Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #3631
mrg013
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know who would be the best person to contact after a trip to compliment a particular CM at POR? We had an excellent housekeeper on our trip, who we thought really went above and beyond the norm for housekeeping, based on past experiences both at WDW and elsewhere. I wanted to write a letter complimenting her, but I'm not sure who to send it to.

I asked about it at the front desk and was given a business card for Guest Communication Services, which seems like a pretty general office for just any communication with WDW. I'm wondering if that's the best place to send my letter, or if there is someone at POR who would be better to send it to, in order to make it more likely that the letter actually gets back to the housekeeper's supervisor.
~*December 2004- Dolphin*~
~*Christmas 2006- Wilderness Lodge *~
~*March 2008- All-Star Sports*~
~*May 2013- Port Orleans Riverside*~
Old 05-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #3632
mousefan73
DIS Veteran

That would be very nice of you.

My mom used be in the Service/cleaning industry and chatted up our housekeeper during our last trip. We had a sweet lady from Korea.

They HAVE to work their ***** off. My mom was shocked on how many rooms they have to do and what they deal with. Also noticed that not every guest is also curtious and respectful in how they upkeep their rooms. We noticed how many bagged comforters there were in the walkways ( anotherwards, MANY accidents). I have Kids and I know accidents happen but I found it alot for the short time we were there. I assume parents are extra- hydrating their Kids and then not waking them up from the bus ride home to pee.. and it's the housekeepers that take care of this mess.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #3633
mcever4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
They have little containers of cream cheese at the bagel counter/bakery area on the left!
Anyone know what the cost for these would be? Wondering if I should just stop and buy some cream cheese on our way in. DS can't live without a bagel in the mornings!

Robin

Old 05-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #3634
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Leaving tomorrow!!

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you! This is a great thread, and I've learned so much from here.
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 05-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #3635
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg013
Does anyone know who would be the best person to contact after a trip to compliment a particular CM at POR? We had an excellent housekeeper on our trip, who we thought really went above and beyond the norm for housekeeping, based on past experiences both at WDW and elsewhere. I wanted to write a letter complimenting her, but I'm not sure who to send it to.

I asked about it at the front desk and was given a business card for Guest Communication Services, which seems like a pretty general office for just any communication with WDW. I'm wondering if that's the best place to send my letter, or if there is someone at POR who would be better to send it to, in order to make it more likely that the letter actually gets back to the housekeeper's supervisor.
Definitely contact them. You will be very pleased by both the e-mail and phone responses; it is far from a Central Call Center.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #3636
illuminatedillusions
Earning My Ears

Anyone know the size of the safes? Thinking of bringing my laptop but not sure if I should if it will not fit.

I brought an old one to the Royal Pacific two in 2011 and it didn't fit so I locked it into my suitcase! Didn't bring it last year as didn't need it...
Sept 2014 - Solo at Cabana Bay Beach
Spring 2015 - Solo at Disneyland Paris
Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #3637
mrg013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Definitely contact them. You will be very pleased by both the e-mail and phone responses; it is far from a Central Call Center.
Thanks! I'll definitely contact them! I just wanted to make sure that wasn't a place where the letter would get lost in a sea of other communication.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #3638
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcever4

Anyone know what the cost for these would be? Wondering if I should just stop and buy some cream cheese on our way in. DS can't live without a bagel in the mornings!

Robin
Figure anything in a disney store is about 40 % than a regular local store near you or a regular store on your way.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #3639
mrg013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatedillusions View Post
Anyone know the size of the safes? Thinking of bringing my laptop but not sure if I should if it will not fit.

I brought an old one to the Royal Pacific two in 2011 and it didn't fit so I locked it into my suitcase! Didn't bring it last year as didn't need it...
The safes are very small, and definitely not large enough to fit a laptop. They're really only big enough to hold a few small things, like a wallet, cell phone, and camera. I didn't try, but I'm not even sure if my Kindle would have fit in the safe.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #3640
splashmtnfan
Mouseketeer

We weren't charged three of the times we got them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcever4 View Post

Robin
I think we were charged 50 cents once a couple of years ago but the other times there was no charge!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #3641
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
First time at POR. With fd couldn't book preferred only garden view. Going Oct. 18-27. We have an almost 3 year old and a 9 and 12 year old. I'm renting a stroller so I will have one at POR with me. I don't care if we have a second floor without elevator. I do care about how far away from main building I could be. I had some cms say 15 min walk others say 5. The bus stops at 4 places if not sharing with FQ-is that a big prob waiting? Is there a pool for tots there? Or anything like a splash pad (stayed at pop 4 years ago and they had the water squirting up play area). I'm sure we will love it there but little freaked out about not knowing. I can see me lost finding my room lol
Free dining in October? When/how did you get that? PIN? I have not seen such a promo.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Old 05-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #3642
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post

Free dining in October? When/how did you get that? PIN? I have not seen such a promo.

It's a PIN that's been going out the last couple of weeks.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #3643
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post

I saw on here one night the fd pin codes that were out. I checked my email and nothing. I do usually get pin codes much so I called in. The pin was attached to my name
Old 05-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #3644
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg013 View Post

Believe it or not, the guest services email address works great for situations like this. We had a CM at CBR go above and beyond a couple trips ago so I sent off an email to guest services with all the details. They replied within 2 days thanking me for taking the time to compliment the CM and to say my email has been forwarded to the CM's manager and a copy placed in his file. Word from a couple CMs in our extended family, that a "kudos" letter/email from a guest placed in their file is a big deal.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #3645
emlibs1mom
Earning My Ears

9 days!!!
9 days!!!
9 days!!!
I can't wait!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: