Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #2956
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney View Post
Anyway, I cannot seem to find the fax number to send it to?
Can anyone provide me with that number so I can save that to the fax?
See the title of this thread?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #2957
klwdisney
DIS Veteran

thanks. i am stupid for not checking there. i just didn't know if it was a separate special fax number directly to Mr Elg's office.

9/86 - Poly (with family), 11/97 - Honeymoon @ Hyatt Orlando, 3/99 - POR, 11/00 - ASMo,
10/05 - POP Century, 9/07 - 10th anniversary POR, 5/08 - POFQ with Just Mom!5/09 - Moonsoon Trip to CBR, 5/12 with Mom at POR, POR/POLY 5/13 Bday with mom & friends, NEXT UP: November 2014 Contemporary Garden Wing for the Food & Wine Festival with Mom!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #2958
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

Keeping fingers crossed

Just out of curiousity, I went to Disney's website today for our trip dates 5/26-6/1 for POR and it comes up SOLD OUT (nothing available), so I wonder if it really is or if other websites have the availability. I've never seen the whole resort being "not available for your dates". Glad we have reservations. Would there be a chance that they are overbooked and they would have to move people to another resort? I'd hate to have to go to another resort but if they would upgrade us to a deluxe, I wouldn't balk at that (we have two groups in our party, so two room reservations)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Princess View Post
I just tried reserving for a single room and it still shows POR being completely booked. I'm not surprised, between the 30% off deal, and the fact that those days are some of the busiest days at the parks (includes a couple of SWWs, Memorial Day, Gay Days at AK, HS, and MK).

I wouldn't worry about overbooking though. They don't tend to overbook the Moderates like the Values -- though I suppose anything is possible.
Keeping fingers crossed we don't get "bumped" to another resort if they have overbooked. I really am looking forward to staying here again (we stayed in 1995 when it was Dixie Landings)
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 04-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #2959
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisny View Post
This is me also! I keep looking at the map, looking at the picture thread, looking at pictures from our last trip. The wait is driving me crazy. As well as everyone who comes into contact with me. Especially DH - I know he will be most happy when June 9th finally gets here. He is trying to be patient with me
Get on YouTube and search for Disney's Port Orleans Riverside. That will fill some of the time!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #2960
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Hi!! I have a question...hoping someone can answer this...maybe Venom? I think you had said you worked at POR? I could be totally imagining that too! LOL

Anyway...we are travelling this fall. We are driving. We plan to leave in the afternoon on October 29. We have about a 17 hour drive. It should put us in Disney about 6 or 7 am. At this point, our ressie starts on October 29th. We are hoping to keep that so we are guaranteed to get in a room when we get there for a little nap. My DH works nights so that is the best time for him to drive as it's when he is used to being awake. Anyway, I called the POR direct and asked if the res would be held even if we checked in technically the next day. The very nice woman I spoke with said that yes it would as long as I called en route to let them know we were still coming. My question (actually two) are do we think that is accurate information? And, we are hoping for free dining. If we get free dining, will they keep that on our ressie if we show up a few hours late? Hoping someone has the answer for me

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #2961
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
Does anyone know how I could find out if any sports groups/teams will be staying at POR in May, specifically May 25th - June 1? Not a big deal, I just want to be prepared.
The first Saturday in June (in this case, June 1st) is unofficially Gay Day at MK. There's usually a party at one of the water parks on the Friday before. And they've been branching out to the other 3 parks on Thurs, Fri, and Sunday. So there will be a big influx of people at least on Friday for Saturday, if not sooner.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #2962
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
Just out of curiousity, I went to Disney's website today for our trip dates 5/26-6/1 for POR and it comes up SOLD OUT (nothing available), so I wonder if it really is or if other websites have the availability. I've never seen the whole resort being "not available for your dates". Glad we have reservations. Would there be a chance that they are overbooked and they would have to move people to another resort? I'd hate to have to go to another resort but if they would upgrade us to a deluxe, I wouldn't balk at that (we have two groups in our party, so two room reservations.
I am a bit worried to. We are arriving on the 13th. I just put in our dates 13-20th after reading your post. It shows everything except the standard view royal guest rooms as unavailable. I thought it was supposed to be quieter thst week. Does anyone know if there is a way to see if a group is staying.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 04-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #2963
Chuckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
I am a bit worried to. We are arriving on the 13th. I just put in our dates 13-20th after reading your post. It shows everything except the standard view royal guest rooms as unavailable. I thought it was supposed to be quieter thst week. Does anyone know if there is a way to see if a group is staying.

You have to remember it's looking for a reservation for your WHOLE stay... if it can't get the whole length in, it's going to say that rooms are unavailable.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #2964
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Refillable mugs. When we stayed at the poly you could get refills 24 hours. I think I heard at POR this is not true. What hours can you refill your mugs?
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 04-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #2965
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
You have to remember it's looking for a reservation for your WHOLE stay... if it can't get the whole length in, it's going to say that rooms are unavailable.
True but then the resort must be almost at capacity at least one night or close to that at some point during the 7 nights.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #2966
ttcl516
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Refillable mugs. When we stayed at the poly you could get refills 24 hours. I think I heard at POR this is not true. What hours can you refill your mugs?
The Riverside Mill Food Court is open 6am to Midnight. So you can fill it anytime between those hours

POR Riverside AB Feb 28 - Mar 7, 2013
Old 04-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #2967
Chuckers

I started to type something and then couldn't delete the post.. never mind

Last edited by Chuckers; 04-29-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #2968
dramaticmissy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
True but then the resort must be almost at capacity at least one night or close to that at some point during the 7 nights.
I checked our reservation too, played around with dates, the only day it is totally booked is a Thursday night 5/9, and that is the only day during our time there the rest have all different categories available.

June 1976-My first trip!
March 2006 @ POP dd's 2nd birthday
August 2007 @ SSR 11 day trip
November 2008- POP dd's 7th birthday
May 2013 Port of Orleans Riverside- All girls week
Old 04-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #2969
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
The first Saturday in June (in this case, June 1st) is unofficially Gay Day at MK. There's usually a party at one of the water parks on the Friday before. And they've been branching out to the other 3 parks on Thurs, Fri, and Sunday. So there will be a big influx of people at least on Friday for Saturday, if not sooner.
Yea Chuckers thanks for that, it clued in for me too, we are there for 2 weeks, starting May 5 ... and I was like ... what, the whole resort is booked !?!??!

But I guess its seein if you could take a single reservation (thus not change rooms) for 2 weeks ...
Old 04-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #2970
webstah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miklaur View Post
I was wondering if the boat to Downtown Disney stops at different places in Downtown Disney. My Mom is joining us and although she plans to rent a wheelchair/scooter at the parks, she is not planning to do so for DTD. We are eating at Planet Hollywood on our first night and wonder how much of a walk that will be for her? Thanks so much!
The boat from POR only goes to Market Place behind the Rain Forest Café, but on the same dock, different line they have a boat with Red Flags This is and Internal Downtown Disney water taxi, circular route running from the Marketplace dock (next to the Rainforest Cafe) directly over to the West Side dock (opposite Cirque du Soleil) and then back via the Pleasure Island dock (behind Paradiso 37).
Sept 2010 POR Sept 2011 POR Sept 2012 POR
Sept 2013 POR Nov 2013 POR Aug/Sept 2014 POR

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: