Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #3436
OurLittleFamily
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmtnfan View Post
POR is our home resort also... but we SPLURGED last July for three nights at Beach Club and LOVED it!!! We will certainly do it again... but only for SHORT trips as it is a bit pricey... but the POOL was UNBELIEVABLE... THAT trip was a strictly RESORT stay... we did not go to the parks! We stayed there after returning from a cruise and just wanted to try a Deluxe! LOVED being able to RELAX at the pool... walk around to the BoardWalk! SO much to see and DO without even hitting the parks! We road the boat... we took a bus to DTD... we ate at several resorts and took the monorail to one of our ressies... we LOVED just RELAXING!!!
If you take a shorter trip I would certainly recommend BC!
We have annual passes so we're thinking of going for on a shorter trip next year for our anniversary (in addition to the longer January and October trips) Maybe we'll try Boardwalk or Beach Club then. It's really just to location that we love since we spend a lot of time at Epcot. But we LOVE the feel of POR (and relly don't mind the buses at all) so it's a tough decision for us!
OurLittleFamily is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #3437
zabache
DIS Veteran
 
zabache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjourney View Post
Please tell me if this is correct. The rooms do not have a microwave but you can request one?
They don't have one in the room but there are some you can use through out the resort according to what a cm told me. I asked this question in case I needed to heat up something for my toddler while we are there. I hope I'm correct.
__________________
1985-off property, 1st trip ever at 5 yrs old1993-off property
2004-off property-1st trip with DH & DD 6 months2007-off property-2nd trip with DD, 3 yrs old
2009-off property-3nd trip with DD, 6 yrs old
August, 2013-POR, 1st Trip with DS! Pics of or trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99425

April 19-26, 2014 POR in a Royal Room!Pics of Trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99421#
December 18-23, 2014 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
zabache is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #3438
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjourney View Post
Please tell me if this is correct. The rooms do not have a microwave but you can request one?
Microwaves are not in the rooms; I don't know if you can still request them or not - if you still can, they are very few and far between.

There are microwaves for use in the food court. They are open at 6 am and stay open until 11 pm.
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #3439
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer
 
MISSYLEXI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
Hi just a quick check in. We arrived at 1100 Monday. They are having lots of glitches and problems. Online check in line was empty but regular check in was very long. No one greeting when we arrived. The CM who checked us in was very unfriendly and not pleasant. Told us we got connecting rooms, but they were not ready. I asked what building we were in and was told we do not give out building info or room numbers. There are 2 royal room bulidings you will be in one of them. You will get a text when they are ready. You won't whose room it will be until you try the door with your room key. Also told room won't be ready until probably 4 or 5. Told they don't give birthday pins out if we want them ask at the park. This was the only CM like that everyone else since has been over the top friendly and amazing.

We went to the MK. 5 pm still no text. We returned, no apology but rooms were ready a long time ago. Told the CM never put in text request. Last night found out there was a system glitch and more than half those checking in did not get their texts.

We got all our requests. 2nd floor, connecting rooms, close to bridge. Couldn't be more happy when we saw our rooms. I know it is listed as garden view but we look at the river in Oak manor. The movies are right outside our room. I know people say it is spread out but main building, pool, and the mansion bus stop are all very close. We cut through our building to get the car or bus. We can hear the pool dj but no boqt horns or the movies from in our rooms. Royal rooms are really cute and fun.

Pool was amazing. Went for about an hour yesterday. The girls didn't want to leave. I think they hit that slide at least 20 times. Even the promise of dinner with the princesses wasn't enough to get them out.

Had a major glitch will fill in later off to eat breakfast.
Sorry to hear about your bad first day. Hope the rest goes smoothly.

I do have a few questions. You say you have royal rooms that are connecting and garden view. Can you tell me a little more about the rooms. Is it queen size beds? How far to the bus stops? Also what bldg number and what room numbers they are. We are going in Oct and have royal rooms with garden view but were told that they do not have "connecting royal rooms". We really want connecting rooms so this info would be very helpful when I send in my fax request. Thanks in advance.
__________________
1996-DIXIE LANDINGS (HONEYMOON)
2000-HOUSE OFF-SITE
2003-POR
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
MISSYLEXI is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #3440
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears
 
SkywayGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
Hi just a quick check in. We arrived at 1100 Monday. They are having lots of glitches and problems.
The Disney website had major outage as well, and was down for most of the day last weekend. They must've been having system-wide IT problems. I feel sorry for the CM. Maybe she was frazzled but it would have been considerate if she would have just admitted to all the computer problems!

Hope your week is going well!
SkywayGuy is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #3441
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears
 
SkywayGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODY13 View Post
Has anyone on here booked a room online instead of calling? How did it go?
I booked on-line. It was fine. You have to poke around a bit to find the discounts. The only thing that was confusing was when it came time to pay the balance due, there was no easy or obvious way to do that. You can "check in" online and leave a credit card number but that doesn't pay the balance due. They did not send me follow-up email either. So I called, talked to a real person, gave them my CC number and Bobs-Your-Uncle we're all set! I was able to add a few preferences by calling that weren't available through their on-line system as well.
SkywayGuy is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #3442
Buddy18
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 109

Disney worker watched child porn at work while writing sermon, deputies say

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#se.../p2p-75926201/
Buddy18 is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #3443
ferret42
Earning My Ears
 
ferret42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 24

We were in connecting royal rooms, river view in oak last month. Had four rooms across the front first floor. Three two on the left connected and the two on the right connected.
__________________
Family trip Off property, March 1980 ~ Family trip Poly March 1983, Family Thanksgiving trip with Grandpa along, Contemporary Nov. 1984 ~ Family trip Grand Floridian April 1991 ~ Girl Scout trip Off property, June 1991 ~ Mom/Daughter Trip, Dixie Landings May 1994 ~ Mom, Dad and Me Disney Institute, Thanksgiving 1997 ~ Disneyland for one day, Oct 2002 ~ Fort Wilderness family Thanksgiving trip Nov 2003 ~ Pop Century birthday trip, Feb 2005 ~ Pop Century Honeymoon, May 2011 ~ Port Orleans with the inlaws, Bug's first trip! April 2013

ferret42 is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #3444
natter
Mouseketeer
 
natter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buckeye State
Posts: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI View Post
Sorry to hear about your bad first day. Hope the rest goes smoothly.

I do have a few questions. You say you have royal rooms that are connecting and garden view. Can you tell me a little more about the rooms. Is it queen size beds? How far to the bus stops? Also what bldg number and what room numbers they are. We are going in Oct and have royal rooms with garden view but were told that they do not have "connecting royal rooms". We really want connecting rooms so this info would be very helpful when I send in my fax request. Thanks in advance.

If you go to this link http://www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php and click on the REDbuildings on the map (Mansion/Royal Rooms) it will give you a layout of the buildings, room #s, and their views. There are also pictures of the royal rooms on that site.
__________________
DH Me DS(20) DS(16) DS(5)


natter is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #3445
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkywayGuy

I booked on-line. It was fine. You have to poke around a bit to find the discounts. The only thing that was confusing was when it came time to pay the balance due, there was no easy or obvious way to do that. You can "check in" online and leave a credit card number but that doesn't pay the balance due. They did not send me follow-up email either. So I called, talked to a real person, gave them my CC number and Bobs-Your-Uncle we're all set! I was able to add a few preferences by calling that weren't available through their on-line system as well.
You cannot pay online with room only, just packages. It sounds like you had a room only, since you tried to pay at online check-in. Payments for packages are due at 45 days before check-in and you can pay anytime you want online.

You leave a credit card at online check-in in order to charge at the resort, not pay off a balance. Online check-in should really be called pre-registration.

Lastly, your requests are supposed to be on your reservation. Online check-in is not meant for making requests.

Hope that helps clear up the confusion.
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #3446
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer
 
MISSYLEXI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by natter View Post
If you go to this link http://www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php and click on the REDbuildings on the map (Mansion/Royal Rooms) it will give you a layout of the buildings, room #s, and their views. There are also pictures of the royal rooms on that site.
Thank you. I have looked at those. But they do not show connecting rooms and I was told by a CM they do not have them for the royal rooms. But if people are getting them I would like to know the room numbers so I can possibly request them.
__________________
1996-DIXIE LANDINGS (HONEYMOON)
2000-HOUSE OFF-SITE
2003-POR
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
MISSYLEXI is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #3447
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer
 
MISSYLEXI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret42 View Post
We were in connecting royal rooms, river view in oak last month. Had four rooms across the front first floor. Three two on the left connected and the two on the right connected.
Thank you. I will mark that on my copy of the room layout maps.

But we have garden view rooms so any help will be greatly appreciated!!
__________________
1996-DIXIE LANDINGS (HONEYMOON)
2000-HOUSE OFF-SITE
2003-POR
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
MISSYLEXI is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #3448
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI

Thank you. I have looked at those. But they do not show connecting rooms and I was told by a CM they do not have them for the royal rooms. But if people are getting them I would like to know the room numbers so I can possibly request them.
You do not want to request specific room numbers because the room assigner will not know why you want it or the room will not available that you are looking for. You will end up in some other part of the resort.

Make your only request connecting and they will try to honor your request, but it is not guaranteed.

While threads like this can be good, it can also set. People up for unrealistic expectations. In the end, if you read the fine print, all Disney owes you is a room on property.
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #3449
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 44,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Lastly, your requests are supposed to be on your reservation. Online check-in is not meant for making requests.

Hope that helps clear up the confusion.
You can quite easily make request choices while doing online checkin. We checked the box for corner room when doing it and got just that. Didn't make any other sort of request in our booked category. When we were doing our online checkins, each resort had different categories based on the resort and, I assume, what category was booked. Quite lovely, actually.
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #3450
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

You can quite easily make request choices while doing online checkin. We checked the box for corner room when doing it and got just that. Didn't make any other sort of request in our booked category. When we were doing our online checkins, each resort had different categories based on the resort and, I assume, what category was booked. Quite lovely, actually.
The latest info from CM's is that if you have requests on your ressies, do not do online check-in, and pick the categories that come up, because it will trump your original requests.

Those choices do not always come up on online check-in based on each resort.

However, they will try very hard to get you into your booking category; however that is still not guaranteed.
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: