Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #3316
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I was thinking the same thing about our arrival day and having driven a lot. I also have the 'penny pinching' issue with a ....ahem...member of my traveling party. When do you go? Maybe you and I should do a carriage ride and leave the penny pinchers to unpack all the luggage!
LOL, this made me laugh!!! We arrive in June too, the 15th and leave the 23rd.....maybe our penny pinchers can hang out too Have a garden view booked, hoping for building 85.

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 13, DD 9
Old 05-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #3317
andeesings
Mouseketeer

I've been thinking about staying in POR for the first time this fall (I'm usually a Wilderness Lodge girl) and I know people really love POR. My only problem is the size of the resort. Are there multiple bus stops? If I wanted to stay close to the lobby, which building should I request? Do I have to book a special view or room category to be placed in a close building? Any help you could give would be great!
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #3318
amcn928
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post

I think we are going to be near each other! We leave tomorrow too and have a Royal room Riverview.
I'd love to hear what bldg and room you both end up in. We have a Royal Room with river view for September and would love to hear opinions! Have a great trip!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #3319
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcn928

I'd love to hear what bldg and room you both end up in. We have a Royal Room with river view for September and would love to hear opinions! Have a great trip!
I was in a riverview room a few years ago in Parterre Place. If you look at the floor plan, it was the second section. Close to the front of the building and the marina, which is where I preferred. I was doing a solo trip and spent massive amounts of time in the resorts, so it was very convenient to come back each night on the water taxi from DTD to the marina and then right across the bridge.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.

Last edited by Missytara; 05-13-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #3320
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcn928 View Post

Will do! We are excited. Our DD picked the room since this trip is her reward for potty training. We gave her the choice between royal room, pirate room or Nemo room with pictures. She said she wanted to be a princess! I love her

Follow my PTR

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=49906424#post49906424
Old 05-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #3321
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeesings View Post
I've been thinking about staying in POR for the first time this fall (I'm usually a Wilderness Lodge girl) and I know people really love POR. My only problem is the size of the resort. Are there multiple bus stops? If I wanted to stay close to the lobby, which building should I request? Do I have to book a special view or room category to be placed in a close building? Any help you could give would be great!
Our only other trip has been to WL last May and we just returned from our first stay at POR. We absolutely LOVED POR! We booked a preferred room and it worked out well. Yes, there are 4 bus stops but the savings to deal with bus stops was worth it to me. Plus, WL shared with other resorts when we were stayed there-the bus stops at POR are all close by so it's nothing like hauling it all the way to Fort Wilderness to pick up people. We loved the food court so much better than WL, thought POR's gift shop was better, arcade bigger and better at POR and the playground too(if you have kids) and the pool slide at POR was much longer and more fun too! Lots of pluses from entertainment in the lounge, several pools to choose from, fishing, boat to Downtown Disney, walking over to French Quarter and ability to use that resort as well.

I was worried after having fallen in love with Wilderness Lodge but we will be returning to POR for certain.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #3322
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Thanks for the info, I will have to call back after I look at the map and pick a specific building.
Sorry, you can't pick specific buildings, only booking categories (standard, pool view, river view, etc). You can always request a particular building, but it's only a request and is not guaranteed.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #3323
splashmtnfan
Mouseketeer

The buses start running an HOUR before the parks open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
Anyone?
Check to see what time the park opens to make sure you can make it by bus! :D
Old 05-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #3324
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1

Thanks for the info, I will have to call back after I look at the map and pick a specific building.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
You do not really want to specify a specific building, because they will not know why you want it. It is best to specify something like first floor, upper floor, close to transportation, etc. You narrow your chances considerably if you just say bldg. No.34.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #3325
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmtnfan

Check to see what time the park opens to make sure you can make it by bus! :D
Parks buses begin running as early as 7 am for early morning ADRs; not just by park opening.

The transportation board has all the info on buses to the parks.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #3326
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseiden420

We are leaving Oct 1 for a RR Garden View. Would love to hear your thought on the garden view room (was it worth it, ETC) Also any insight you can give on the best Garden View room location?

Have Fun!!
Just pm me around the 20th and it is no problem -happy to do it! I faxed a request in around 7 days before asking for connecting rooms, close to the footbridge and main building, and a 2nd or 3 rd floor room.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 05-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #3327
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeesings View Post
If you want close to the main building, you should book a preferred room.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #3328
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Finally finished up my trip report from last month! There are a couple of pictures of the resort and of our towel animals from mousekeeping.
Jealous of all of you heading out to POR soon - have a great trip!

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Old 05-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #3329
Shell54
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfling8 View Post
Finally finished up my trip report from last month! There are a couple of pictures of the resort and of our towel animals from mousekeeping.
Jealous of all of you heading out to POR soon - have a great trip!
Just checked put your TR. Your pics are great! We are staying in AB in a preferred room in Sept. for the first time. Were you in a preferred location? Your view was lovely.

Disney Magic 8/12

Old 05-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #3330
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell54 View Post
Just checked put your TR. Your pics are great! We are staying in AB in a preferred room in Sept. for the first time. Were you in a preferred location? Your view was lovely.
We weren't - it was building 38. When you cross the bridge from the main buildings, we were in the first building if you turn right, and I believe the preferred were to the left. Here are a few more pics just of POR.

In case anyone is wondering how big the fold down beds are, here is DD (average height, skinny 10 almost 11yr old)

coming in on the riverboat at night

pool early in the morning

mansions from across the way

The preferred rooms, I believe:

early morning on the way to breakfast

I think another view of the preferred bldgs (Andre and Venom please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: