Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #496
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85
I have a question about ME....they say they get your luggage. But what if you want to take the ME and get your own luggage? The whole idea of them getting it for me makes me so nervous.
No problem. Just don't put the yellow luggage stickers they provide on it, and it'll be sent to the baggage carousel like normal. You can pick it up then go to ME and stow it on the bus.
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #497
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
Wow, thanks for the reminder to post while there. I don't leave until april but never thought to keep posting when I am there. I will diff do that now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
To everyone about to leave- safe travels and don't forget the live posts if you can!!
(And feel better quickly Venomhatch!!)
Thanks, Yeah if anyone needs detailed photos of certain areas let me know through PM I will try my best to cover the grounds since we will be there a lot in the next few days.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #498
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
So my company tried to screw with my vacation. I was supposed to be tacking this trip on the tail end of a conference for work in Orlando. I was going to drive down and have the company reimburse me for mileage. This would allow me to have my car with me at the resort.

Well yesterday, I get notified that the company is NOT sending us to the conference this year. I was ticked. My boss told me to make sure I still took my vacation (which I was going to anyway, as I've already paid for over half of it.) But it meant I couldn't drive without taking an extra vacation day.

So, I looked up airfare and got a r/t flight for $138!!! WAHOO!!! So now I get to enjoy DME and while I won't have a car, I'll still have my vacation!!

I can't wait to visit POR!!!!!!!
Congrats that is awesome I am so happy for u! So u going alone?

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Old 02-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #499
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
No problem. Just don't put the yellow luggage stickers they provide on it, and it'll be sent to the baggage carousel like normal. You can pick it up then go to ME and stow it on the bus.
I have never had an issue with them in the past getting our luggage. Ever.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #500
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Preferred buildings

Sorry about so many questions-just trying to figure it all out. We booked preferred. Are all 4 of the preferred buildings close to the main building/pool and bus stop?? I have spent a lot of time looking at Andre's amazing map and I am just wondering if there really is a big difference between building 14 and the other preferred buildings in terms of distances? Should I request a certain building?? Or does top floor, non-parking lot view good enough and leave it up to the room assignment team knowing we are in preferred and will be close to everything anyways (assuming all preferred are close)
Old 02-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #501
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
Congrats that is awesome I am so happy for u! So u going alone?

Thanks... it's sort of a solo trip

I have a friend I haven't seen in 7 years coming up from Ft. Laud to spend Fri night, sat, and Sun morning with me. I am desperately trying to get the Wishes Dessert Party for Sat night because he's never done it before. Then Monday a new friend from Tampa is coming in for the day. Plus, I hope to see someone from the boards that I spent 'One More Disney Day' with last year.

So it's a no-so-solo solo trip this time!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #502
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Thanks, Yeah if anyone needs detailed photos of certain areas let me know through PM I will try my best to cover the grounds since we will be there a lot in the next few days.
I'll let you know what I forgot once I've been through them all. But I do seem to have over 25GB of image files in my POR and POFQ folders from this trip, plus some video! Gulp! Shame we didn't manage to find time to meet up in the end, maybe next trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
Are all 4 of the preferred buildings close to the main building/pool and bus stop??
Yes, that's the whole point of them. The closest distance from any Preferred room to the food court door is 55 yards, while the longest is 250 yards. To the South bus stop the min/max walks are 170 and 435 yards. Building 14 is the closest, but honestly none of them are that far.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #503
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I'll let you know what I forgot once I've been through them all. But I do seem to have over 25GB of image files in my POR and POFQ folders from this trip, plus some video! Gulp! Shame we didn't manage to find time to meet up in the end, maybe next trip?

Andre
Yeah I had been super busy and tired. But yeah maybe by then I can move up so I can afford to disappear from work and reappear after done with no worries lol.

But let me know what was missed if anything. Taking both my cameras and pack of lenses.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #504
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita

So if you choose to have them get your luggage, it doesn't even make it to the carousel? For some (stupid) reason I picture a couple of Disney employees standing around the carousel grabbing everyone's luggage. Lol
Old 02-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #505
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
So if you choose to have them get your luggage, it doesn't even make it to the carousel? For some (stupid) reason I picture a couple of Disney employees standing around the carousel grabbing everyone's luggage. Lol
Correct. The luggage with yellow tags (DME luggage) is put on a different tram when unloading from the plane. The luggage is then taken to a warehouse-type area where it is loaded on to box trucks (I think) and taken to the different resorts.

Regular luggage goes on another tram and makes it to the carousels. Hope this helps.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
Old 02-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #506
Izzieheartscindy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85
I have a question about ME....they say they get your luggage. But what if you want to take the ME and get your own luggage? The whole idea of them getting it for me makes me so nervous.
You can absolutely do that. Don't put the yellow tags on your bags and get them yourself when you land. You can load them into the storage area of the ME bus.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #507
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick

Correct. The luggage with yellow tags (DME luggage) is put on a different tram when unloading from the plane. The luggage is then taken to a warehouse-type area where it is loaded on to box trucks (I think) and taken to the different resorts.

Regular luggage goes on another tram and makes it to the carousels. Hope this helps.
That makes me feel better. Thank you!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #508
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
That makes me feel better. Thank you!
F.Y.I. I've used DME 3 times and have never had a problem with them getting my luggage to my room. It may take a couple of hours to get there, but it's there.

I always make sure to use a TSA approved lock and if I have anything of importance (medication, camera, etc) I put that in a small carry on.

I've also had no issues with it getting to the airport on my return flight.

Just trying to easy any concerns you have over letting them handle your luggage.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #509
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers

F.Y.I. I've used DME 3 times and have never had a problem with them getting my luggage to my room. It may take a couple of hours to get there, but it's there.

I always make sure to use a TSA approved lock and if I have anything of importance (medication, camera, etc) I put that in a small carry on.

Just trying to easy any concerns you have over letting them handle your luggage.
Thank you!!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #510
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post

Quote:
Thank you!!
Yeah cant support the TSA lock thing enough. But I back the DME they have never had an issue with our either in the past. I being a CM at one of the resorts have never had an issue with DME and luggage and if one came in with any damage they bring it to our attention immediately.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: