Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #3676
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1984 View Post
I am PISSED. Who can I report a bus driver too? We got on at Magic Kingdom. The bus driver only went to 3 stops, skipped south, refused to go back, and made us ride all the way back to MK. Making us extremely late for dinner. No announcement. Nothing.
PM me everything Ill see what can be done.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #3677
hb9131
Earning My Ears

Wondering about Disney Quest... Got our vouchers with the Mickey Mail. Do they ask for ID? Our names are on the vouchers. Can they only be used for the dates listed on them?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #3678
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb9131 View Post
Wondering about Disney Quest... Got our vouchers with the Mickey Mail. Do they ask for ID? Our names are on the vouchers. Can they only be used for the dates listed on them?
Off topic but I can confirm they do check IDs.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #3679
zaz
Mouseketeer

Tinkerbell1984: same thing happened to us inApril...I thought it was a coincidence...my poor mom ended up up throwing up in ziploc bags and being miserable the whole double ride ( she has motion sickness)... Pretty bad! I hope your complaint gets resolved.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #3680
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
I am PISSED. Who can I report a bus driver too? We got on at Magic Kingdom. The bus driver only went to 3 stops, skipped south, refused to go back, and made us ride all the way back to MK. Making us extremely late for dinner. No announcement. Nothing.
I'd be mad too, what if you'd been due to do something urgent soon such as an airport pickup? Anyone can make a mistake, but to not rectify it when notified is ridiculous. You could complain to guest services, or ask to speak to a manager at one of the bus control booths at the parks. Did you manage to get details of the bus and driver? There must have been a number of people inconvenienced by his actions. Did he give any reason why he wouldn't turn back?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-22-2013, 03:24 AM   #3681
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yikes!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #3682
tinkerbell1984
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

I'd be mad too, what if you'd been due to do something urgent soon such as an airport pickup? Anyone can make a mistake, but to not rectify it when notified is ridiculous. You could complain to guest services, or ask to speak to a manager at one of the bus control booths at the parks. Did you manage to get details of the bus and driver? There must have been a number of people inconvenienced by his actions. Did he give any reason why he wouldn't turn back?

Andre
I took a picture of the bus number, license plate and got her name. I did complain at the front desk who thought it was horrible too and got the manager who also thought it was odd and wrote down the time, bus number, and my number to give to the bus managers. The bus driver told us when the bus was empty back at MK that she "wasnt thinking".

We were the only ones. There were about 10 people on the bus only who got on at MK. All got off at W/N/E stops. I got up and asked her about South as she was leaving (still on resort property at security gates) as I naturally assumed she'd go to South until I saw her turn towards French Quarter and she said she wouldn't be going to south cause the bus was full from the N/W/E stops (it wasn't). Then I said "We got to get off, you picked us up at MK." Then she just said we'd have to ride to MK again. I'm glad the resort found it unusual and wrong also though and I did not get ugly with them because it wasn't their fault of course, and hopefully something is done.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #3683
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
she said she wouldn't be going to south cause the bus was full from the N/W/E stops (it wasn't).
The only thing I can think of (and it's still no excuse from your point of view) is that she had already called in to say she had a full bus, and another bus had thus been scheduled to pickup at South, so she had been directly routed to the MK. If she then went to South, she'd have to disappoint a lot of people waiting there with a mostly-full bus. Still no excuse though if you told her while still within Port Orleans grounds.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #3684
mcever4
DIS Veteran

I have an early ADR in MK Sunday at 8:10am. What time should I catch the bus to MK and which bus stop would be best to get on the bus? I was thinking the south depot???

Robin

Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #3685
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcever4 View Post
I have an early ADR in MK Sunday at 8:10am. What time should I catch the bus to MK and which bus stop would be best to get on the bus? I was thinking the south depot???
South Depot at around 7am should be sufficient I'd have thought.

Andre

Old 05-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #3686
Wonderwoman1982
Mouseketeer

Mickey Mail, Staying at POR

I'm checking in, in 22 days! I still haven't received any packet with luggage tags, etc.. Is this normal?? I tried to search the DIS for info, so as not to repeat questions, but I didn't do it right, because nothing showed up, so I apologize for possibly re-repeating the same questions as others!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #3687
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwoman1982 View Post
I'm checking in, in 22 days! I still haven't received any packet with luggage tags, etc.. Is this normal?? I tried to search the DIS for info, so as not to repeat questions, but I didn't do it right, because nothing showed up, so I apologize for possibly re-repeating the same questions as others!
I always get mine about 3 weeks before, so it should be any day now.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 05-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #3688
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb9131 View Post
Yes, they do check ID's.

And the vouchers are good through the length of your stay, until midnight on check-out day.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #3689
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheletenor View Post
Hi everyone - we arrive in 17 days for our first POR trip...I saw a few posts where people asked about taxis at the resort, but I either missed the response or there haven't been any yet...so I'll ask for myself too! I'm thinking there won't be taxis waiting outside but guest services can call for one? Can a POR PRO answer this for me?
Last time we were there, we called for a taxi from our room, by the time we got to the front they had already come and gone. The folks out front had the taxi back in a couple minutes. So you might as well wait until you get to the front and let them call them for you.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #3690
jroof13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwoman1982 View Post
We arrive in 24 days and just got a phone call from our TA (AAA) that it arrived today! Should be any day now.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: