Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #2791
lillykat
DIS Veteran

I know in the past if you had extra bags you had to call a number the night before we are flying delta but get 2 free bags a person, we booked our tickets with my father who has the perks of 2 free bags each for traveling companions. Do we just bring our bags to the RAC desk and they will just take them or how does it work?
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 04-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #2792
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
I know in the past if you had extra bags you had to call a number the night before we are flying delta but get 2 free bags a person, we booked our tickets with my father who has the perks of 2 free bags each for traveling companions. Do we just bring our bags to the RAC desk and they will just take them or how does it work?
If you need more DME Tags then below is my old comment about needing more DME tags.

Originally Posted by Me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Call ME at this number and request more: 1-866-599-0951
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #2793
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
No, you will bring your bags to the DME check in desk in/near the lobby. They will check you in, tag your bags, and accept payment for the bags right there. You'll get your boarding pass and the next time you see your bags is when you arrive at your home airport

(This is for most airlines. All the major ones, anyway)
Just made my reservation for sept 7th My question is if i am flying on southwest can i still use the hotel boarding pass luggage drop off at the hotel or since disney doesnt do southwest reservations like jetblue etc i will have to carry them on my own.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #2794
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

Where will they go?

If I call and request more will they mail them directly to me or will they go to the TA then we have to retrieve them from her?

Also if you call them, how long does it take to get the extras to you?
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 04-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #2795
awfullybigadventure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I don't know how confirmations come through with the online fax services, but I'd have thought you'd get something back? Did you also have your request added to your original booking by the way, as that will be visible to the room assignment folks. Or contact the Special Assistance line?

As this is an important matter to you, it might be worth calling the resort and asking to speak directly with someone in the on-site room assignment team. Don't just discuss it with the first person who answers your call when you ring, as they will be based at a central call center handling calls for all of the Disney resorts. Explain your concerns and the reasons, and that you are not sure whether the fax worked, and I'm sure they'll do their best to help you.

Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
I used the same online fax. I am not 100% sure if it got there but I did get an e-mail that it was in process and then an additional e-mail saying it had been delivered. If I remember correctly, I had to click on a link in an e-mail the fax service sent me in order to activate the process. Again, we haven't arrived yet so not sure it got there
Thank you both for your replies.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #2796
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyluvsmickey View Post
Just made my reservation for sept 7th My question is if i am flying on southwest can i still use the hotel boarding pass luggage drop off at the hotel or since disney doesnt do southwest reservations like jetblue etc i will have to carry them on my own.
We just flew Southwest and did ME, and checked bags and printed boarding passes at the hotel the morning we left.

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Old 04-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #2797
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfling8 View Post
We just flew Southwest and did ME, and checked bags and printed boarding passes at the hotel the morning we left.
Thank you for the reassurance lol
Old 04-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #2798
Jods313
Earning My Ears

a couple questions

Hi Everyone! We are going to POR for the first time and staying in a royal room!! Reading this thread has made us even more excited...if possible! I had a question about mailing stuff down prior. I did read the sticky and I know not to use the US postal service and saw the address to send it to. But I was curious if anyone has done this before and if it was as easy as it seems. We will have diapers, wipes, formula and all the stuff that comes along with a 3 year old and an infant (who will be turning 1 while we are there). Has anyone come across any issues?? It seems well worth it to us but want to be sure.

One more question. I know there is no way to know about early check in bc it depends on availability buuuuut do you think sending down a request a few days earlier will help us at all?!?

Thanks in advance for any info.

~Jodi
Old 04-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #2799
zabache
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jods313 View Post
Hi Everyone! We are going to POR for the first time and staying in a royal room!! Reading this thread has made us even more excited...if possible! I had a question about mailing stuff down prior. I did read the sticky and I know not to use the US postal service and saw the address to send it to. But I was curious if anyone has done this before and if it was as easy as it seems. We will have diapers, wipes, formula and all the stuff that comes along with a 3 year old and an infant (who will be turning 1 while we are there). Has anyone come across any issues?? It seems well worth it to us but want to be sure.

One more question. I know there is no way to know about early check in bc it depends on availability buuuuut do you think sending down a request a few days earlier will help us at all?!?

~Jodi
Welcome
What dates will you be there? I have a son that will be 23 months when we go down there in August. It's our first time going to POR as well. I fell in love with the RR. We also have a DD that's 9 yrs old.
August, 2013-POR, 1st Trip with DS! Pics of or trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99425

April 19-26, 2014 POR in a Royal Room!Pics of Trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99421#
December 17-24, 2014 All Star Sports
Old 04-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #2800
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
If you need more DME Tags then below is my old comment about needing more DME tags.

Originally Posted by Me:
Thank you, but we already took care of that. In fact the extra tags came 2days ago.

I am referring to when we are ready to leave POR. When we left the poly we had to call the night before to pay for tha bags for jet blue that we had past the one free bag. Delta charges you for any checked bag. But my father booked all our tickets bc he has I forget whatever delta status where each person traveling with him gets up to 2 bags free. How does that work with RAC to go home since our fees are waived.

Etd to say...it looks like you no longer call the night before for luggage fees home but pay it at the RAC desk when you give them your bags....so does this mean you just show them that the bags are free at that time?
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 04-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #2801
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jods313

~Jodi
There is a sticky at the top of the board called "shipping to your resort." Follow the instructions carefully.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #2802
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat
Just go to the desk and they can take care of it. Last time we had military personnel who had free bags, and it came up right on the computer.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #2803
Stinkerbell's Mommy
Mouseketeer

We are currently booked 8/31 - 9/8 in a RR Garden View. Of course the dining news came out today, or at least a pretty good rumor of what it will be, and it doesn't include our check in.

If we rebook as a room only for 8/31 and 9/1 in the same category and change our package to 9/2 - 9/8, what are the chances we will be able to stay in the same room for the entire trip? We had already planned on hanging at the hotel our first day and not going to the parks until 9/2. So the room only doesn't change our plans much at all.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #2804
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbell's Mommy
We are currently booked 8/31 - 9/8 in a RR Garden View. Of course the dining news came out today, or at least a pretty good rumor of what it will be, and it doesn't include our check in.

If we rebook as a room only for 8/31 and 9/1 in the same category and change our package to 9/2 - 9/8, what are the chances we will be able to stay in the same room for the entire trip? We had already planned on hanging at the hotel our first day and not going to the parks until 9/2. So the room only doesn't change our plans much at all.
Link your ressies and request not to be moved.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #2805
zomama
Mouseketeer

Does the pool have life jackets for the kids to wear or should I pack their puddle jumpers?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: