Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #2716
Carlyzmom
AXIOM Crew Member
I see naked people all the time that are NOT pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
No I have not heard any problems since the refurb they did. Before the refurb I had one personally where the lock pulled right out after twisting the key to lock and leave.

But we usually lock our important items out of sight in a suitcase. Out of sight out of mind!
OK, thanks. I guess I'm just a little paranoid right now. I had my purse stolen yesterday and I am feeling protective of my stuff right about now.
1995 Disneyland Hotel - California
1997 Fort Wilderness
1998 Fort Wilderness
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

Me DH DD 13 DS 11
Old 04-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #2717
pakaramom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaks02 View Post
What are the dates of the current bounce back offer, if you don't mind sharing?
I will try and get the dates in the morning before we leave ( the kids just fell asleep and I don't want to wake them!)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #2718
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

DH & I just got back from POR 2 weeks ago celebrating his birthday & going to Epcot for the Flower & Garden Festival & on Saturday he surprised me & said since we have 2 days off together to try & get a reservation for this Wednesday night (24th) to go back again. I am so excited. We have Fla. Res. AP's and can't wait to get back to POR & relax. We didn't get to do much at the resort this last time so we're trying to plan certain times at the park & certain times at the resort even for a short time. Hoping for a much longer trip in the fall. We requested AB bldg 14/18 again this time.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Old 04-23-2013, 01:39 AM   #2719
havinfun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomma76 View Post

Too funny! I teach at our local community college and am out May 17th. My hubby is an elementary principal. Kids get out May 29th. Hubby is done May 30th. Throwing the kids in the car and heading south as soon as he gets home. It is a surprise trip for the kids and I'm having a hard time keeping my mouth shut. I'm trying to figure out how to pack the car with the kids home.

The teachers are definitely invading POR. We arrive May 31st and stay until June 8th.
I am not a teacher, but a school nurse. I will be going second week of June.

August 2008 - Walt Disney World, Lots of Pictures
1977, 1978, 1984, all off site. 1996 FW cabins, 2008 CSR.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:35 AM   #2720
wayneJR
Earning My Ears

best room in riverside

hello we have booked a king room in Nov 15-22.

can anyone make a suggestion for a good room please.

thanks in advance
Old 04-23-2013, 03:51 AM   #2721
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneJR View Post

thanks in advance
Congratulations! Check out this link for very detailed descriptions of all the room categories and locations.

http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php
Old 04-23-2013, 06:29 AM   #2722
pakaramom
Earning My Ears

Bounceback dates:

4/14-5/21/13, 5/28-6/8/13, 8/4-10/5/13, 10/20-11/2/13, 11/17-11/23/13, 11/30-12/4/13, and 12/15-12/19/13.

Hope that helps!

Packing up before our last breakfast at Kona Cafe before we head to the airport

Old 04-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #2723
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakaramom View Post
Bounceback dates:

4/14-5/21/13, 5/28-6/8/13, 8/4-10/5/13, 10/20-11/2/13, 11/17-11/23/13, 11/30-12/4/13, and 12/15-12/19/13.

Hope that helps!

Packing up before our last breakfast at Kona Cafe before we head to the airport
That seems to be pretty consistent to last year; I go the week after Thanksgiving (normally, this is an exception this year), and the first full week of December is always blacked out due to Pop Warner Competition.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:58 AM   #2724
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneJR View Post

thanks in advance
I would also suggest looking at the link provided. You didn't give me information regarding what you are looking for.

It depends on whether you like the more rustic look or the mansions.

Do you want to be close to transportation or a pool. Do you prefer being in the first floor so you can walk right out the door or the top floor, so there is no one above you.

The only buildings you will not be in would be Oak Manor or Partarre Place, which have no king bed rooms.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #2725
punky1973
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by memma05 View Post

Looks like we will be there the same time!! We are staying in a RR garden view!! Hope you have a blast!

Thank you....you too
Old 04-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #2726
punky1973
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajune View Post

We will also be in a Garden View RR at that time!! Can't wait!!
Cool..have a great vaca
Old 04-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #2727
CourtNut
Earning My Ears

We are here now (4/20-4/27) This is our first time staying on property and we are absolutely loving POR. We have a room in AB building 26 second floor garden view. We had booked a standard view. It was a nice surprise being upgraded at check-in.

For the poster who asked about the coffee: I made sure to pay attention this morning while filling up my mug. The coffee dispenser said "Nescafe"

I will try to answer any questions people might have while I'm here. Will definitely give a longer review once we get home.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #2728
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Vacation Review

We just got back from our family trip to POR and WDW yesterday.

We had reserved a river view room. Because my SIL had a party of 5 we knew we'd be in one of three buildings, 14, 27, or 38 at AB. I had requested first floor rooms because of the kids.

My family and my SIL's did the online check-in things went great for us. Unfortunately for my MIL (Didn't do on-line), they had a glitch in her reservation, and had to remove it and give her a brand new one. This took over a half hour. The CM was nice and pleasant, but needed assistance to do this. I stayed with her while the others headed to their rooms. Not too big of an issue.

The new "keyhole" to the door was different. It worked fine, but the little Mickey cover over the electronics kept falling off everyone's doors. They are having some issues with the bands apparently and the CM told me they have pushed that out for resorts other than the test ones. All in all I liked the way the KTTW work now, with the touch and PIN method for charging.

We were thrilled with the rooms we got! First floor in building 27, MIL in 2729, my family in 2731, and SIL in 2732 (connected). The location was perfect for the main pool and the main building! The walk to the bus was a little longer, but not too bad for us. We had a bunny and an otter that my nephew kept close track of in front by the river.

Ate breakfast at the food court most mornings with DS and MIL. The hot breakfast offerings were decent at best, but OK for the price. The pastry items, however, were above average to excellent. I really enjoyed the danish, and the cinnamon rolls were nice and warm and delicious.

I'm an early riser (we were there around 7 to 7:30) and we had very good luck getting our breakfast and a clean place to sit at the food court, but after 8:15 or so, the place became a madhouse!

Other than breakfast, we only ate a couple of times at the food court. We found the food to be pretty decent. One surprise was the pizza! I've gone on for a long time that I've never had a decent pizza at a WDW resort. That has changed. They made a very good pizza at POR. I ordered a few for our group to have in the room one night and it was delicious.

Cont....

Last edited by cjsm&d; 04-23-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #2729
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

...Cont. (Hope this isn't too long winded for you folks).

When I'm on vacation at WDW I always leave alot of time to get places and don't sweat the bus service, which has been fine most of the time...

...However, the service was really spotty this year. We waited an average of 25 minutes most mornings to get our park buses.

On the other hand, the boats to DTD were prompt and as always, a big plus for staying at POR!

The kids loved the main pool and the arcade. My nephew (4) thought the playground was excellent. It has been updated since we came here last.

We ate at Boatwrights once and the food was very good. DW and I had the prime rib and it was very good. DMIL had the salmon salad and thought it was the best meal she had all week.

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at POR, and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

As far as the parks, the lines were manageable with a few exceptions. Some things never change apparently, and Soarin' seems to kick out more fast passes then it should which creates long stand by lines, test track goes down 2 or 3 times a day, and splash mountain also seems to have issues that keep you bumping into other logs and waiting...

Hope this is helpful!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #2730
pakaramom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsm&d View Post
...Cont. (Hope this isn't too long winded for you folks).

When I'm on vacation at WDW I always leave alot of time to get places and don't sweat the bus service, which has been fine most of the time...

...However, the service was really spotty this year. We waited an average of 25 minutes most mornings to get our park buses.

On the other hand, the boats to DTD were prompt and as always, a big plus for staying at POR!

The kids loved the main pool and the arcade. My nephew (4) thought the playground was excellent. It has been updated since we came here last.

We ate at Boatwrights once and the food was very good. DW and I had the prime rib and it was very good. DMIL had the salmon salad and thought it was the best meal she had all week.

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at POR, and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

As far as the parks, the lines were manageable with a few exceptions. Some things never change apparently, and Soarin' seems to kick out more fast passes then it should which creates long stand by lines, test track goes down 2 or 3 times a day, and splash mountain also seems to have issues that keep you bumping into other logs and waiting...

Hope this is helpful!
Timing is certainly everything! We never waited longer than 15 minutes for a bus , although sometimes they were more crowded than I like!

Test track is my 5 year olds favorite ride and thankfully ever broke down while we were there waiting!

We were in room 1721 and had an amazing trip. We did online check in and was greeted by a Castmember with an IPad and everything went smooth. We arrived at 1030 and our room was ready!

Beautiful weather until Sunday, but still not horrible!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: