Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #3301
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Do what - you did not refer to what you wanted to do.
Actually I did, it is the title of my reply post. It is the carriage ride for $45.

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Old 05-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #3302
mikerainey82
mikerainey82

We just stayed there. Overall, I liked it. The minuses were some weird staff interactions, hard to find our room at first, and difficulty having a delivery from a local supermarket sent to my room. The pluses were nice room in Alligator Bayou, terrific landscape, nice pools, good food and excellent shuttle service.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #3303
illuminatedillusions
Earning My Ears

Can you request a standard room in Oak Manor and Parterre Place? I just had a look on http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php and it shows some in them but just wondering if they are for other other people who booked Royal Rooms?
Sept 2014 - Solo at Cabana Bay Beach
Spring 2015 - Solo at Disneyland Paris
Old 05-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #3304
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatedillusions
Can you request a standard room in Oak Manor and Parterre Place? I just had a look on http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php and it shows some in them but just wondering if they are for other other people who booked Royal Rooms?
No, there are several booking categories for RRs, including standard room. So you have to book RR to get standard room in those buildings.

If you book standard room, you will be in Acadian House, Magnolia Terrace or AB. You can request one section or the other.

Disney got very smart on the mods a few years ago, based on requests and added multiple booking categories. While standard rooms in Oak Manor and Parterre Place were rarely requested, they were miraculously turned into RRs. Standard rooms in PP are some of the most remotely located in the resort. Similar to the pirate rooms at CBR, they are the most remotely located.

You can request it, but will most likely be quoted the price at check-in to upgrade.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #3305
jseiden420
Mouseketeer

Question Garden View

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
We have garden view. Hope you have a great trip!
We are leaving Oct 1 for a RR Garden View. Would love to hear your thought on the garden view room (was it worth it, ETC) Also any insight you can give on the best Garden View room location?

Have Fun!!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #3306
illuminatedillusions
Earning My Ears

Quote:
No, there are several booking categories for RRs, including standard room. So you have to book RR to get standard room in those buildings.

If you book standard room, you will be in Acadian House, Magnolia Terrace or AB. You can request one section or the other.

Disney got very smart on the mods a few years ago, based on requests and added multiple booking categories. While standard rooms in Oak Manor and Parterre Place were rarely requested, they were miraculously turned into RRs. Standard rooms in PP are some of the most remotely located in the resort. Similar to the pirate rooms at CBR, they are the most remotely located.

You can request it, but will most likely be quoted the price at check-in to upgrade.
Thank you I mainly wanted them due to it being close to French Quarter as some of my friends are staying there!

I think I might ask for Magnolia Terrace then. Trying to figure out where to request...I told them on the phone when booking I was looking for a room off the ground floor as high as possible and close to French Quarter.
Sept 2014 - Solo at Cabana Bay Beach
Spring 2015 - Solo at Disneyland Paris
Old 05-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #3307
jska482
Mouseketeer

Am I understanding correctly that only the Alligator Bayou rooms have the 5th person Murphy bed? Magnolia bend does not have this?
Old 05-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #3308
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post
Am I understanding correctly that only the Alligator Bayou rooms have the 5th person Murphy bed? Magnolia bend does not have this?
Correct.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #3309
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Just booked for September 19-26th with free dining!!! It is a girls only trip, my first without my husband. It will be my mil and myself. We were going down anyway, but decided to make it Disney exclusive with the free dining promotion.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #3310
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Just booked FD at POR-Riverside standard room, I asked the CM if I could request the mansion side because we stayed in the bayou last year and was told there were no standard rooms on the bayou side. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 05-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #3311
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Just booked FD at POR-Riverside standard room, I asked the CM if I could request the mansion side because we stayed in the bayou last year and was told there were no standard rooms on the bayou side. Is that correct?

That isn't correct. If you look at Andre's clickable map, you can see how rooms are categorized. There are standard rooms in AB

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
2014-DLR
Old 05-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #3312
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post

There may not be any standard rooms available during your dates, but there are definitely standard room in the mansion side. Check out the maps at http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #3313
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post
I would love to do this but "someone" in our party is a penny pincher.....I think it would be a perfect thing to do on our arrival day after all that driving......thoughts????
I was thinking the same thing about our arrival day and having driven a lot. I also have the 'penny pinching' issue with a ....ahem...member of my traveling party. When do you go? Maybe you and I should do a carriage ride and leave the penny pinchers to unpack all the luggage!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 05-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #3314
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1

There are standard rooms on both sides; they mostly face the parking lot, but tend to be very quiet and still close to the outer bus stops and quiet pools.

You are correct to ask here; we are often better trained than the booking CMs.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #3315
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

There are standard rooms on both sides; they mostly face the parking lot, but tend to be very quiet and still close to the outer bus stops and quiet pools.

You are correct to ask here; we are often better trained than the booking CMs.
Thanks for the info, I will have to call back after I look at the map and pick a specific building.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: