Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #2836
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
that is an option but the trouble with ice in a bag is it melts and can end up being a mess. Plus my gel ice pack is more comfortable.
Thanks for your advice.
That is true. I bet that if you asked at the front desk they would find a place for you to keep them frozen. You could also call ahead to the parks you're visiting, to First Aid and see if they would keep some frozen there for you as well. It's been a very long time since I worked for Disney but the nurses at First Aid were always very accommodating. Many people have to keep medicines (like insulin) cold. Anyway, I'd encourage you to make a call to first aid to see what they might recommend. Nothing worse than a painful back!

BTW, as an encouragement: I once came down with a toothache during a trip to WDW (ended up having to have it pulled). But in spite of the pain, I had a wonderful time, and barely remember the pain part of it now.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #2837
NYC Newlywed
Still basking in the post-Disneymoon glow

Completely random question - does anyone know how much sunscreen costs if bought in the gift shop?

Dec 2012 - POR (Disneymoon)
May 2013 - POR (First Anniversary) (Trip Report)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #2838
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

I've just updated my floorplan layout maps for the two Royal Room buildings (Oak Manor and Parterre Place). Only relatively minor changes, but several (15) of the rooms which were originally classified as River View - but which had slightly oblique, courtyard-facing views of the river - have recently been reclassified to Garden View category, and the map now reflects that. The breakdown table has also been updated to match.

See www.portorleans.org/images/buildingmaps/Floorplan-POR-MagnoliaBend.pdf.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #2839
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Newlywed
Completely random question - does anyone know how much sunscreen costs if bought in the gift shop?
Figure what it normally costs at your own local store plus 40 percent more.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #2840
stephyarcouette
Earning My Ears

Someone told me there is a cost to the wifi at the resorts...true?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #2841
pakaramom
Earning My Ears

I bought some last week while at POR and I think it was 12.99 for Coppertone Spray.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #2842
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by missytara View Post
figure what it normally costs at your own local store plus 40 percent more.
lol
Old 04-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #2843
webstah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyarcouette View Post
Someone told me there is a cost to the wifi at the resorts...true?
Not true, They used to charge like $10 a 24 hour period for the wired, but the wifi has been free.
Sept 2010 POR Sept 2011 POR Sept 2012 POR
Sept 2013 POR Nov 2013 POR Aug/Sept 2014 POR

Old 04-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #2844
lemonsours
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I've just updated my floorplan layout maps for the two Royal Room buildings (Oak Manor and Parterre Place). Only relatively minor changes, but several (15) of the rooms which were originally classified as River View - but which had slightly oblique, courtyard-facing views of the river - have recently been reclassified to Garden View category, and the map now reflects that. The breakdown table has also been updated to match.

Andre
Thanks Andre! We can't wait to stay in a RRGV in October, so excited we might even be able to see the river! The kids love to watch the wildlife.
October 2007 CSR

Old 04-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #2845
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkywayGuy View Post
That is true. I bet that if you asked at the front desk they would find a place for you to keep them frozen. You could also call ahead to the parks you're visiting, to First Aid and see if they would keep some frozen there for you as well. It's been a very long time since I worked for Disney but the nurses at First Aid were always very accommodating. Many people have to keep medicines (like insulin) cold. Anyway, I'd encourage you to make a call to first aid to see what they might recommend. Nothing worse than a painful back!

BTW, as an encouragement: I once came down with a toothache during a trip to WDW (ended up having to have it pulled). But in spite of the pain, I had a wonderful time, and barely remember the pain part of it now.
Thanks, I will call ahead to the park and see if that is something I'd like to do. Just like to have options. I still can't believe I pulled my back out (did it packing, sitting on the floor).
I plan on having another great vacation in WDW. Sorry to hear you had to have a tooth pulled. That's not fun.

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Old 04-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #2846
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstah View Post
You could always buy some of the Icy Hot patches that adhere to the skin. No mess, and no cooling needed. I don't know if they will do the trick for you, but they've helped me in the past when I was not in a position to use an icepack or gel pack.
I did pick up some of those patches thanks for the suggestion. I just like to have options (like I mentioned before). I just don't want anything to hold me from doing the parks all day and night.
Thanks again!

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Old 04-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #2847
just teachin
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Andre
Hmmmm... wonder what this means for us in June. Is it possible they'll have overbooked the RGR River Views since there are less of them? I'm guessing it's a "wait and see" thing...?
Old 04-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #2848
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by just teachin View Post

Hmmmm... wonder what this means for us in June. Is it possible they'll have overbooked the RGR River Views since there are less of them? I'm guessing it's a "wait and see" thing...?
I'm wondering what it will do for all future months? We go in about 2 weeks and we have a RR Riverview. I hope they are not over booked, DD will be very sad
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 04-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #2849
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by just teachin View Post
I presume the worst case would be you'll get one of the rooms which were still classed as River View when you made the booking - which are still excellent views, and you see a lot of the river anyway, just at a bit of an angle.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #2850
ItsNotMuchofaTail
but I'm sort of attached to it

Quote:
I presume the worst case would be you'll get one of the rooms which were still classed as River View when you made the booking - which are still excellent views, and you see a lot of the river anyway, just at a bit of an angle.

Andre
I am nowhere close to an expert, but I was there in Nov, in a RGR-Garden View, and we could see the river. I guess wouldn't have loved if I had paid for a river view because it was a peek from an angle, but our view was beautiful, overlooking the courtyard where they show the movies in Oak Manor. I actually thought it might have been an upgrade because the view was so pretty and my TA had explained the views as basically: parking lot, not parking lot but not river, and river, LOL. Which is oversimplified I know, but I told him I just didn't want to look at the parking lot. He suggested garden view. We were in 92-something-45? 47? IDK exactly, but it was so pretty.

Previous trips:
Off Site: Visiting the grandparents in the 80s - June 2000 - Honeymoon (POFQ) - June 2007 - DD's 1st trip (ASM)June 2010 - We're getting divorced and going anyway (CBR)

November 2012 - Just DD and me (POR-Royal Room)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: