Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #286
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes the banquette bench with the fold-down bed is there in King Bed AB rooms too. But at present they don't have any options to allow 3 people to book one.

Andre

Thanks for the info Maybe I'll put my Grumpy plush on it
Old 02-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #287
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Buses begin running at 6:30 am for early morning ADR's.

They don't run as frequently as regular times, so give yourself plenty of time.
Thanks We will def. bus it then.

Me DH
DD10 DS8
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #288
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssleblanc View Post
The bus was actually very hit or miss for us. We were there 2/7-2/15. The worst I experienced at the end of the day was the night of 2/7. It was MK after Wishes (we didn't rush out, but lingered about before heading for the bus). POR had the longest line of all of the stops under that roof. The line looped through the queue and then back past two other stops. As you headed for stop 5 (POR's stop), you didn't realize that the masses of people that you were passing starting at stop 3 were for POR. When you fought through the crowds to reach 5, you realized that all of the people you'd just fought to get through were actually in the same line you needed. Then, you had to fight to get back to 3, through the line of standing people, plus the swarm of people heading for 5 (I made a point to let people passing me know that if they were going to POR, the line was behind them - no one told me as I was headed that way). During that time, POFQ line was virtually empty yet several POFQ buses came and we saw no POR bus. I saw more than one POFQ bus leave, with no one standing. I should have just jumped on their bus and walked back to POR. I probably would have gotten back to the resort faster.

Hey - we were there that night too in that crazy line up after lingering in MK to try and avoid the bus crowds. It was our last night there and like you, EMH at AK one morning was our other long wait. Other than that the busses were great. My dh joked with all my planning if I planned the bus schedule as well becuase they just seemed to show up or be there when we got to the stops.

We too were telling people where the line started, as I was worried people were butting in way up ahead as the line was not moving at all!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside

Last edited by momof2gr8kids; 02-21-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: To change MK to AK
Old 02-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #289
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diznotyzed View Post
* Dug out my goofy looking swim googles so I can wear my contacts on the water slides. Why goggles with contacts? I always wear my contacts at the WP but no goggles. Am I not supposed to? lol

Thought I was all set to start packing, but now I have a strong urge to go out and buy new underwear. Anyone else feel like you have to have new undies anytime you go on vacation? Yes - my mom used to buy us packs of undies when we were kids every vacation, so I inherited that need to buy new undies for everyone. LOL

Can't wait to be there!

Have a great trip!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 02-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #290
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Start my single digit dance tomorrow!!! Congrats to your family!
So are you and Andre going to be there the same time? Cool.

And I really really hope you of all people get all your room requests!Venomhatch.

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #291
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
So are you and Andre going to be there the same time? Cool.

And I really really hope you of all people get all your room requests! Venomhatch.
I am trying to get free to slide by there now. Poly guest services has been swamped. But ill be on Vaca on March 1st for a while. Thanks for the Request wishes!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #292
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Do any of you request specific room numbers when making room requests? I can imagine asking for one particular room would be a long shot but what about listing maybe 5 or 6 that you'd be interested in?
Old 02-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #293
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

Ugh. 3 days to go! I forgot to reads my building request when I switched us from room only to a package. I'm sure it's too late this close! I'll cross my fingers & hope we get a good building!

Old 02-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #294
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
Do any of you request specific room numbers when making room requests? I can imagine asking for one particular room would be a long shot but what about listing maybe 5 or 6 that you'd be interested in?
Yeah, I tend to suggest using room numbers as a way to reference the areas you want, rather than asking for one specific number (e.g. ask for something like "Oak Manor, Overlooking river, upper floor, e.g. 9271-9274").

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #295
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
I am trying to get free to slide by there now. Poly guest services has been swamped.
You've got my US cell number I think? Give me a call when you get a chance as we're starting to run low on time for a meet as we leave on Monday morning.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #296
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
You've got my US cell number I think? Give me a call when you get a chance as we're starting to run low on time for a meet as we leave on Monday morning.

Andre
One, PM me your number. Two, I agree we tend to like to see three to four room numbers for an idea where you'd like to be placed.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #297
tink68
Mouseketeer

We returned home LATE Monday night and I had to go straight back to work the next day so I am just now getting to this. We had a great visit and POR was as beautiful as ever. Thanks to Andre and Venom for all their info. We were in room 1413 RV (although they would need to trim the hedges out front to be able to actually see the river LOL) and loved the AB section. Having that extra bed was great. My 2 kids took turns and both slept comfortably on it. Weather was a little chilly and the crowds were huge but we managed. Now back to saving for the next trip.

2004 Pop Century, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POR, 2007 Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 Contemporary, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Boardwalk, 2012 POR, 2013 POR
Old 02-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #298
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I tend to suggest using room numbers as a way to reference the areas you want, rather than asking for one specific number (e.g. ask for something like "Oak Manor, Overlooking river, upper floor, e.g. 9271-9274").

Andre
Quote:
One, PM me your number. Two, I agree we tend to like to see three to four room numbers for an idea where you'd like to be placed.
Thank you both for your help.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #299
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diznotyzed View Post
Three days to go and the tummy butterflies have arrived!

Checklist:
* Checked out a book from the library for on the plane and by the pool.
* Bought a new pocket sized camera.
* Actually bought a new swim suit with no tears involved!
* Went to buy healthy snacks for the plane and bought M&Ms instead.
* Dug out my goofy looking swim googles so I can wear my contacts on the water slides.
* Got a pedicure since my toes will actually see the light of day for the first time in months. My toes are as excited as I am.

Thought I was all set to start packing, but now I have a strong urge to go out and buy new underwear. Anyone else feel like you have to have new undies anytime you go on vacation?

Can't wait to be there!
That's funny, and yes I have bought new undies for my trips. Don't know why the old ones are not good enough
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
Old 02-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #300
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post
That's funny, and yes I have bought new undies for my trips. Don't know why the old ones are not good enough
I do this too! I have absolutely no idea why.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: