Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #3691
Mommy Poppins
Admitted Disneyholic - No Cure Wanted
Dreams of tag fairies and pretty colors
Will be spending my birthday at the WL

We are thinking of staying at PO Riverside in September before DH heads to Afghanistan. We will be with our three kids, DD17, DS14 and DS11, as well as our nephew and great-nephew (DN4--who will turn 5 on his first trip!).

My question is are the Royal Rooms very "girly"? I think they look neat, but with 3 boys in the group don't want them to be overwhelmed by "girliness"!

Or, if I just book a garden view room, can I request AB--would that be better for boys??

Would like to be near the main building and main pool, if possible.

Thanks!

Our Vow Renewal 5/1/06 - Family Trip 9/2013 & Senior Pictures
Old 05-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #3692
msdaisy
Mouseketeer

I am so excited! I just finished up typing my room requests so that it is ready to fax next Tuesday! I kept changing it, so hopefully this last edit will work like a charm. I am so thankful for you guys. I would have never in a gazillion years thought of making any sort of request at a disney resort. I know it's no guarantee, but how fun is it to dream!

This will be our first stay at POR, and we get to experience both a preferred room in Alligator Bayou and a Royal Room Garden view so we are going to have the best time - I'm sure of it! The only thing I have left to do is pack and print boarding passes.

I am a little sad. I want it to get here already, but I don't want it to be over. My husband says that the only cure for Disney depression is to start planning the next one!!!

POR, here we come!!!!!!

2006 Offsite, 2009 Yacht Club, 2010 Offsite, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Old Key West, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2013 First Trip to Disneyland! Embassy Suites North
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #3693
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdaisy View Post
My husband says that the only cure for Disney depression is to start planning the next one!!!
Very smart man!
Old 05-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #3694
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy Poppins View Post
We are thinking of staying at PO Riverside in September before DH heads to Afghanistan. We will be with our three kids, DD17, DS14 and DS11, as well as our nephew and great-nephew (DN4--who will turn 5 on his first trip!).

My question is are the Royal Rooms very "girly"? I think they look neat, but with 3 boys in the group don't want them to be overwhelmed by "girliness"!

Or, if I just book a garden view room, can I request AB--would that be better for boys??

Thanks!
I didn't find them exceedingly "girly", they weren't pink or glittery or anything. I would describe them as regal.

Here's a great panorama to give you better idea:

http://www.portorleans.org/gallery-POR-Royal-Rooms.php

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 05-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #3695
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:

Thanks!
How many are in your group? If its 5, you will be in the AB section since that is where the daybed (formerly trundle bed is). The RRs don't have them. If its more than than 5 you will need 2 rooms.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 05-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #3696
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdaisy View Post
This will be our first stay at POR, and we get to experience both a preferred room in Alligator Bayou and a Royal Room Garden view so we are going to have the best time - I'm sure of it
If you have deliberately made two consecutive bookings (such as one for AB Preferred and then one Royal Room immediately afterwards) do make sure you let them know this is what you want in your fax. Otherwise, it's possible they may catch your two bookings and try to extend one into the other to help you avoid switching rooms.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #3697
msdaisy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

If you have deliberately made two consecutive bookings (such as one for AB Preferred and then one Royal Room immediately afterwards) do make sure you let them know this is what you want in your fax. Otherwise, it's possible they may catch your two bookings and try to extend one into the other to help you avoid switching rooms.

Andre
We had to add a day to front of trip. We booked that one night through orbitz, and they had no royal rooms available so we went with preferred. To be honest, checking into Royal Room from get go would be great so we didn't have to check in and out. But, I think that will be the case because we have room only through orbitz then a package through disney with dining plan for another 9 nights.

2006 Offsite, 2009 Yacht Club, 2010 Offsite, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Old Key West, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2013 First Trip to Disneyland! Embassy Suites North
Old 05-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #3698
rquebral
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1984

I took a picture of the bus number, license plate and got her name. I did complain at the front desk who thought it was horrible too and got the manager who also thought it was odd and wrote down the time, bus number, and my number to give to the bus managers. The bus driver told us when the bus was empty back at MK that she "wasnt thinking".

We were the only ones. There were about 10 people on the bus only who got on at MK. All got off at W/N/E stops. I got up and asked her about South as she was leaving (still on resort property at security gates) as I naturally assumed she'd go to South until I saw her turn towards French Quarter and she said she wouldn't be going to south cause the bus was full from the N/W/E stops (it wasn't). Then I said "We got to get off, you picked us up at MK." Then she just said we'd have to ride to MK again. I'm glad the resort found it unusual and wrong also though and I did not get ugly with them because it wasn't their fault of course, and hopefully something is done.
Sounds like WDW may need to step up the drug testing.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #3699
Brooksie13
Earning My Ears

Honeymoon Excitement

66 Days Till we check in for our honeymoon so excited. Now I just need to tell the DH to be
Old 05-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #3700
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy Poppins

Thanks!
I am not an AB person, but I just felt compelled to answer your post.

Do garden view, request AB and close to pool.

I think the "downtime" around the pool with the ages of your children and the memories will be priceless. AB will be quieter.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #3701
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksie13 View Post
66 Days Till we check in for our honeymoon so excited. Now I just need to tell the DH to be
This made me laugh! Have a great time.
We check into a Royal Room in 70 days. We may see you there.
Congrats to you!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #3702
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post

You can check-in as early as 7 am when the computers roll over and get your tickets, etc. Your room may not be ready. You can do online check-in, indicate you will be there early and they will give you the first available room. If you have requests, I would just wait and check-in there.

There is a late check-out, but housekeeping will have to approve it and you won't know until the morning of check-out; there is a fee for doing so and it is done based on availability.
We just checked out on Friday May 17 and requested a late checkout the night before, at about 10:40 pm. It was given cheerfully with no charge until 1pm the next day, and our key cards were deactivated at 1:20, so a little bit of grace time too.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #3703
caa1277
American by birth............Grumpy by choice!

I just got my room request fax typed up and printed out. What fax number do I send it to? The only one I see listed is here on the main page. Fax it to that one or another one?

Thanks!
DIS Dad's Club Member #122

Me DW DS(17) DD(13)

July 2007-Pop Century; June 2009-Pop Century; June 2011-Caribbean Beach; June 2013-POR
Old 05-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #3704
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
It was *royal*. Purples, blues, golds. There are pictures of princesses. There are also pictures of princes. The faucets, etc, are "golden" like in a palace. There's also Aladdin theming, and some of the non-human-or-beast characters from Beauty and the Beast. It wasn't girly, unless you just can't handle pictures of princesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caa1277 View Post
I just got my room request fax typed up and printed out. What fax number do I send it to? The only one I see listed is here on the main page. Fax it to that one or another one?

Thanks!
If you look further down under "Can I request a particular location or room type?", the number given there is the same fax number given at the top of the first post. So...yep, that same number.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 05-23-2013, 12:55 AM   #3705
caa1277
American by birth............Grumpy by choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
If you look further down under "Can I request a particular location or room type?", the number given there is the same fax number given at the top of the first post. So...yep, that same number.
Thanks! Just wanted to make sure!
DIS Dad's Club Member #122

Me DW DS(17) DD(13)

July 2007-Pop Century; June 2009-Pop Century; June 2011-Caribbean Beach; June 2013-POR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: