Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #3391
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears

Mint Julep?

Does anyone know if they serve a Mint Julep at the Muddy Waters pool bar? I'm not really a drinker, but it sounds lovely to sip one in the open air by the pool.

I've often said that waiting is one of the hardest things to do in life. Right now, I just want to be done with work, and out on the open road headed to POR!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #3392
Princess Vespa
Mouseketeer

I will be faxing a room request to just ask for 2nd floor with a good view. I paid for the preferred room - since I want to be close to the transportation since we will be relying on the buses. We are not traveling with children this time, girls only. Leaving the kids and husbands at home!! Spending my 40th birthday doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour!!!

I will be asking for late check out on the day we leave since our flight home is not until 7pm. Is this something that I should ask when I check in or is it OK to include in the fax? 2nd floor to limit the noise. I usually request 1st floor since I don't want anyone under my children (and trust me, no one wants to be under my kids - not really the quiet, gentlest of children ) I don't really have much to request, so maybe I don't even need to send a request.

I am just so excited to be in WDW for my actual birthday . I did this instead of having a party. 16 more days!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #3393
Cobern
DIS Veteran

We are here now the grounds are gorgeous as is the lobby. We were not granted ANY of our requests and told they would not move us . We have 2 kids under 3 so I waned to be closer tot he cross bridge to and from the food court and main bus depot (royal room Riverview). I asked for Oak and was put in PP . Note to anyone who parks and has a riverfront room it is near impossible to find a direct path from parking lot to room without stairs or just plain out of the way. Our room was not ready at checkin so we went to DTD to feed the kids ad burn off steam. They were supposed to send a text and never received one came back at around 4 (almost 5 hours later) after talking to another family on the boat and they had never received a text either. Turns out the system was not working right but the girl at checkin did not seem to care when I mentioned this to her.

Everyone has been super friendly and the kids are really enjoying themselves. At AK today all the rides and meet and greets were basically walk ons . At MK last night we walked right on Little Mermaid and used FP for the princesses and Mickey and waited just a few minutes for each!

Overall we are having a great time but I doubt I will stay at this resort again
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 05-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #3394
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkywayGuy View Post
Does anyone know if they serve a Mint Julep at the Muddy Waters pool bar? I'm not really a drinker, but it sounds lovely to sip one in the open air by the pool.

I've often said that waiting is one of the hardest things to do in life. Right now, I just want to be done with work, and out on the open road headed to POR!
Bet they can make you one. Awesome bartenders there...make a killer bloody mary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
We are here now the grounds are gorgeous as is the lobby. We were not granted ANY of our requests and told they would not move us . We have 2 kids under 3 so I waned to be closer tot he cross bridge to and from the food court and main bus depot (royal room Riverview). I asked for Oak and was put in PP . Note to anyone who parks and has a riverfront room it is near impossible to find a direct path from parking lot to room without stairs or just plain out of the way. Our room was not ready at checkin so we went to DTD to feed the kids ad burn off steam. They were supposed to send a text and never received one came back at around 4 (almost 5 hours later) after talking to another family on the boat and they had never received a text either. Turns out the system was not working right but the girl at checkin did not seem to care when I mentioned this to her.

Everyone has been super friendly and the kids are really enjoying themselves. At AK today all the rides and meet and greets were basically walk ons . At MK last night we walked right on Little Mermaid and used FP for the princesses and Mickey and waited just a few minutes for each!

Overall we are having a great time but I doubt I will stay at this resort again
If you are Riverfront on Parterre are you on the side closer to Oak Manor because you are close to the 2nd footbridge that comes out near the lobby area. We were in Oak Manor RR and used that footbridge most of the time. Seemed just as quick. Granted you aren't as close to the pool like if you were in the non Royal Mansions, but still convenient. Riverfront rooms are the FURTHEST from parking, yes they are!

We used the bus depot near the General Store to go to the parks and got off at the East Depot in the evening. That was a bit more of a hike, but a lovely one at that!

Old 05-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #3395
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

I just got back from a 7 night stay (May 4-11th) at POR in a Royal Room.

I requested 2nd floor, corner room and close to the main building. I got all requests but close to main building. I was in room 9235 (gardenview) and it was in the north wing of Oak Manor. It was only a 5 min walk so not as close as I hoped (south wing of Oak Manor or north wing of Pantree (sp?)) but not far by any means.

If I sat at my table, and looked out the window I could see the river. It was a great location, also close to the East bus stop which is the one I used the most. Only one bus I had to wait 25 minutes for (I think it was an MK bus) and half the time I had to stand and half the time I got to sit. At the end of the night at the parks, they always had two buses come at a time so the wait wasn't bad.

The only thing that went wrong for me was the person who was previously in my room set the refrigerator to 5 which froze my milk. So the first morning I had to eat dry cereal. So check the temp on your refrigerator!! I was able to de-frost my milk and eat regular cereal from the 2nd morning on.

I got three towel animals. The mickey head on the bed, an elephant who was wearing my minnie ears and an easter basket.

The resort was beautiful, although I didn't explore much as I am a parks person. I ate in the food court twice, the first time I got a burger which was way over cooked and dry. The second time I got a cajun chicken burger which was not spicy at all but I was very happy that it was an actual chicken breast not a mechanically seperated and put back together chicken breast which I really don't like. I also had the magic cookie bar which was very yummy.

I didn't end up booking the bounce back because I am not sure I can convince my mom to come with me for my birthday in Nov and I don't want to go alone. And just a note for those wanting to book the bounce back, your check in date needs to be on a day the bounce back is available (I didn't know this). For the dates I wanted I would have to book a 4 day package at regular rate (although a discount could come out) and then a 7 night room only BB.

I would definetely stay at POR again.

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14/ CI Dec 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

Old 05-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #3396
tinkerbell1984
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Which is exactly why I keep advising people not to send faxes to any specifically named individuals. Don't worry though, I'm sure they will have set something up for faxes to be dealt with by someone else in the department while he's away.

Andre
Thanks, I just copied the template from the first page here and it says:

"Attn: Room Assignment Manager (David Elg)"

Then updated with my info and request.

No worries though, hopefully if we are on 2nd floor in Bayou we can just asked to be moved...No way we can haul 2 small kids and a huge stroller up the stairs several times a day...Esp since I'm the only adult other than my mom with a bad shoulder!
Old 05-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #3397
photos_101
Mouseketeer

I just booked a standard view Royal Room for July/Aug. They told me the views from the room would be mainly parking lot and roof tops. lol
With that said, What requests should I try to make when doing online check in? The view isn't really a factor for us. Basically 3 adults and a 17yo. Our main concern is being able to access the food court quickly and easily.
I was offered a garden view for about $40more but declined.
Any advice?
thanks.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #3398
Viking Princess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_101 View Post
I just booked a standard view Royal Room for July/Aug. They told me the views from the room would be mainly parking lot and roof tops. lol
With that said, What requests should I try to make when doing online check in? The view isn't really a factor for us. Basically 3 adults and a 17yo. Our main concern is being able to access the food court quickly and easily.
I was offered a garden view for about $40more but declined.
Any advice?
thanks.

As I recall, you can't make any requests about where you are in the resort during online check-in, just where you are in a building. (eg. Top or Bottom Floor, Corner Room or Not) Any requests beyond that must be made a week in advance.

4/1998 Port Orleans Riverside • 5/2011 Offsite • 3/2012 Offsite • 5/2013 Offsite Port Orleans Riverside
Old 05-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #3399
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to post a little happy dance since I've been so busy with the school year wrapping up that I haven't been on here much lately! We are 25 days out! Started our Disney Countdown poster at 30 days out. Got our Mickey Mail at around 35 days out! So exciting!!! Finishing out the school year with my first graders is making the time FLY!!!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 05-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #3400
justthe2ofus
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jack View Post
We have my 4 yr old DS signed up for the Pirate Adventure Cruise on our upcoming trip. (LEAVE IN 8 DAYS!! ) I'll report back in on how it goes. From what I've read it sounds like the kids have a great time. I'm hoping my DS will love it!
Thanks. I can't wait to hear how your DS enjoys it. Enjoy your upcoming trip!!!! I wouldn't be able to sleep if I were leaving in 8 days. I'm so excited I am having difficult time sleeping now and we don't leave until 27 days...
Old 05-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #3401
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Princess View Post
(eg. Top or Bottom Floor, Corner Room or Not) Any requests beyond that must be made a week in advance.
And I think 'Corner' may not remain in the requests list for too long either, as currently everyone requests it and there are only so many corners to go round...!

Requests should first and foremost always be made in your original booking reservation, which can then be supplemented with a fax message a few days before check-in.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 05-14-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #3402
justthe2ofus
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
And I think 'Corner' may not remain in the requests list for too long either, as currently everyone requests it, and there are only so many corners to go round...

Requests should first and foremost always be made in your original booking reservation, which can then be supplemented with a fax message a few days before check-in.

Andre

I did not make a request when I originally booked my package; I booked using a travel agent. I was hoping I could make a request during online check-in. Is that possible? If not, would you suggest sending a fax request?

Old 05-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #3403
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe2ofus View Post
I did not make a request when I originally booked my package; I booked using a travel agent. I was hoping I could make a request during online check-in. Is that possible? If not, would you suggest sending a fax request?

You can ask your travel agent to add it to your booking now.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #3404
amcn928
Earning My Ears

Slightly freaking out! I paid to upgrade to royal river view without realizing your building request was a request not a guarantee...I tried to switch back to royal pool view to guarantee oak manor but there was no availability so I had to stick with river view. Anyone know what the odds are of being granted your request on the building you want? I really want to be in oak manor for the convenience but and scared I will end up in parterre...can anyone ease my mind? Thank you!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #3405
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe2ofus

Your TA owns your ressie until they hand it over to you, so so they have to do it.

You cannot make requests at online check"in.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: