Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #2776
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
We are at POR during the split week. May 1 is a Weds. So, as far as the movie schedule goes and rec schedule in general, will that change on Weds May 1st or will they stick to the April schedule until the first full week of May?

If it changes then do we get two schedules(April and May) at check in?? Just wondering how this all works and if anyone knows. THANK YOU
If you arrive on a week (like I do) where the month changes over, you get both.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #2777
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
Our flight doesn't depart MCO till 6:30p, so I am assuming that we would be informed by ME that we would leave POR around 3p or so. So, my question is, do we check our check in bags at the airline desk and then don't have to worry about them, just our carry ons? Will Bell services hold our carry ons until we depart with ME? We might want to hit the parks or DTD after checkout and don't want to have to worry about the checked luggage or the carry ons.
It should be added that your bus time will be right around check-in and guest services may be very busy. I would suggest getting back a bit early so they have time to help the other guests that have arrived, before they retrieve your bags.
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #2778
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullybigadventure View Post
I didn't get an email saying the fax had gone thru. Wasn't I supposed to get an email from the website? I just really, really am hoping to get the first floor because stairs are VERY difficult for him (part of his visual impairment is no depth perception)
I don't know how confirmations come through with the online fax services, but I'd have thought you'd get something back? Did you also have your request added to your original booking by the way, as that will be visible to the room assignment folks. Or contact the Special Assistance line?

As this is an important matter to you, it might be worth calling the resort and asking to speak directly with someone in the on-site room assignment team. Don't just discuss it with the first person who answers your call when you ring, as they will be based at a central call center handling calls for all of the Disney resorts. Explain your concerns and the reasons, and that you are not sure whether the fax worked, and I'm sure they'll do their best to help you.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #2779
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullybigadventure View Post
Okay, 3 days to go and so excited (and nervous) that I can barely stand it! I did online check in last week and sent my fax on Monday. We booked a garden view room and there are 5 of us so we will be in AB. In my fax I requested 1st floor, external view corner room, building 16 or as close to the main building as possible. My husband is severely visually impaired and the more light the better, the less walking the better...I know, hard to avoid walking in DW! Anyway, I know not to expect a reply but I used the free online site (got free fax) and I realized as I was tossing and turning last night, that I didn't get an email saying the fax had gone thru. Wasn't I supposed to get an email from the website? I just really, really am hoping to get the first floor because stairs are VERY difficult for him (part of his visual impairment is no depth perception) and the 2nd window should help a lot by providing more natural light. Should I risk seeming like a bother and resend the fax in case they didn't receive it or should I just assume it went thru? I've never used Got Free Fax before and am not sure about their reliability. It's only because of this thread that I even knew to send a fax in the first place! Thank you to all the experts, especially Andre and Venom!
I used the same online fax. I am not 100% sure if it got there but I did get an e-mail that it was in process and then an additional e-mail saying it had been delivered. If I remember correctly, I had to click on a link in an e-mail the fax service sent me in order to activate the process. Again, we haven't arrived yet so not sure it got there
Old 04-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #2780
brian95
Mouseketeer

when we catch the ME back to the airport do we have to get our bags and put them on the bus ourselves
Old 04-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #2781
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

Where will they bill mailed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Yep, you can check your bags at the airline desk and leave your carry-ons with Bell Services. Just make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to retrieve them before going to wait for the DME bus. The time the give you is the time it leaves, so you'll want to be out there waiting at least 15 minutes before.

You really shouldn't cut the DME tags in half because then they might not fit around the luggage handles, plus there's adhesive on each end of the tag - if you cut them in half, only one end of each one will have the adhesive. Just call DME for more.
If I call and request more will they mail them directly to me or will they go to the TA then we have to retrieve them from her?

Also if you call them, how long does it take to get the extras to you?
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside

Last edited by germ539; 04-24-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #2782
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian95 View Post
when we catch the ME back to the airport do we have to get our bags and put them on the bus ourselves
No, you will bring your bags to the DME check in desk in/near the lobby. They will check you in, tag your bags, and accept payment for the bags right there. You'll get your boarding pass and the next time you see your bags is when you arrive at your home airport

(This is for most airlines. All the major ones, anyway)
Old 04-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #2783
brian95
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
No, you will bring your bags to the DME check in desk in/near the lobby. They will check you in, tag your bags, and accept payment for the bags right there. You'll get your boarding pass and the next time you see your bags is when you arrive at your home airport

thanks good to know.wondering if there are any flight delays now with all the furloughs thanks to our gov.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #2784
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
I used the same online fax. I am not 100% sure if it got there but I did get an e-mail that it was in process and then an additional e-mail saying it had been delivered. If I remember correctly, I had to click on a link in an e-mail the fax service sent me in order to activate the process. Again, we haven't arrived yet so not sure it got there
You could always Pm the right person and see!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #2785
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
You could always Pm the right person and see!
just did
Old 04-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #2786
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian95 View Post
If you use RAC, which is open between the hours of 5 am and 1 pm, then you don't need to take your bags to the bus.

If you do decide to take your own bags back, the porter will stow them on the bus for you - he needs to put them in groups of B side and A side of dropping off at the airport, so he doesn't have to sift through all the bags to remove them.

It is expected to tip $1.00 per bag minimum.

You can find a wealth of information about ME on the Transportation Board.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #2787
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post

I know this is splitting hairs, but this isn't a DME desk. Its the RAC (Resort Airline Check-in) desk. You don't need to use DME to use this service. Think of these guys as the airport sky caps, only at the resort.

(Also, there are exclusions as to who can use it. It is mostly just the major airlines, as you mentioned, but I am not sure if it is available for International travelers either.)
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 04-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #2788
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
I know this is splitting hairs, but this isn't a DME desk. Its the RAC (Resort Airline Check-in) desk. You don't need to use DME to use this service. Think of these guys as the airport sky caps, only at the resort.

(Also, there are exclusions as to who can use it. It is mostly just the major airlines, as you mentioned, but I am not sure if it is available for International travelers either.)
Actually it is good to post this; because the DME area is at Guest Services by the front door and RAC is, as you say, another function, located closer to the luggage storage area.

It is important to know, so that is why I posted as well.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #2789
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Actually it is good to post this; because the DME area is at Guest Services by the front door and RAC is, as you say, another function, located closer to the luggage storage area.

GMTA! We must have both been typing at the same time and you beat me to submit
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 04-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #2790
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post

Thank you for correcting me. I couldn't remember "RAC" and I since I've always gone there first, I thought they were the same thing.

Last edited by Chuckers; 04-24-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: