Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #3661
micheletenor
Earning My Ears

Cabs revisited...

Hi everyone - we arrive in 17 days for our first POR trip...I saw a few posts where people asked about taxis at the resort, but I either missed the response or there haven't been any yet...so I'll ask for myself too! I'm thinking there won't be taxis waiting outside but guest services can call for one? Can a POR PRO answer this for me?
Old 05-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #3662
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheletenor View Post
Hi everyone - we arrive in 17 days for our first POR trip...I saw a few posts where people asked about taxis at the resort, but I either missed the response or there haven't been any yet...so I'll ask for myself too! I'm thinking there won't be taxis waiting outside but guest services can call for one? Can a POR PRO answer this for me?
YOu will often see taxis right out front, but if there isn't, see Guest Services right at the front door and one will miraculously appear!

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #3663
illuminatedillusions
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg013 View Post
The safes are very small, and definitely not large enough to fit a laptop. They're really only big enough to hold a few small things, like a wallet, cell phone, and camera. I didn't try, but I'm not even sure if my Kindle would have fit in the safe.
Thanks. No laptop then

Quote:
Originally Posted by danetter View Post
The safes can hold more than you think.. Last year I took my nook, and my kids took their ipods. We put my wallet, my husbands wallet, my set of keys and husbands set of keys, 2 ipods, and my nook.
Cool, I will mainly be using it then for home wallet (full of Euros!) passport, tickets, documents, mobile during the day and ipod
Sept 2014 - Solo at Cabana Bay Beach
Old 05-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #3664
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

Ipad in safe?

What about Ipads? Will they fit?
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 05-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #3665
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Here now and so far it's been ok. Our flight was great, we even arrived early! I did online check so when we got to the resort I only had to wait about 5 mins for someone. A cast member came up to me with an iPad, and said she would check me in. It was quick and easy, I just had to reset my pin cause it did not take when I did it online. Once that was all taken care of she said our room wasn't ready but we would be in bldg 38 in AB. Now I did not fax in a request but I did call one in (its always worked in the past for me). I requested Magnolia Terrace (bldg 85) and 2nd floor room. I'm not going to lie I was disappointed. I was really looking forward to those beautiful mansion rooms, so I asked for a switch. I asked if there was anyway I could get a mansion room instead. The cm looked at me and said well you would have to upgrade your room. I replied that I did not want an upgrade just a garden view room in one of the mansions bldg if possible. She seemed a bit annoyed as she walked off but she did find a solution. Five minutes later she came back and said she had a room for us in a mansion (bldg 80) and that it was ready. I was so happy!!!! BTW the walk from the bldg to the food court took us about 5 mins with a stroller.

When we got to the room everything was great except that there was 1 still wet towel by the sink area from the previous guest. Our floor is on the 1st floor and I'm ok with that. The grounds are beautiful. It's been storming on and off since we got here so I haven't really been exploring yet.

Also for those of you who have been asking about the safe I took some pics for you! I just need to figure our how to insert them using my phone.
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 05-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #3666
webstah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
The safe dimensions are

13 25/32in wide
9 41/64in high
3 35/64in deep

Access door is
11 13/16in wide
8 17/64in high
Sept 2010 POR Sept 2011 POR Sept 2012 POR
Sept 2013 POR Nov 2013 POR Aug/Sept 2014 POR

Old 05-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #3667
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC423 View Post
I requested Magnolia Terrace (bldg 85) and 2nd floor room. I'm not going to lie I was disappointed. I was really looking forward to those beautiful mansion rooms, so I asked for a switch. I asked if there was anyway I could get a mansion room instead. The cm looked at me and said well you would have to upgrade your room. I replied that I did not want an upgrade just a garden view room in one of the mansions bldg if possible. She seemed a bit annoyed as she walked off but she did find a solution. Five minutes later she came back and said she had a room for us in a mansion (bldg 80) and that it was ready.
That is why I wouldn't use on line check in if I had a request I really wanted. They have to go back and void the packet they have already set up and start the reservation over. Which kind of defeats the purpose of the on line check in line--to be quick.

I'm really looking forward to your pics. I love POR, it is such a beautiful resort.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #3668
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I was able to put my iPad, both my kids iPod touches and my keys in the safe.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
Old 05-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #3669
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
That is why I wouldn't use on line check in if I had a request I really wanted. They have to go back and void the packet they have already set up and start the reservation over. Which kind of defeats the purpose of the on line check in line--to be quick.
They can do that very quickly. Probably took them longer to reset the PIN (can't believe the online process is still losing that info!) than it would have to change the room, if the CM hadn't had an attitude about it.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 05-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #3670
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

We'll be there very soon and I am so excited!!!

Can't wait to get there...

Carla
Old 05-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #3671
Caseystigger

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Put mine in there last year with the keyboard case I have as well as my wallet and cell phone.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #3672
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC423 View Post
Here now and so far it's been ok. Our flight was great, we even arrived early! I did online check so when we got to the resort I only had to wait about 5 mins for someone. A cast member came up to me with an iPad, and said she would check me in. It was quick and easy, I just had to reset my pin cause it did not take when I did it online. Once that was all taken care of she said our room wasn't ready but we would be in bldg 38 in AB. Now I did not fax in a request but I did call one in (its always worked in the past for me). I requested Magnolia Terrace (bldg 85) and 2nd floor room. I'm not going to lie I was disappointed. I was really looking forward to those beautiful mansion rooms, so I asked for a switch. I asked if there was anyway I could get a mansion room instead. The cm looked at me and said well you would have to upgrade your room. I replied that I did not want an upgrade just a garden view room in one of the mansions bldg if possible. She seemed a bit annoyed as she walked off but she did find a solution. Five minutes later she came back and said she had a room for us in a mansion (bldg 80) and that it was ready. I was so happy!!!! BTW the walk from the bldg to the food court took us about 5 mins with a stroller.

When we got to the room everything was great except that there was 1 still wet towel by the sink area from the previous guest. Our floor is on the 1st floor and I'm ok with that. The grounds are beautiful. It's been storming on and off since we got here so I haven't really been exploring yet.

Also for those of you who have been asking about the safe I took some pics for you! I just need to figure our how to insert them using my phone.
Thank you for posting your check in experience. We also booked a GV and are hoping for bldg. 85, upper floor (in October). I have the request on our reservation (I think, but made with AAA so it doesn't show up in MDE), and I have been wondering about online check-in process and if that will get looked at. I don't think it's worth the fuss of faxing in the request too, but I too would prefer a mansion room over AB. Enjoy your stay!

TBD ~ August 2015
CSR October 2013, POR October 2013

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
Old 05-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #3673
Wismgari
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
Thank you for posting your check in experience. We also booked a GV and are hoping for bldg. 85, upper floor (in October). I have the request on our reservation (I think, but made with AAA so it doesn't show up in MDE), and I have been wondering about online check-in process and if that will get looked at. I don't think it's worth the fuss of faxing in the request too, but I too would prefer a mansion room over AB. Enjoy your stay!
I think it is worth faxing a request - certainly can't do any harm! I was there last month and faxed my request in - I asked for top floor, quite close to the main building and with a pretty view (I had paid for gv) - I got top floor, garden view in building 27 - an upgrade to preferred! I was very grateful for the pixie dust and it was definitely worth the 15 minutes of my time it took to write and send the fax
Old 05-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #3674
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Andre PM Sent
Old 05-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #3675
tinkerbell1984
Mouseketeer

I am PISSED. Who can I report a bus driver too? We got on at Magic Kingdom. The bus driver only went to 3 stops, skipped south, refused to go back, and made us ride all the way back to MK. Making us extremely late for dinner. No announcement. Nothing.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: