Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #3256
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles04 View Post
I have a question about the buses.

For our October trip, we are staying in AB in a preferred room so we plan to use the south depot. From what I understand, the bus picks up at POFQ first, then South depot is the next stop. Do the buses ever completely fill up at POFQ? Is it often standing room only by the time it gets to POR? I'm used to POP with one bus stop, so it has me a bit worried.

We are rope droppers so will be using the early buses, as well as taking afternoon breaks and staying at parks til close. We never had any issues with POP buses even after Wishes in early August loved POP but am very excited to try POR.
When we were there in October, we never had that issue. It happened once in December, but that was closer to Christmas. I'm sure there are times during the day it can happen, but we didn't have that issue. After Wishes and the Halloween and Christmas parties, there were at least 2 buses for POR...they came prepared!

Old 05-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #3257
Cobern
DIS Veteran

About how long would it take to get from the hotel to the Beach Club? We have a 5:30 dinner reservation at Cape May and want to make sure we budget enough time
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #3258
jewelsb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I do not suggest the online check in either, some do. Because that could, not saying it will, reset the requests and clear them out. What I would do is take the room request fax I have prepared in the third post on the first page of this thread and prepare yourself a little request list. Send it in about 7-10 days out and you should, but not always get some type of confirmation back from the Room Team. If you need any further help when you get to ten posts you can Private Message me on these forums and we can go over it further.
Ahh crap, I just did online check in last night. We originally booked preferred and once the discount came out, we had to switch to river view. So the TA put in notes to have us as close to preferred as possible, since that was our original booking. So I may or may not have wrecked that?!? I'll send the fax and hope that does it. If not...we're still at Disney, right!? How bad could it be!

Port Orleans Riverside 6/13

Old 05-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #3259
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelsb View Post
Ahh crap, I just did online check in last night. We originally booked preferred and once the discount came out, we had to switch to river view. So the TA put in notes to have us as close to preferred as possible, since that was our original booking. So I may or may not have wrecked that?!? I'll send the fax and hope that does it. If not...we're still at Disney, right!? How bad could it be!

I wouldn't worry about it. My TA put in requests, I did online check in and then I faxed my request using Venom's template. I got all of my requests, which I wasn't expecting and was extremely happy about!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #3260
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
About how long would it take to get from the hotel to the Beach Club? We have a 5:30 dinner reservation at Cape May and want to make sure we budget enough time
There's a couple of ways you could go...Resort to Resort is always the most lengthy prospect, unless you are going to OKW or POFQ, of course. I'd take the boat to DTD then the bus to Beach Club. Or you could take the bus to Epcot & walk to Beach club, but that would take longer. By car, it would be 10 minutes.

Incidentally, when we went to Hoop De Doo, it was faster (for us) to take bus to MK then boat to Fort Wilderness.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #3261
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
When we were there a couple of weeks ago, we took cabs when we went to other resorts for dinner. I think the most we spent was $15 plus tip and it was always really fast. They were even to accommodate our whole group of 7.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #3262
jewelsb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullybigadventure View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. My TA put in requests, I did online check in and then I faxed my request using Venom's template. I got all of my requests, which I wasn't expecting and was extremely happy about!
Thank you!! I'll make sure to do the fax and we'll cross our fingers!

Port Orleans Riverside 6/13

Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #3263
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
There's a couple of ways you could go...Resort to Resort is always the most lengthy prospect, unless you are going to OKW or POFQ, of course. I'd take the boat to DTD then the bus to Beach Club. Or you could take the bus to Epcot & walk to Beach club, but that would take longer. By car, it would be 10 minutes.

Incidentally, when we went to Hoop De Doo, it was faster (for us) to take bus to MK then boat to Fort Wilderness.
It might be faster to take the bus to DHS then walk or boat to BC. Or do what I do. I drive myself, takes no time at all, well maybe 5 to 7 minutes.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #3264
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We take the bus to HS and catch the friendship boat or walk

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 05-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #3265
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelsb View Post
Ahh crap, I just did online check in last night.
Don't worry, that's what it's there for. It shouldn't remove any existing notes from your reservation (well it's not meant to anyway) but since you are faxing the resort just before you arrive, it won't matter anyway.

Between 25%-40% of guests currently do online checkin apparently, and I know that the room assignment manager at Port Orleans recommends that you use the facility if you can, so you're in good company.

Once Magic Bands are in general use, I think more and more people will being doing online checkin, as that will be the only way to customise your bands, choose colours, etc - if you just check in at the desk when you arrive, you'll most likely get generic grey ones.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 05-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #3266
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Or you could take the bus to Epcot & walk to Beach club, but that would take longer.
That would require actually entering Epcot, which would be a problem if you'd already been to a park that day and didn't have park hoppers. When I book a dinner at a resort other than the one I'm staying at, I book it for a day when I'm going to be at the closest park so that I then go from the park to the resort, which is much easier than resort to resort. Obviously I still have to get back to my resort, but I just see it as a good excuse to go to DTD. (Although if I'm eating at a monorail resort and MK is still open, that's an easy park to use as a transfer point.)
Old 05-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #3267
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

I was so thrilled to finally book Contemporary Standard view for our family of five when freedining came out, tried for months to snag standard view. However, friends we made on a cruise last year are staying at POR, so I thought I would price it out for us...we would save $1050!!!!!

Our youngest is 14 and 5'6 and 100 pounds, she is fine sleeping on the 65" Murphy bed, if I can talk my 6'3 17 year old son into sleeping with Dad...could this work or us? I was encouraged when my friend said her daughter who is 5'6 slept on it with noproblem...before I cancel my hard to come by CR ressie..can any make me feel better about this being workable?

Old 05-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #3268
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
I was so thrilled to finally book Contemporary Standard view for our family of five when freedining came out, tried for months to snag standard view. However, friends we made on a cruise last year are staying at POR, so I thought I would price it out for us...we would save $1050!!!!!

Our youngest is 14 and 5'6 and 100 pounds, she is fine sleeping on the 65" Murphy bed, if I can talk my 6'3 17 year old son into sleeping with Dad...could this work or us? I was encouraged when my friend said her daughter who is 5'6 slept on it with noproblem...before I cancel my hard to come by CR ressie..can any make me feel better about this being workable?

According to Andre's site, the new Murphy beds are only 63 inches long (5ft 3in) which would mean your daughter is 3 inches longer than the bed. I don't know that she'd be very comfy! Has she slept on them before? Maybe you could bring an air mattress for her?
Old 05-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #3269
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
According to Andre's site, the new Murphy beds are only 63 inches long (5ft 3in) which would mean your daughter is 3 inches longer than the bed. I don't know that she'd be very comfy! Has she slept on them before? Maybe you could bring an air mattress for her?
Someone measured it as "Although I measured it as about 66″ long, you probably want to save it for kids 5 feet tall or shorter."

She sleeps all curled up so she should be fine, she's the kid who prefers to put two chairs together and sleep on them at sleepovers than be on an air mattress...my 6'3 son is actually saying he'd like ot sleep on the small murphy bed! He likes cozy! HA! We'll have to be guinea pig family...have stayed at CR, Poly, AKL and OKW...so this will be an 'adventure'

Old 05-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #3270
Supermom3
DIS Veteran

We'll be checking into POR in 13 days! We have 7:30am reservations at Ohana for breakfast. What is the best way to get there? We will have a car if driving is the best option. We will be going to MK following breakfast. Thanks so much!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: