Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #2896
emsstacey
Earning My Ears

Booked our first extended trip to Disney, we have always done just a day driving from Cocoa Beach. Our youngest has never been! We are staying 7 nights in POR and booked a preferred room. I am super excited!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #2897
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
Bouncing around the idea of staying at POR if I can not get FD for the LM rooms.
A few questions.
Do they have a zero entry pool or children's spray area or kiddie pool?
How about a playground? If we stay here we will pay for a preferred room so we can be in AB, my 5 year old thought they were pretty neat. Also if we were in AB preferred how far would be be from a bus stop? Thanks all!
Just back on Thursday from our 2nd stay in POR in 3 weeks. Both times preferred rooms in AB - building 18 and this time building 14. Great rooms, perfect location. Bus stop is super close, just cut through the parking lot to the stop or if you're at the food court it's just through the gift shop doors. There's a great playground for kids located on the "island" where the pool is. I didn't see any zero entry at the main pool. There must be a kiddie pool but I didn't look for one. Saw the hot tub with tons of kids & parents in it though. We actually used the quiet pool behind AB Building 18 to relax and swim in & then people watched late evening at the main pool. There's also movies nightly over by the mansions, but we never made it over there. The boat ride to DTD is a must just to relax and see all the different resorts on the river.

Enjoy your trip. We're hoping to go back in the fall for a longer stay & spend more time at the resort than at the parks.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #2898
just teachin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
That is a long time to take up space at guest services for other guests. You do have to realize people are cheking in every week.
I wasn't sure how large an area there is at guest services. Thanks for that input. I appreciate it!
Old 04-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #2899
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite View Post
Just back on Thursday from our I didn't see any zero entry at the main pool. There must be a kiddie pool but I didn't look for one. Saw the hot tub with tons of kids & parents in it though.
You may have mistaken the kiddie pool for the hot tub if you didn't walk over to it. I did from a distance There is a good sized kiddie pool on one side and almost directly across the main pool a smaller hot tub. I'd say maybe 6-8 person tub. It was really nice and hot - didn't see many kids in there and mine thought it was too hot to put more than feet and legs in. Boy did it feel good to the feet and legs after a day walking in the park! Of course, later in the evening it was full of teenagers

I'm not sure how deep the kiddie pool was, we didn't check it out too closely.

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Old 04-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #2900
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraney106 View Post

Yahoo! I know how it can seem like it takes forever to get to check in day. I try to busy my thought with getting the suitcases ready and buyng items that need to be packed in them. Do you have little ones? You could work on making a small goodie bag with treats and small toys or games for the plane or car trip.
I am working on goodie bags for my 2! 16 days until we go . I seems so far away but I know it will come and bite me in the butt . Trying to get a few things each week so I am not sending a ton of $$$$ all at once. The only think I have forgotten thus far is sunscreen for the adults. I have tons for the kiddos, but need to add it to my list for this weekend!
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 04-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #2901
zomama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomama
Does the pool have life jackets for the kids to wear or should I pack their puddle jumpers?
Does anyone know?
Old 04-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #2902
ILoveMMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomama View Post
Does anyone know?
You can get life vests to use at the pool from the boat rental desk in the Marina
Old 04-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #2903
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

All the posts are making me very excited........the time is ticking only 31 more days.......
Old 04-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #2904
CouponCon
Mouseketeer

I am mostly a lurker on the boards, but I had to shout out a Thank You to everyone posting information on POR. We Loved it!

We stayed at POR over Easter for 5 nights...It was amazing and beyond our expectations...I paid for a preferred room and requested building 14 and we got it...Upon check-in we were greeted before even reaching the door asking if we did online check-in (which I did)...The very kind lady was able to pull up my information from an ipad (or tablet)...She then told us to sit down at one of the couches in the Lobby while she got our packet...My husband who said he was going to miss OKW with being greeted "Welcome Home" was speechless when an older gentlemen opened the door for us and said "I have been waiting for you"....That made his vacation right then and he is not a Disney Junkie like myself ...

We were always able to find seats at the pool ...Location to food court and bus depot was perfect! Busses were prompt! I sware we barely ever waited. We also used the boat to DTD a few times...My youngest got her hair wrapped...Kids enjoyed the arcade. My husband had to drive to another resort but he and my son did another Fishing Excursion this year. So many positives to this resort! I am already putting dates together for next years Spring Break 2014 at POR!

1990 Offsite...2001 AKL...2010 Offsite...2012 OKW...2013 POR....Feb 2014 Universal Studios..March 2014 POR
Old 04-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #2905
zaz
Mouseketeer

There was life vest upon request to the lifeguards when I was there earlier this
Month.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #2906
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Hi all! I just booked for August thru a travel agent. I have always booked directly thru Disney before so I'm wondering if I can still fax in a room request before we go? I did tell her to request first floor connecting rooms, but I'm wondering if I can put further requests in a fax closer to checkin or does everything have to come from my TA?
Thanks!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:30 AM   #2907
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
Hi all! I just booked for August thru a travel agent. I have always booked directly thru Disney before so I'm wondering if I can still fax in a room request before we go?
Sure. Details are in first post of the thread.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #2908
bartleby1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Sure. Details are in first post of the thread.

Andre
Thanks! Didn't want to step on my TA's toes! She got me a great rate for August but it was only good for standard rooms so I'd like to send in a request so we hopefully don't get stuck out in the boonies, lol! Glad to hear that I can!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #2909
DisneyChick2013
Earning My Ears

I am promoting this hotel for our stay in August- but my kids are pushing for CBR! They don't think this one looks as interesting- but I think it's lovely. Any suggestions for what perks this resort has over CBR?
Old 04-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #2910
delgrec
Mouseketeer

Do you think it is a mistake not to fax any requests if we booked a standard room? DH and I have been going back an forth. I want AB so we can have the Murphy bed and my two kids don't have to sleep together (DD 4 and DS 6) but he would prefer the mansions because of the look. We decided to just not put any requests and leave it to chance. We considered requesting "close to the main building" but then decided to just let it be. Now I am worried!!!! Any thoughts?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: