we can swing it.

Has anyone stayed in the Royal Rooms? Were the beds as cool in person as they look? I plan to do some searching but thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks! Hope to learn alot and can join in more!

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: