Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #2851
Towmater Blue
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! My how time flies. Nine days before we arrive at POR. We are super excited! It is our first family trip to WDW.

I have a question. Where can I find guidance on shipping things (water) to POR?

We will be staying in a RGR-Garden Room and will be traveling with our four year old. Also, I am at a lost when it comes to room requests. Can anyone offer guidance on room requests? I know I would prefer to be on the top floor to avoid overhead noise. We are light sleepers. I have read about corner rooms to maximize daytime lighting, but not sure if this is available. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. In other words, HELP.

TIA for your feedback.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #2852
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Our Mickey Mail came yesterday!
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #2853
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater Blue View Post
Try the thread that's stuck at the top of this forum, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212
Old 04-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #2854
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

I was wondering if roll away beds are available or if they would even fit? I will be there in December by myself. However, one night my brother and his wife who live a little over 3 hours away will be driving up to join me for MVMCP. If they decide to bring their 16 y/o daughter it may be a little awkward. I have no problem sharing a bed with my daughter but I am not comfortable with sharing with my neice that I see once a year. I am sure they would have no problem getting their own room if necessary.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #2855
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone! My how time flies. Nine days before we arrive at POR. We are super excited! It is our first family trip to WDW.

We will be staying in a RGR-Garden Room and will be traveling with our four year old. Also, I am at a lost when it comes to room requests. Can anyone offer guidance on room requests? I know I would prefer to be on the top floor to avoid overhead noise. We are light sleepers. I have read about corner rooms to maximize daytime lighting, but not sure if this is available. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. In other words, HELP.

TIA for your feedback.
9 Days for us too !!!

We are requesting the mansions, but we have paid for a King Bed, so it COULD be either. Maybe we will see you in the mansions though !
Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #2856
Towmater Blue
Earning My Ears

Thanks, EpcotBill!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #2857
Towmater Blue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden

9 Days for us too !!!

We are requesting the mansions, but we have paid for a King Bed, so it COULD be either. Maybe we will see you in the mansions though !
Yes! Awesome! I'm so looking forward to this vacation.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #2858
Towmater Blue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill

Try the thread that's stuck at the top of this forum, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212
Thanks for the link.

Do you have a link for the request letter template? I clicked the link listed at the beginning of this thread, but it directs me to something different.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #2859
nonstopdisneymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyMB View Post
I was wondering if roll away beds are available or if they would even fit? I will be there in December by myself. However, one night my brother and his wife who live a little over 3 hours away will be driving up to join me for MVMCP. If they decide to bring their 16 y/o daughter it may be a little awkward. I have no problem sharing a bed with my daughter but I am not comfortable with sharing with my neice that I see once a year. I am sure they would have no problem getting their own room if necessary.
Idk about rollaways but they could bring an air mattress with them. I've heard about others that have made those fit.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #2860
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

Quote:

TIA for your feedback.
We ordered a case of water and a few snacks from Walmart. com on our last trip and had it shipped directly to the resort. (Address in first post in this thread) It worked out well, and saved space in our car. Plus, $.97 shipped. I ordered about two weeks out, and it was there in plenty of time. We spoke with bell services when we reached our room and it was eventually delivered to us.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #2861
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the link.

Do you have a link for the request letter template? I clicked the link listed at the beginning of this thread, but it directs me to something different.
What link did you click on? In the first post in this thread there's a section labeled "Can I request a particular location or room type?" In the last bullet point in this section is the link to the template. I checked it; it goes right to the post that has the template.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #2862
Towmater Blue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren

What link did you click on? In the first post in this thread there's a section labeled "Can I request a particular location or room type?" In the last bullet point in this section is the link to the template. I checked it; it goes right to the post that has the template.
I clicked the "here" link and it directs me to the last post of this thread. It could be the app.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #2863
zabache
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I've just updated my floorplan layout maps for the two Royal Room buildings (Oak Manor and Parterre Place). Only relatively minor changes, but several (15) of the rooms which were originally classified as River View - but which had slightly oblique, courtyard-facing views of the river - have recently been reclassified to Garden View category, and the map now reflects that. The breakdown table has also been updated to match.

See www.portorleans.org/images/buildingmaps/Floorplan-POR-MagnoliaBend.pdf.

Andre
Ok, so I was looking at the updated maps. I have booked the standard RR. I know almost all of them face the parking lot. I did see some that might have a better view. Do you know what the view might be like for instance in the third floor in Oak Manor? What about on the second and first floor but in the middle of the building? I think Oak Manor might give me the best standard view. I can always request to at least not be looking at the parking lot and that will let me see in between buildings.
Basically what would be the best standard room?
August, 2013-POR, 1st Trip with DS! Pics of or trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99425

April 19-26, 2014 POR in a Royal Room!Pics of Trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99421#
December 17-19 ASSp-December 19-24th AKL Kidani
Old 04-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #2864
Towmater Blue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnowewontgo

We ordered a case of water and a few snacks from Walmart. com on our last trip and had it shipped directly to the resort. (Address in first post in this thread) It worked out well, and saved space in our car. Plus, $.97 shipped. I ordered about two weeks out, and it was there in plenty of time. We spoke with bell services when we reached our room and it was eventually delivered to us.
That's great! Thank you.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #2865
just teachin
Earning My Ears

How far ahead is too far ahead to have things shipped down to POR? We'll be there starting June 1 and when DH's beloved Dr. Pepper is back in stock at Staples.com I'm tempted to go ahead and order, but I don't want it to get shoved so far into a waiting area that it gets lost or they think it's not supposed to be there... Any thoughts on this? Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: