Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #511
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Question about the laundry room:

Is there a change machine or do I need to remember to grab a roll of quarters from the bank before we leave.

Thanks!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 02-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #512
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
Thanks... it's sort of a solo trip
I am desperately trying to get the Wishes Dessert Party for Sat night because he's never done it before.

I am desperately trying to get a time on sat April 27th. April still isn't open yet

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #513
kandim
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella

Is there a change machine or do I need to remember to grab a roll of quarters from the bank before we leave.

Thanks!!
There's a change machine & soap machine. The laundry facilities were bright, clean & very nice so I didn't mind doing laundry so much!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #514
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandim View Post
There's a change machine & soap machine. The laundry facilities were bright, clean & very nice so I didn't mind doing laundry so much!
Awesome! Thanks! (a roll of quarters can weigh a ton when you are already pressing the 50 lb limit on your suitcase )
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~

Old 02-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #515
Angiea1114
Mouseketeer

I have become addicted to this thread (and the previous) since I joined just a little bit ago!!!
This will be our first visit to POR, but we have previously vacationed at CBR, ASMu, and POP. We are arriving April 2nd!

Unfortunately we had many problems booking a reservation and finally have that all solved. I needed to get a few things cleared with our reservation before I felt comfortable putting in a request. We will have two rooms booked, 4 adults, 2 teens, one 12 yr and a 5 yr old! Originally, when we booked I asked for AB so we could get a pull down bed, since I thought we'd be more comfortable (but it never got noted on the reservation).

Am I right in saying that these rooms have less storage becasue of the pull down? If so, I definitely don't want that!

My biggest concern is that we willl have my in laws with us and they both have knee problems. They both do walk and only my FIL occasionally uses a cane, which I anticipate he will use on this vacation. They like to go to the food courts and get coffee etc in the am well before the rest of us are up and ready to go! What would be the best way to "word" my request, so I can hopefully get something close to accomodate them??? We are presently booked in a garden view room. At this point, I am not to picky except for something close by for them??

Also, we have not checked in online (due to problems with reservation process) or anything yet!

thanks!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #516
kandim
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angiea1114 View Post
I have become addicted to this thread (and the previous) since I joined just a little bit ago!!!
This will be our first visit to POR, but we have previously vacationed at CBR, ASMu, and POP. We are arriving April 2nd!

Unfortunately we had many problems booking a reservation and finally have that all solved. I needed to get a few things cleared with our reservation before I felt comfortable putting in a request. We will have two rooms booked, 4 adults, 2 teens, one 12 yr and a 5 yr old! Originally, when we booked I asked for AB so we could get a pull down bed, since I thought we'd be more comfortable (but it never got noted on the reservation).

Am I right in saying that these rooms have less storage becasue of the pull down? If so, I definitely don't want that!

My biggest concern is that we willl have my in laws with us and they both have knee problems. They both do walk and only my FIL occasionally uses a cane, which I anticipate he will use on this vacation. They like to go to the food courts and get coffee etc in the am well before the rest of us are up and ready to go! What would be the best way to "word" my request, so I can hopefully get something close to accomodate them??? We are presently booked in a garden view room. At this point, I am not to picky except for something close by for them??

Also, we have not checked in online (due to problems with reservation process) or anything yet!

thanks!
i, too, have become addicted to this board!
we returned on 2/13 from a wonderful 10 day stay at POR, it was everything we had hoped for! I had booked garden view but have a knee injury, too, so i simply took Venomhatch's fax template, added in that i had a knee injury & requested to be close to the main building & 1st floor if in AB. Shortly after I sent it, I received a response that my request was granted. We were in building 14 - a very short trip to the food court - and it was perfect!! I didn't find the storage to be too bad, but it was just me & my adult daughter.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #517
jgraney106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post

Thanks!!
Personally I would grab a couple rolls. One for laundry and the other one for the toll booths. Rental car companies are always trying to sell that toll card opinion!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #518
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraney106 View Post
Personally I would grab a couple rolls. One for laundry and the other one for the toll booths. Rental car companies are always trying to sell that toll card opinion!
No rental car for us but thanks!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #519
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Also addicted to this thread (as anyone who reads it regularly I am sure has noted)

Must be the healthiest addiction going for you though
Old 02-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #520
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angiea1114 View Post
We will have two rooms booked, 4 adults, 2 teens, one 12 yr and a 5 yr old! Originally, when we booked I asked for AB so we could get a pull down bed, since I thought we'd be more comfortable (but it never got noted on the reservation).

Also, we have not checked in online (due to problems with reservation process) or anything yet.
The best way to guarantee to get a close building is to alter your booking from Garden to Preferred Location, but if that is not an option then just explain that your in-laws have mobility issues and cannot walk very far. This should be noted in your original booking first, but DISer Venomhatch has created his own fax template for requests (see the third post in this thread) and if you fax then I suggest you include that basic detail, but make your message as personal as you can (and don't make it too long).

AB storage is a bit tighter than Magnolia Bend, but honestly it does look worse than it actually is. Both sections only have three drawers, but the AB ones are slightly narrower and are located under the fold-down bed. There is more shelf space in AB to compensate though, and both sections have a large hanging rail within the curtained-off vanity area.

Online checkin is definitely worth doing, especially now that they have the new 'Mobile Lobby' tablets which CMs can use to check you in without you even needing to go to the desk - it was really quick for us, they just looked us up on the system and gave us our pre-prepared packs. Do that before you send any faxed requests though.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 02-27-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #521
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

How is the main pool for little kids? 6 and 2. I know CBR's has a zero depth entry area...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #522
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
How is the main pool for little kids? 6 and 2. I know CBR's has a zero depth entry area...
Fine, there's a separate children's pool right next to the main one. The main pool has two 'stepped' entry areas, although not zero-entry.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #523
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
So if you choose to have them get your luggage, it doesn't even make it to the carousel? For some (stupid) reason I picture a couple of Disney employees standing around the carousel grabbing everyone's luggage. Lol
That was always the visual I had too

We live in SC, so we normally drive, but a few years ago my mom and sister flew down from Pittsburgh and met us. They took DME and used the luggage tags. We were staying at POFQ (not Riverside,) and their DME bus arrived around 5:00. Around 8:00 my mom's bags arrived, but not my sister's. There was so much confusion as to why only half the bags had come. My sister was so upset trying to get ready for bed without all her stuff. Finally, at almost 1:00am, her bags arrived. So they did come, but it wasn't exactly 'smooth.' This was about 5 years ago, so things may have changed since then, but I just wanted to share.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #524
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Does POR have breakfast pizza in the Riverside Mill? I know they used to and then got rid of it. I see it I buffet menus at other TS restaurants. Was hoping they had it back!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #525
Izzieheartscindy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn

That was always the visual I had too

We live in SC, so we normally drive, but a few years ago my mom and sister flew down from Pittsburgh and met us. They took DME and used the luggage tags. We were staying at POFQ (not Riverside,) and their DME bus arrived around 5:00. Around 8:00 my mom's bags arrived, but not my sister's. There was so much confusion as to why only half the bags had come. My sister was so upset trying to get ready for bed without all her stuff. Finally, at almost 1:00am, her bags arrived. So they did come, but it wasn't exactly 'smooth.' This was about 5 years ago, so things may have changed since then, but I just wanted to share.
Last year we packed our essentials and one set of clothes for everyone in our carry bags. I also had that "what if" mentality and doing that made more comfortable with at least two outfits as opposed to one. We will do the same again this year but from what I've heard the positive reviews far outweigh those that have had negative experiences. And some of those were the airline's fault...

As with everything in life, nothing is 100% guaranteed but you have to give it a shot to see if it works.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: