Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #16
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Its only worth it if you are doing more than 12 park days, and or are planning to return this year.

The room discount% is the same as the spring promo, APs are 609/person. a 10 Day Park Hopper is 400.

So unless you are making up the difference by staying more than 10 park days, (actually more than 12, if you calculate the cost of buying a 10 day, and then adding a 2 day) ... there is no discount to be had by doign the AP rates.

I tried to convince DW that if we did APs for this trip, we could do a Fall trip as well and not have to buy tickets .... she didn't bite
Thank you Shaden. I didn't know where the price/savings break was. I might go again this year, but it's not worth the hassle right now to try and save money.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #17
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybaud View Post
Here is my question. We are booked May 19-26 in preferred location using a PIN. We have decided to fly instead of drive, so am now trying to add a day, May 18, to my ressie. There are no preferred rooms left with the PIN. I can book a single night, preferred room, but will have to check out/back in.
If you book an extra night then yes you will have to checkout/checkin at the front desk sometime during your changeover day, but if you make sure that your two reservations are listed as linked/continuing, then it's most unlikely they will ask you to change rooms, you'll just need to have your keycards updated. The only possible problem is if you are on a dining plan, etc. as that won't carry over in the second reservation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jack View Post
Would anyone know about how far of a walk building 38 is away from the main building? Also if we want to get to the parks early (going for EMH and an early ADR) would we be better off going to the main bus depot?

I'm thinking I'll plan to make my request for building 38, 16 or 17 in that order. We also would prefer ground floor since we'll have that stroller to haul around. Do you think that would be a good request?
38 sounds like a good choice, it's really not that long a walk to the main buildings (5 minutes tops, probably less). You can get buses from the South Depot or the outer ones, but personally I've always taken EMH buses from South. You should be OK at the other stops though if you want to try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana Julie View Post
Our reservations are linked, one room has 5 so I know that will be in AB do I need to request that other room is in AB as well?
As long as your reservations are linked, and you have asked for nearby rooms, they should normally put you all into the same building. You can always fax them before you arrive to confirm too.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #18
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybaud View Post
I have been reading the thread for a while now, but never post. Glad you got the new one started before your trip.

Here is my question. We are booked May 19-26 in preferred location using a PIN. We have decided to fly instead of drive, so am now trying to add a day, May 18, to my ressie. There are no preferred rooms left with the PIN. I can book a single night, preferred room, but will have to check out/back in. Or, I can upgrade all nights to river view or downgrade all nights to garden view. What are your suggestions? How difficult is check out/back in? What is the likelihood I will have to switch rooms? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I have had to do this the last three years, because I arrive the Saturday after Thanksgiving and the discounts don't start until the Sunday after T-giving.

Link your reservations; they will try to get you a room where you will not have to move.

Check-in with a room only the first night; then change to your package. The computers roll over at 6 am.

You can book your package with the full number of days for tickets and pick up your tickets at Guest Services at the parks. When you check in for your package, go to the concierge desk and they can transfer your tickets over to your package.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #19
tink68
Mouseketeer

Well I am at home packing and will be at POR tonight! So excited! Will check in when I get there. Andre I wear a blue and white polka dotted backpack so say hi if you see me and if not have a great trip!
Sheri

2004 Pop Century, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POR, 2007 Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 Contemporary, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Boardwalk, 2012 POR, 2013 POR
Old 02-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #20
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Glad to see everyone is making it over to the new one.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #21
BDL
DIS Veteran

Following again.

Hoping to get some insights I don't know about and share some experiences that might help people.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #22
granite500
Earning My Ears

Looking great!

So glad the new site is up. We'll be there June 1st through June 8th.
Counting down!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #23
granite500
Earning My Ears

Buses from DTD

Does anyone know how late the buses run from Downtown Disney compared to the water taxi?

I'm wondering in case we miss the last boat.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #24
amybaud
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
If you book an extra night then yes you will have to checkout/checkin at the front desk sometime during your changeover day, but if you make sure that your two reservations are listed as linked/continuing, then it's most unlikely they will ask you to change rooms, you'll just need to have your keycards updated. The only possible problem is if you are on a dining plan, etc. as that won't carry over in the second reservation.

38 sounds like a good choice, it's really not that long a walk to the main buildings (5 minutes tops, probably less). You can get buses from the South Depot or the outer ones, but personally I've always taken EMH buses from South. You should be OK at the other stops though if you want to try that.

As long as your reservations are linked, and you have asked for nearby rooms, they should normally put you all into the same building. You can always fax them before you arrive to confirm too.

Andre
Thanks Andre. I am not on the dining plan so that shouldn't be a problem. So, if the check-out/ check-in isn't a big deal. I think I will risk having to switch rooms, so I can keep my preferred location ressie. I would hate to be FAR from the main building for 9 days and with my luck, that's exactly what would happen. Such a quick response too. You guys are great!! Thanks Now, I just have to count down my remaining days. I will probably have more questions as it gets closer. We have never stayed here before. Getting so excited.

Me DH DS7

7/96 - CBR, 8/97 - off-site, 9/10 - AKL, 5/13 - POR
Old 02-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #25
HoneyBeeM
Earning My Ears

Just discovered this thread! It's so very helpful!

My family will be staying at POR April 1-6, and this is really our first full vacation stay here! I have a quick question about the bus system. We have never stayed at a Disney resort that has multiple bus stops within the same resort. I am wondering how that works? Do you find that it is best to walk to the main bus stop, if it's not too far? Will you usually be able to get a seat on the bus if you are waiting at the last stop on the bus route through the resort?

We normally stay at the Swan and Dolphin, and we've had rough experiences with the bus system there. Basically - you never really can tell if you will get a seat on the bus because the Swan&Dolphin are picked up last. Frequently, the resort is skipped over entirely if the bus fills up before getting there.

This may have already been answered - and if so, please excuse my newbie-ness! Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #26
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the new home!!

We are officially at 9 more sleeps to go today
I think I read it is best to fax in requests around 5 days out? That's my plan anyway. Our request is just to hopefully be on a higher floor and in one of the Standard rooms that doesn't face the parking lot. I'll be fine no matter what happens though. Just thought I would try. I am getting so excited!!
You'd think that would mean I was packing already but that daunting task is still ahead of me
Old 02-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #27
Mama Moose
Mouseketeer

So excited after looking at all the photos of POR on the photo thread!!! The hotel and grounds look awesome!!!

Old 02-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #28
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

I missed page 1; perhaps because I'm having too much fun at EPCOT! It is so civilized here today, especially when compared to the chaos of the MK yesterday.

Sitting here by Miyuki's candy art demonstration spot ready to watch her do her magic with taffy in a few minutes.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #29
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by granite500 View Post
Does anyone know how late the buses run from Downtown Disney compared to the water taxi?

I'm wondering in case we miss the last boat.
2 am.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #30
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I'm one of those lurkers who always reads this thread but almost never posts on it. We spent 5 wonderful nights at POR in January. Always one of my favorite resorts! Great thread ... thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: