Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #571
jtink60
Mouseketeer

I was wondering if there is an added charge for the rooms with murphy beds. We will have people in the room. Thanks
Old 03-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #572
jtink60
Mouseketeer

Sorry, that was supposed to say 5 people in the room.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #573
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

We just checked in and let me tell you what. I already knew this resort was beautiful but the room I got was as requested all request granted of course.

But:
1. There is a quarter sized tear in the comforter in our royal room.
2. There is a coffee tray by the tv had a layer of dust all around it like it never gets moved, and someone checked out of it right before we got here.

But other than that the room was great. Heading now to Guest Relations to mention the comforter issue so we don't get billed. Pics will come soon. If you have requests of anything particular needing pics of PM me and I will see what I can do if its not terribly out of my way.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #574
pens4821
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtink60 View Post
I was wondering if there is an added charge for the rooms with murphy beds. We will have people in the room. Thanks
I have a question about these rooms too. Is there room for an air mattress? Debating between 2 value rooms, or one room here. Going to be 4 adults and 1 child though, so it will probably be too cramped at POR.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #575
nonstopdisneymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtink60
My understanding is there is not an extra charge as long as the guest consist of 2a and 3c. I think any extra charge is only incurred if there are more than 2 adults in the room.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #576
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Besides a PP who had a bad experience at CSR, has anyone else stayed at CBR and POR before? Why do you think POR is better?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #577
GoofyMomInOhio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens4821 View Post
I have a question about these rooms too. Is there room for an air mattress? Debating between 2 value rooms, or one room here. Going to be 4 adults and 1 child though, so it will probably be too cramped at POR.
We put a twin sized air mattress by the door (between bed and door) and just propped it up during the day.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #578
GoofyMomInOhio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I am also at double digits; we are 14 weeks out tomorrow - 99 days!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
OK, so ya'll got me curious so I had to check!

96 days for us! I had no idea we were in double digits already!
We are at 99 days too! Our trip will start at SeaWorld (6/8) and then onto POR (6/9)!!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #579
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Tomorrow is the day I plan on booking our November stay at POR.

Is there anything I should put on our original reservation? We want the Mansions and I'm think we'd like Magnolia building. We're doing standard view and I was thinking 2nd floor (feel free to convince me of a different location.) Is there anything else we should not on the reservation at the time of booking?
Maybe request "Magnolia Bend, close to bridge"? That way maybe you will get lucky and get one of the rooms in the midsection of the resort, facing the river, vs one of the ones at the very back of the building? We just booked this week for our November trip too! So exciting!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #580
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Besides a PP who had a bad experience at CSR, has anyone else stayed at CBR and POR before? Why do you think POR is better?
Have stayed at both. Really liked CBR very relaxing, would do it again. POR though does have bigger beds, elevators (mostly) and the boat to DTD. The staff at both where lovely and the buses are about the same. If there is a word to describe CBR it would be lush.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #581
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie'smom

Have stayed at both. Really liked CBR very relaxing, would do it again. POR though does have bigger beds, elevators (mostly) and the boat to DTD. The staff at both where lovely and the buses are about the same. If there is a word to describe CBR it would be lush.
Oops! I realized I typed the wrong initials...I meant CSR...BUT that's good to know about CBR too because I'm completely undecided at the moment as to which moderate to book for our summer trip!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #582
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch
Checking in everyone. Hope you all are having a great Friday!!!
Having a great Friday! Hope your vacation is starting exactly like you'd planned!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
Old 03-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #583
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickman1962 View Post
Just got off the phone with reservations after trying to add my son (18 5 feet 95 pounds so will have no issue with the bed) to the four already on the reservation. The CM told me you can only book five in a room if one of them is five or younger. I have never heard of this, is it true?
No, it's not true. You can actually book five adults if you like - but you do need to be made aware of the size of the extra fold-down bed (63"). And also remember the additional-adult surcharges, which can add up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtink60 View Post
Nope, no extra charge for five people as long as at least three of them are kids (i.e. 17 or under). However in any room type there is a $15 per adult per night supplement for any more than two adults (i.e. aged 18+).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens4821 View Post
I have a question about these rooms too. Is there room for an air mattress?
Yes, you can fit a single (a.k.a. twin) air mattress inbetween the bed and the entrance door. You can prop it up against the wall during the day.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #584
asherls
Earning My Ears

Hi all! I'm new to this thread and it has been very helpful! Only 2 weeks and a few hours till we head out to FL! Getting so excited! it's my parents and me and my two girls and all I have left to do is figure out a surprise for my oldest daughter for while we are there. Can't wait to get to POR and relax.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #585
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Oops! I realized I typed the wrong initials...I meant CSR...BUT that's good to know about CBR too because I'm completely undecided at the moment as to which moderate to book for our summer trip!
Have stayed in CSR ( a year and a half ago) as well. Liked it the least. Found the set up to be convoluted. We booked preferred and it was not convenient to anything. Main pool was pretty far from main building so getting a refill on your mug was a hassle. The staff was sub -par to down right rude. CSR has a lake but nothing happens on it, no kids activities, no boats , no anything. Even the on site dining was unimpressive. The Maya Grill's food wasn't very good . The quick service staff was the worst. One example was a woman asked a cook in one of the stations a question and the cook ignored her. When the woman asked the cook the question again the cook took her spatula pointed to the sign and went back to the grill.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: